• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,315 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Got seven new figures in yesterday, with the Marvel Legends Studios 10th anniversary Iron Man Mark 7 figure as my favorite.  The detailing and paint on it are spectacular, and the air flaps on the back are really cool, although I'm sure my son will break them before the month is up.  :pullhair:  I'm thinking about getting a Hot Toys Iron Man, and this was just a prelude to that.

Also got the entire first wave of Legends vintage figures pictured second below.  I mostly got it for the Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Black Widow, but since the full set is $60 at BigBadToyStore and I couldn't find the individual figures on eBay for less than $25-$30 apiece, it was cheaper to get them all.  Didn't think I'd like the vintage Iron Man, but I grew to like it quite a lot after opening it.  The Captain America's face sculpt is horrible, really hate that.  Punisher is meh, I hate the vintage suit.

Marvel-Legends-MCU-10th-Anniversary-Iron

Vintage-Wave-1-header.jpg

Yeah, i also picked up the vintage set from BBTS for $60. The Wolvie and Spider-Man alone will set you back that much on the secondary market, so for the price it's hard to beat. I like the vintage waves because they employ creative re-use of parts and repaints to give us classic characters. The second wave is really snazzy, I need to pick it up. Looking forward to the X-Men vintage wave this year.

9 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Really love the look of the upcoming Kingpin build-a-figure.  It's the first one I've ever seen that gets the original comic scale right, although I doubt any human could have a skeletal frame like his and weigh only 450.  He's supposed to be 6' 7" and 450 pounds, but Mark Jackson's brother Escalade was 6' 8" and 500 pounds and didn't look anywhere near that wide, and Andre the Giant was 6' 10" and 550 pounds and also didn't have limbs as wide as Kingpin's are often depicted.

nebz1xq2cjb11.jpg

It's also cool that the upcoming Professor X figure set (with the wheelchair) also includes a Shadow King head that you can use on the Kingpin body. I think it's great that they give us new character options with these simple little bits.

44 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Toy mall pickup. They had some decently priced stuff, but I wasn't wanting to spend much, so I just picked this one up cheap, as I've always liked it. No Cover Girl and no tow cable (of course) but for the price I was pleased.

IMG_6069.JPG

Wish I could hit up that mall. 

I like the toy too. Simple and awesome.  

I did always think it was funny that they'd have the person exposed out of the top. 

Patrick

14 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Wish I could hit up that mall. 

I like the toy too. Simple and awesome.  

I did always think it was funny that they'd have the person exposed out of the top. 

Patrick

As antique/toy malls go, it's a pretty good one. I try to get out there once a month or so. 

Yeah, maybe not the best plan for keeping the driver safe, but at least it's not as bad as the Armadillo, where the guy stands on the BACK of the tank. He's a sitting duck!

On 1/11/2019 at 4:31 PM, F For Fake said:

Looking forward to the X-Men vintage wave this year.

Can't wait to hear what the lineup will be.  There are a number of characters that I don't like most of the current versions of that I'd like to see new versions for, particularly Nightcrawler, Storm, and Magneto.

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Can't wait to hear what the lineup will be.  There are a number of characters that I don't like most of the current versions of that I'd like to see new versions for, particularly Nightcrawler, Storm, and Magneto.

Yeah, we desperately need a Nightcrawler, he's way overdue.

14 minutes ago, F For Fake said:
2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Yeah, we desperately need a Nightcrawler, he's way overdue.

The Toybiz version of Nightcrawler isn't at all bad, and if he's not part of the first classic wave I'll probably get him.  Hasbro's latest molds are the best ever, but I wish they'd do hand and foot articulation like Toybiz did.  Nightcrawler having an articulated back foot on the figure below is impressive.

Toy-Biz-Marvel-Legends-Galactus-Series-9

I can't handle mohawk Storm; I'd prefer one with the original suit and hair, that's what I'm hoping for in the classic wave.  The problem is that they usually only include sculpts that already exist for those waves and I'm not sure they'd be able to implement the ring on her waist without a new sculpt of some kind.  I generally like the 2004 Toybiz Storm aside from the bushy hair, but I can't believe they included protruding nipples in the sculpt!  doh!  My daughter asked for a Storm for Christmas, and Rachel saw this one and was disgusted by it.

Storm06.jpg

I LOVE the Marvel Select Storm, but I've always been bummed that they strayed from the standard 1:12 scale and went with whatever scale it is they use, 1:11 or whatever.  She looks like she's 7' 2" next to all of my 1:12 figures.  This is the kind of sculpt I'm hoping for with the classic wave, but I'm not sure they're willing to sculpt the ring like Diamond did.

Storm+04.JPG

Venom/Funko goodness. I wasn't going to go for the Venomized characters until I saw a friend's display; the Venomized Iron Man & Ghost Rider present very well. My personal favorites of the lot are the Spirit Spider (Ghost Rider + Spider Man) & half-mask Anti-Venom also look good.

I'd like to see some of the other symbiote characters, or Venomized versions get the Funko Pop treatment. Scream, Scorn, Mania, Agent Toxin (Eddie Brock), Newborn, She-Venom, Poison, and/or Earth-X Venom.

Funko.jpg

21 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I think Magneto is a given. It'd be a super-easy repaint of the most recent Magneto from the latest X-Men Legends series, the ANAD one. 

2 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

I think Magneto is a given. It'd be a super-easy repaint of the most recent Magneto from the latest X-Men Legends series, the ANAD one. 

That'd be great.  I wanted that figure but just wasn't attached to the costume.  The effects are pretty dumb too.  Really wish Hasbro would develop some kind of beam effect.  Even the ones that come with the Revoltech Magneto are better and seem fun in that they're actual magnets.