• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Whoa... Mail Haul with a capital H... 

This is some of the stuff... more stuff when I finish setting it up (My ship and it's crew arrived - but that is for another thread.)

So... more vintage... 

From Left to Right and Top to Bottom... except for those bagged figs... (All are complete ((except one)), tight limbs, no breaks) 

Top Row

• Recoil
  • Gung Ho (1992)
  • Zarana
  • Wet Suit (1992)
  • Heat Viper (All missiles and no breaks)
  • General Hawk
  • Eels (This was tougher to find with the better paint job for the silver Cobra symbol)

Bottom Row

• Saw Viper
  • Dusty
  • Dusty (I ummm ordered one but it was sent with the wrong bipod - it was cheaper to buy another 'complete one' then to get the bipod )
  • Major Bludd
  • Lift Ticket (with that PITA Microphone)
  • 1982 Straight Arm Snake Eyes

Red Card

• Jinx
  • Joseph Colton ('Original GI Joe')

Various file cards and my lord is that Snake Eyes beautiful

IMG_7447.jpeg

IMG_7449.jpeg

Your just going to town on GI Joe's.  You'll have them all by New Years.:grin:

11 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Woah! That's one heck of a haul! I can't wait to see how you display them. Congrats @Buzzetta

There is a toy coupon today on ebay...

10%off... code PLAYDAY

I'm not too fluent in the toy market to know if Joe collectibles qualify,  but there has got to be something  :wishluck:

Edit: today only ends 11:59 PT

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

17 hours ago, Shadow Images said:

Your just going to town on GI Joe's.  You'll have them all by New Years.:grin:

I notice that certain figures are trending upwards and it is tougher to find NM and complete... like that Outback and Zartan and believe it or not Spirit... 

Figure... if I see a deal I should grab it and to buy a few figures at a time so sellers give discounts. 

I also have not been playing the game of buying incomplete figures with the hopes of buying accessories later on.  The only time I went against that concept was with a listing I stumbled across for the accessories for a figure that was dirt cheap and then went looking for an incomplete loose figure to join it.  I would not have have normally done that though... 

More to come though... :( 

I have to take pics a little later lol 

5 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Woah! That's one heck of a haul! I can't wait to see how you display them. Congrats @Buzzetta

This might come to a disappointment to some... I am not a guy that displays stuff around the house much.  It's a matter of personal preference.  I have some art hanging up around the house.  I have some things in the basement... but I'm not one for creating a display cabinet for the GI Joes... As it is I use the China Cabinet for toys dating back to the early 1900's to today.  My office is a different story as I do have a few lego sets on a bureau and a few things on the desk. If anyone wants I will take a few pics and post. 

I know, it's not Plastic crack. 

Really nice condition throughout. 

Appears to be a 4th edition. 

The dice are so poor quality compared to how they are made today.  Probably shouldn't complain because it sounded like dice became a luxury shortly after this was made. 

Patrick

20181129_215134.jpg

21 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I notice that certain figures are trending upwards and it is tougher to find NM and complete... like that Outback and Zartan and believe it or not Spirit... 

Figure... if I see a deal I should grab it and to buy a few figures at a time so sellers give discounts. 

I also have not been playing the game of buying incomplete figures with the hopes of buying accessories later on.  The only time I went against that concept was with a listing I stumbled across for the accessories for a figure that was dirt cheap and then went looking for an incomplete loose figure to join it.  I would not have have normally done that though... 

More to come though... :( 

I have to take pics a little later lol 

Spirit is tough because that blue chest piece is usually yellowing. I was on the hunt for a sharp blue Spirit for a year or so, but still haven't found one nice enough at a price I want to pay.

As I mentioned in another thread, I am severely limiting myself to only a couple of vehicles. So far the 25th Vamp, the R.H.I.N.O. APC Carrier (Movie / DTC Aliens looking thing) and these two...

Cobra Moray was my favorite vehicle as a kid so when this came up for sale it was a no brainer. It is perfect in every way except it is missing the spotlight lens. I have a repro lens in place instead. However vibrant colors and tight parts. Only loose part is the left torpedo which I remember was loose on my original. Any solution for that?

Water Moccasin is the 25th version. I liked it better as the gun placement and steering vanes in the back were definitely more durable and the cockpit and overall size is slightly bigger so the figures aren't cramped.

Ships are currently manned by Lamprey's (both vintage and modern) and Vintage Copperhead.

This is on the display area above the office cabinet until the sail barge arrives next year. (Still don't know if I am keeping that.)

IMG_7553.HEIC.jpeg

10 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Those are some sweet ships! I hear you on the vehicle selection. Space can get tight real quick.

I’ve heard of people using clear nail polish on pieces that are loose @Buzzetta

I might buy a spare torpedo to give it a try first.  When I saw that it was loose I assume it was a slight production error.  It hangs on but if you move it then it falls right out.  The right torpedo is snug.   There are never any decent toy shows here on LI... we are getting the comic shows but Toy Shows are definitely under the radar for me or non existent.  I am hoping that they are simply under the radar.  It would be nice to look. 

One of my fav purchases. 

Black Lagoon is one of my all-time favorite figures.  That alone would have pleased me. 

Clash of the Titans with the tail is great times. 

Lastly, I'd not seen the lion in my travels.  Since learned it's from the 70s Flash Gordon series.  Absolutely love it.  

Wish I found more with this odd assortment. 

Patrick 

20181125_213029.jpg

On 12/1/2018 at 3:18 PM, Buzzetta said:

As I mentioned in another thread, I am severely limiting myself to only a couple of vehicles. So far the 25th Vamp, the R.H.I.N.O. APC Carrier (Movie / DTC Aliens looking thing) and these two...

Cobra Moray was my favorite vehicle as a kid so when this came up for sale it was a no brainer. It is perfect in every way except it is missing the spotlight lens. I have a repro lens in place instead. However vibrant colors and tight parts. Only loose part is the left torpedo which I remember was loose on my original. Any solution for that?

Water Moccasin is the 25th version. I liked it better as the gun placement and steering vanes in the back were definitely more durable and the cockpit and overall size is slightly bigger so the figures aren't cramped.

Ships are currently manned by Lamprey's (both vintage and modern) and Vintage Copperhead.

This is on the display area above the office cabinet until the sail barge arrives next year. (Still don't know if I am keeping that.)

IMG_7553.HEIC.jpeg

Congrats on the Moray, I just completed mine this summer! One of my best friends (who is a HUGE Joe collector, his collection is insane) had several of the original spotlight lenses, so he gave one to me. He used to buy big lots of Joe parts back before interest in the line started picking up again, so he has lots of spare parts, and had held onto several of those as "trade bait".  So that one was easy. For me, the difficult part was finding an unbroken bottom half of the missile box. But I finally snagged one on eBay a couple of months ago. Now she's all complete, I just need to clean it up really good and apply a new sticker set.

As for the loose torpedo, I have the same issue. I've finally gotten it kinda wedged in there so it'll stay put, but if you barely touch it, it'll fall off. I hesitate to use any sort of adhesive to keep it in place, I don't want the plastic to get discolored.

On 12/2/2018 at 8:54 PM, followtheleader said:

One of my fav purchases. 

Black Lagoon is one of my all-time favorite figures.  That alone would have pleased me. 

Clash of the Titans with the tail is great times. 

Lastly, I'd not seen the lion in my travels.  Since learned it's from the 70s Flash Gordon series.  Absolutely love it.  

Wish I found more with this odd assortment. 

Patrick 

20181125_213029.jpg

Oh, the lion brings back such memories! When I was a little kid, my aunt gave me a bunch of the Flash Gordon figures. I had no idea who Flash Gordon was, hadn't seen the movie, etc, but I LOVED those figures, particularly Thun (the lion), beast Man and the Lizard Woman. I must have had them all, long since lost to the years. Now I'm feeling the urge to buy them all over again!

As I mentioned over in the "This Week in Your Collection" thread, this weekend I attended the Louisville Supercon, primarily to get sigs from a bunch of Batman the Animated Series folks.

I was never a huge fan of signed 8 x 10's (though I certainly have a lot of them) so a couple of years ago I started getting action figures signed. It's a fun way to combine interests in toys and autograph collecting, and makes for a nice display.

So, I brought some of my BTAS series figs and got Kevin Conroy, Loren Lester, Diane Pershing and John Glover to sign 'em. I love the colored paint pens they used, they look fantastic.

I considered getting Conroy to sign my Combat Belt Batman, but considering the prices that one is going for today, I just couldn't do it. So I brought Bruce instead.

Photo Dec 02, 10 14 03 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 02, 10 14 08 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 02, 10 14 15 PM.jpg

Photo Dec 02, 10 14 21 PM.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 11:08 AM, NamesJay said:

I really envy you guys who customize your statues. Real talent. 

I could never even think about modifying statues that I own for fear of destroying them. 

I know this is a Hot Toys figure but same same. They aren’t cheap either. 

Thanks man! Last year I made my Conan statue. I was super nervous as I never did one before. I just had to bite the bullet and go for it. I enjoy seeing a lot of the custom GI Joe sideshows. Too bad they haven't done any recently from the factory.

Anyone know why Hasbro doesn't consistently crank out the Marvel Legends figures?  Anything that isn't actively produced seems to end up going for multiples of the $20 release price even a year or two after release.  Earlier this year the Legends Wolverine was $50 until they released more.  Now my kid wants a Cyclops, and the Legends version pictured below is the absolute best I've seen.  Almost every Legends figure I've seen from the past few years is absolutely awesome and this one is no exception.  But you can't get it for less than $50 despite it just coming out two years ago at $20!  :makepoint:

MLScyclops-9.jpg