• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, comicwiz said:

These were hot for awhile because i) they weren't sometimes caught during grading, as the SKU isn't always easy to see based on the figure (particularly caped ones) so people who try to look through eBay listings to find them, and regrade for a slight premium; ii) because these are considered an early release of the first wave, and there is a very, very low chance that the Luke/Ben/Vader might be a DT that a previous owner might have missed. There are also early variations like dark blue R2. For the most part, they are fun to collect, and I always collected "A", so I have owned a few, but even 12 Back-A's aren't commanding as much as they used to, because it seems most collectors don't chase the letter variation as much anymore.

Loose seems to be the hot ticket right now . I have seen a ton of MOC going unsold.  I like as the loose are skyrocketing and I am find deals on MOC.

11 hours ago, Shadow Images said:

Loose seems to be the hot ticket right now . I have seen a ton of MOC going unsold.  I like as the loose are skyrocketing and I am find deals on MOC.

It's this way with Joes in many cases now too. 

Some loose figures are damn near the same prices as a MOC.  That makes zero sense.  This comes from someone who has both, but actually likes the loose Joe figures over carded. But if i'm paying similar prices and chose between MOC/loose, I'm buying MOC every time. 

Patrick 

On 11/6/2018 at 5:00 AM, Max Carnage said:

A cherished toy from my childhood  :luhv:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.c01ff948822d22f24164871b5fac41ee.jpg356163268_s-l1600(1).thumb.jpg.ae4e7c3204e816b540fbf7ad68cbbe7f.jpg

Awesome!

I received this a gift from Santa for Christmas when I was a child. Almost immediately after removing it from the package, I scared my younger sister with him. Her reaction was stabbing him with her pencil, and he oozed out the red jelly inside. Very disappointed, my parents said Santa would replace it, however the replacement was Stretch X-Ray instead as “Santa” was out of stock of this figure. 😒

On 11/10/2018 at 8:48 AM, NamesJay said:

I think one reason people might be steering clear of MOC is because they are afraid of unseen damage that might present itself over time. Bad o-rings resulting in limbs falling off within the clamshell, and similar type situations.

Another reason might be that SOME people don't know how to ship these safely.  I am really P.O.ed about the figures with smashed bubbles I've been receiving lately.  I guess this will only add to the rarity... :pullhair:

2 hours ago, Yorick said:

Another reason might be that SOME people don't know how to ship these safely.  I am really P.O.ed about the figures with smashed bubbles I've been receiving lately.  I guess this will only add to the rarity... :pullhair:

You gotta love when someone sells your $300+ MOC and ships them in a bubble envelope.

These were for sale at an estate auction I went to today and I took a picture for you guys. Due to the late hour and significant snow much was going very very cheap (I got two short boxes for $5 bid). Even with the people still buying I expect they went for a song. I just had to leave and it took me 90 minutes to go 10-15 miles home.

DsFIdjPUcAAs_3g.jpg

They do the tops of the tables and then gop around the room and then move the stuff on the floor to the tables, so it was another 3 hours or so before these went off.

37 minutes ago, Bird said:

These were for sale at an estate auction I went to today and I took a picture for you guys. Due to the late hour and significant snow much was going very very cheap (I got two short boxes for $5 bid). Even with the people still buying I expect they went for a song. I just had to leave and it took me 90 minutes to go 10-15 miles home.

DsFIdjPUcAAs_3g.jpg

They do the tops of the tables and then gop around the room and then move the stuff on the floor to the tables, so it was another 3 hours or so before these went off.

Glad you got home safe though!

Congrats! On the comic rack! I can be patient lol on the other stuff  :foryou:

On 9/25/2018 at 10:41 AM, Shadow Images said:

I never understand this. You show examples for sale already well under their original prices but you buy two to try and pay for both. New toys/collectibles rarely see gains.

Ahem... Picked up both for $35 each plus shipping.  I have been buying a lot of GI Joe (More on that later) and realized I had to prioritize as you can't keep everything.  Put them up on eBay for $65 each.  I just woke up and am boxing a few things up now.  After fees I pay for the initial order and then some.  Some of the Joe figures, albeit loose, have been kind of expensive like Firefly (with the Walkie Talkie) and Zartan (Complete) so this kind of paid for one of them. 

Screen Shot 2018-11-16 at 4.39.10 AM.png

Promised a mail call - for more Joes... 

• Muskrat
  • Desert Scorpion 
  • Stalker - lol (Sad but true - I recently broke the waist on my original and when I went to replace it the whole thing shattered when I tried to take him apart)
  • Destro - Iron Grenadiers (Forgot to take a pic of his despoiler)
  • Short Fuze
  • Knockdown
  • Dusty Version 2
  • Dodger
  • Hooded Cobra Commander (Another one) 
  • Pythona (Modern Figure Mailaway)
  • Lift Ticket (25th Anniversary) 
  • Snake Eyes Valom V Venom (Most detailed O-Ring Snake Eyes circa 2000)
  • Swamp Viper Valor V Venom 
  • Shadow Tracker (Based off Predator - One of the best original characters created in modern era)
  • 25th SDCC Zarana

IMG_6991.jpeg

IMG_6992.jpeg

IMG_6993.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Promised a mail call - for more Joes... 

• Muskrat
  • Desert Scorpion 
  • Stalker - lol (Sad but true - I recently broke the waist on my original and when I went to replace it the whole thing shattered when I tried to take him apart)
  • Destro - Iron Grenadiers (Forgot to take a pic of his despoiler)
  • Short Fuze
  • Knockdown
  • Dusty Version 2
  • Dodger
  • Hooded Cobra Commander (Another one) 
  • Pythona (Modern Figure Mailaway)
  • Lift Ticket (25th Anniversary) 
  • Snake Eyes Valom V Venom (Most detailed O-Ring Snake Eyes circa 2000)
  • Swamp Viper Valor V Venom 
  • Shadow Tracker (Based off Predator - One of the best original characters created in modern era)
  • 25th SDCC Zarana

IMG_6991.jpeg

IMG_6992.jpeg

IMG_6993.jpeg

Shadow Tracker IS one of the best, for sure. I remember for the longest time the newer Joes were impossible to find around here, but Walgreens always had them. I thought about buying a few of these then, wish I had bought them all considering how they sell now. The POC figures are some of the best that Hasbro ever did for the line, but they barely had presence at retail. It's a shame. 

Went to a toy show this weekend. 

Got a number of cool pieces.  Will post this holiday weekend. 

One toy I kept hearing people ask about were Shogun Warriors.  Over and over and over. 

Thinking it was coincidence, but wondering if there was some associated news. 

Patrick