• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,261 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Shadow Images well at least that's half the battle ^^  I like it though, I remember seeing my cousin's Flagg as a kid, I tripped and fell into it, didn't break it though whew!

it was on the ground, I remember seeing it all put together when I got there, and I kept wondering the size of box it must have come in :shy: 

The box is huge.  A real storage filler. 

But a killer box. 

Patrick

Been pulling 12-14 hour days so I haven't been able to add much lately. 

Pic includes some that I recently bought.  

3 of the 5 Brazil Mission figures with their accessories and file cards.  Already had Wet Suit.  Just need Leatherneck which is tough because he nearly always has paint problems.

The Steeler is in unbelievable condition.  Wanted that one for a long time. 

The later Destro is pretty sweet too.  His head chrome and gold paint are common issues.  Having a sword seems ridiculous, but I love it.  

Patrick 

20181104_164113.jpg

I'm hoping for some advice on how to best source modern toys in a post-Toys R Us environment.

The problem is that when I visit multiple Milwaukee Walmart's, the toy section is a desert. There may be one or two toys of any given line but more often there's two thirds or more empty shelf space. Target is a little better, but also further away with added overhead cost. 

Does anyone use an SKU finder app? Or a website? What techniques can I employ to compete better? 

I'm not trying to buy for resale or replace the pros, but I am frustrated by having to source toys on eBay, pay a premium (e.g. Usagi Yojimbo), or see items damaged in shipping. Namely I am looking for a couple more examples of the Vintage SW Doctor Aphra figure 3 and 3/4 inch. Also, I will be looking for a few SW Black Series 6-inch Doctor Aphra, BT1, and 000. And eventually any new Usagi Yojimbo toys that result from his cartoon. Appreciative of any tips you might share. 

41 minutes ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

I'm hoping for some advice on how to best source modern toys in a post-Toys R Us environment.

The problem is that when I visit multiple Milwaukee Walmart's, the toy section is a desert. There may be one or two toys of any given line but more often there's two thirds or more empty shelf space. Target is a little better, but also further away with added overhead cost. 

Does anyone use an SKU finder app? Or a website? What techniques can I employ to compete better? 

I'm not trying to buy for resale or replace the pros, but I am frustrated by having to source toys on eBay, pay a premium (e.g. Usagi Yojimbo), or see items damaged in shipping. Namely I am looking for a couple more examples of the Vintage SW Doctor Aphra figure 3 and 3/4 inch. Also, I will be looking for a few SW Black Series 6-inch Doctor Aphra, BT1, and 000. And eventually any new Usagi Yojimbo toys that result from his cartoon. Appreciative of any tips you might share. 

I have to agree.  The Walmart's lately have been terrible.  Been looking for the Walmart exclusive Harley Quinn but all I find is nearly 10 month old Marvel Legends and some new-ish Transformers.  Targets have been a bit better but still hard to come by.  Walgreens used to be good but even they dried up in the past few months.

4 hours ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

Have you tried brickseek? Best thing I can think of, though the stock levels that they show may not always be accurate (especially with Target, where their website rarely accurately represents what is in the store.)

4 hours ago, oldmilwaukee6er said:

Oh, and as far as BUYING toys, I just buy everything from bigbadtoystore. Flat $4 shipping no matter how much you buy, and they carry pretty much everything. Aside from random pickups at Target or wherever, I get everything through them.

With the money some of the stretch toys are commanding, I should have bought the dip molds when I saw them offered. Prices are all over the place with them, and lately more of them have been coming out of the woodwork, but those will last you forever, and the detail on them is amazing.

Edited by comicwiz

8 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Picked up this guy at lunch :smile:

028F893B-8909-46CD-9C98-8B7169938D7D.jpeg

Not a modern figure person, but I like it. 

Always enjoyed Archangel.  The interchangeable faces makes it like 4 different figures. 

If they made a cracked out huge Cameron Hodges, you could re-create the X-tinction Agenda series.

Patrick 

13 hours ago, Shaolingoat said:

The 12-back collection continues to grow, and my first SKU figure too!

NJRcxjP3SouM6DjOWyWs6w.thumb.jpg.9e72309f570cb0eac854af3975186440.jpg

These were hot for awhile because i) they weren't sometimes caught during grading, as the SKU isn't always easy to see based on the figure (particularly caped ones) so people who try to look through eBay listings to find them, and regrade for a slight premium; ii) because these are considered an early release of the first wave, and there is a very, very low chance that the Luke/Ben/Vader might be a DT that a previous owner might have missed. There are also early variations like dark blue R2. For the most part, they are fun to collect, and I always collected "A", so I have owned a few, but even 12 Back-A's aren't commanding as much as they used to, because it seems most collectors don't chase the letter variation as much anymore.