• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

Just now, oldmilwaukee6er said:

My LCS bought a large collection of these a few weeks ago. I got a small education on them as I mistook them for Hero clix

Same company.  Mage Knight was first, then Heroclix.

14 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Speaking of the art on the box, here is a question for @STORMSHADOW_80, @comicwiz, @followtheleader, and any other Joe Collectors...

Has anyone ever seen any of the vintage card art floating around in any auctions?  Hakes maybe?  I assume that the majority of it at this point is in black hole collections if it was ever even made available.  

I haven't been fortunate to run across the artwork in the wild. 

I'm guessing it's like artwork from other genres like CCGs.  I used to buy artwork for a game called Warlord and would have to pick them up from the artists directly. 

Patrick

23 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Speaking of the art on the box, here is a question for @STORMSHADOW_80, @comicwiz, @followtheleader, and any other Joe Collectors...

Has anyone ever seen any of the vintage card art floating around in any auctions?  Hakes maybe?  I assume that the majority of it at this point is in black hole collections if it was ever even made available.  

@Buzzetta there is a closed Facebook group (it's called PrePro) where this preproduction stuff sells. I was added about 6 months ago, but I've had my sights on other things and haven't checked in for awhile. It comes up from time to time, it's all about timing and being priced right.

3 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

If it were Star Wars, there is a company called GW Acrylic that is making a lot of really cool stuff, not just acrylic cases for MOC's. However, if it's G1 Transformers, I would honestly just look up CGA/AFA's website, and see if they have already premade cases. The quality of their cases is above the rest, and worth paying a little more money to get. I've bought several custom cases from them (for toys they didn't have cases made) and they have come out great. Incidentally, the first custom case I had them make for me was for a G1 Jetfire.

GI_Jetfire_macros.jpg

Beautiful! Yours even has the macross symbol on it. I still have my childhood Jetfire :cloud9: I think it was probably one of my favorite toys growing up

4 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Beautiful! Yours even has the macross symbol on it. I still have my childhood Jetfire :cloud9: I think it was probably one of my favorite toys growing up

Thank-you. It is my favourite G1 Transformer as well. (thumbsuThe one I posted above is the version with the painted macross emblem. I also have the version with the stickered emblem (and the wing has a circular gap in the paint app of the wing so the sticker can be applied in the exact area). Took me forever to find both.

GI_Jetfire_stickered_macros.jpg

Edited by comicwiz

14 minutes ago, archiecomicscollector said:

A recent addition to my collection - The Archies Dolls by Mattel.

Each doll has a plastic head and plush body... a bit odd looking but I love 'em! :x  

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 9.05.27 PM.png

I like the packaging on those. 

If you get a chance, can you post a pic of the backs? 

Patrick

On 10/12/2018 at 8:12 AM, comicwiz said:

@Buzzetta there is a closed Facebook group (it's called PrePro) where this preproduction stuff sells. I was added about 6 months ago, but I've had my sights on other things and haven't checked in for awhile. It comes up from time to time, it's all about timing and being priced right.

Appreciate it... I just sent a request and am in 'pending' mode.  Don't know if I will be accepted but we shall see... thanks again. 

Edited by Buzzetta

12 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

The influence of this thread... I saw a pic a few pages back and said, "Ya know... I never got into the Ewoks line but I kind of like that Wicket"  I also picked up a couple more POTF figs as I like to grab one here and there whenever I see one offered at a decent price.  I had never seen a wide stance Chewbacca before in decent shape in person so I decided to take that home too even with the repro weapon.  When I posted that article on Vader I noticed that my childhood Vader was fine but the extra I picked up years ago had a white face. So... I wanted a second Vader. Hammerhead?  I am a sucker for that alien. I have a shelf in the basement with a few Hammerhead pieces around. 

As far as the Joes... I mentioned that I want some of my GI Joe back.  Any figure I pick up must be complete, no cracks in the thumbs, crotches or elbows. 

IMG_6393.JPG

IMG_6392.JPG

Where do you get those little figure boxes? They look really useful. Are they as stackable as they look like they would be? I’m envisioning a slightly inset back so they don’t slide around when stacked. 

11 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Where do you get those little figure boxes? They look really useful. Are they as stackable as they look like they would be? I’m envisioning a slightly inset back so they don’t slide around when stacked. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-BLISTER-CASE-100-Action-Figure-Protective-Clamshell-SMALL-GI-Joe/122515132748?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

100 Cases for $65 shipped isn't bad. I usually buy more whenever eBay is offering some type of coupon or incentive. 

http://www.gwacrylic.com/

Iain Sanderson is the guy that sells them though and he also makes Acrylic cases.  I have never purchased any Acrylic cases but he has a solid reputation. 

12 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

The influence of this thread... I saw a pic a few pages back and said, "Ya know... I never got into the Ewoks line but I kind of like that Wicket"  I also picked up a couple more POTF figs as I like to grab one here and there whenever I see one offered at a decent price.  I had never seen a wide stance Chewbacca before in decent shape in person so I decided to take that home too even with the repro weapon.  When I posted that article on Vader I noticed that my childhood Vader was fine but the extra I picked up years ago had a white face. So... I wanted a second Vader. Hammerhead?  I am a sucker for that alien. I have a shelf in the basement with a few Hammerhead pieces around. 

As far as the Joes... I mentioned that I want some of my GI Joe back.  Any figure I pick up must be complete, no cracks in the thumbs, crotches or elbows. 

IMG_6393.JPG

IMG_6392.JPG

That Storm Shadow looks super white. 

Congrats. 

Patrick

On 10/13/2018 at 9:51 AM, mysterio said:

They are clamshell blisters, and have a very light blue pigment in them. I got mine from the Earth Toy Mall, but as @Buzzetta mentioned, Iain Sanderson (GW Acrylic) has them also. I bought mine a long time ago, and I think I got a 100 count as well which worked out to a little less than 50 cents a piece. They have larger ones also for the Power Droid, Rancor Keeper, etc. They aren't stackable unfortunately, but I have them in small bins and I find they are safer to keep action figures in than ziplock bags or even in the original carrying cases. I have not seen a single figure of mine show any sweating or frosting using these. In the bin below I just have them stacked, but I do have another larger box (just out of camera on the right side) where I have them upright. I particularly like them because it's a great way to organize them with the accessories/weapons.

figures.jpg

On 10/12/2018 at 3:22 PM, comicwiz said:

If it were Star Wars, there is a company called GW Acrylic that is making a lot of really cool stuff, not just acrylic cases for MOC's. However, if it's G1 Transformers, I would honestly just look up CGA/AFA's website, and see if they have already premade cases. The quality of their cases is above the rest, and worth paying a little more money to get. I've bought several custom cases from them (for toys they didn't have cases made) and they have come out great. Incidentally, the first custom case I had them make for me was for a G1 Jetfire.

Thanks for the link, good to know about these. The two I plan to display are both loose (though complete), but if I ever upgrade to boxed versions of them, it's good to know about these...

On 10/12/2018 at 10:12 PM, archiecomicscollector said:

A recent addition to my collection - The Archies Dolls by Mattel.

Each doll has a plastic head and plush body... a bit odd looking but I love 'em! :x  

Screen Shot 2018-10-12 at 9.05.27 PM.png

Very cool having carded and loose. I think Veronica can put her hand down now,that shoulder has to be sore.