• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,261 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Wow, had no idea that existed.  Looks awesome!  :applause:  How much do those run?

They fluctuate quite a bit.  Complete - typically between $100 to $150. 

The snakes are often missing.  Quite a few of them. 

Box adds ~$50.

Patrick

In all of my years of collecting I've NEVER been this frustrated trying to collect a line. Seriously, it's like I've gone mad and am chasing a ghost, as there's just no info about these figs out there, and certainly no online listings in stores or even auctions. And it's a reasonably popular property too, which makes it even more daft! 

I'm talking about Mattel's line of 6 inch Halo figures. Wave 3 is a total ghost line, and I desperately want them, specifically the ODST. But nope, nothing. While I get they're probably not coming to Australia, I'm used to that, and these aren't even getting US listings. 

I've seriously never seen anything like it. They've been sighted at US K-Mart, and I think that's it. Please, some retailer, take my money! 

11 hours ago, rabidwolf said:

Anyone been picking up the G1 transformers reissues at Walmart 

I think I posted it in here a month or so ago, but I picked up a couple of Hot Rods when they knocked them down to $12. I'd like to pick up a Starscream but I'm not paying nearly $40 for it.

14 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

In all of my years of collecting I've NEVER been this frustrated trying to collect a line. Seriously, it's like I've gone mad and am chasing a ghost, as there's just no info about these figs out there, and certainly no online listings in stores or even auctions. And it's a reasonably popular property too, which makes it even more daft! 

I'm talking about Mattel's line of 6 inch Halo figures. Wave 3 is a total ghost line, and I desperately want them, specifically the ODST. But nope, nothing. While I get they're probably not coming to Australia, I'm used to that, and these aren't even getting US listings. 

I've seriously never seen anything like it. They've been sighted at US K-Mart, and I think that's it. Please, some retailer, take my money! 

I thought McFarlane Toys had the Halo figures?  I'll need to look these up...

33 minutes ago, Yorick said:

I thought McFarlane Toys had the Halo figures?  I'll need to look these up...

Not anymore, the license transferred to Mattel circa 2016. So far product has been sparse, with only 3 waves released (and like I said, wave 3 is a complete ghost). The figures are quite nice, with far better articulation than ever seen in DCUC (although I love DCUC) but severely lacking in paint. There's more paint than you think, but they end up looking really underpainted, which is a shame. All the armour is removable, which can be good or bad, depending on the individual parts' tolerances, but you can always just glue it to the figure if it bothers you that much. 

I REALLY want the ODST from wave 3, but like I said, that's proving impossible. 

On 1/17/2019 at 10:44 PM, rabidwolf said:

Anyone been picking up the G1 transformers reissues at Walmart 

Picked up a Hot Rod and left it in the packaging to toss in the cabinet... but that was it.  I think the prices on these were a little steep to be honest. 

14 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Picked up a Hot Rod and left it in the packaging to toss in the cabinet... but that was it.  I think the prices on these were a little steep to be honest. 

I tend to agree. 

Biggest problem for me is that the display was pathetic.  To me, they either needed to be all-in or not at all. 

A person could easily have walked past their location and not have known. Too mixed in with the modern TFs and a minuscule selection of characters. 

Patrick

23 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Bought one of these in a past show (this is not mine, need to unpack it).

I'd not a huge D&D toy collector, but thought this was killer. 

Note to buyers, gift sets are a pretty safe bet for 80s toys and earlier.  Just didn't make near as many as the non-gift sets. 

Mine was opened, but fortunate to pay a solid price. 

The saddle is pretty funny because they sculpted War Duke's legs into the sides.  

Patrick

s-l1600.jpg

Because nothing says "Evil" like a gift set.  I was a lucky recipient of said set back in the day.  Great find!

On 1/18/2019 at 7:08 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Not anymore, the license transferred to Mattel circa 2016. So far product has been sparse, with only 3 waves released (and like I said, wave 3 is a complete ghost). The figures are quite nice, with far better articulation than ever seen in DCUC (although I love DCUC) but severely lacking in paint. There's more paint than you think, but they end up looking really underpainted, which is a shame. All the armour is removable, which can be good or bad, depending on the individual parts' tolerances, but you can always just glue it to the figure if it bothers you that much. 

I REALLY want the ODST from wave 3, but like I said, that's proving impossible. 

On 1/18/2019 at 3:30 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Not sure the wave or what you have in Australia but ive seen these halo figs in walmarts in the movie sections.its where the funko pops are.

16 hours ago, srezvan said:

Anyone know where to get action figure stands for the 1990s ToyBiz X-Men? I have a bunch of GI Joe stands, but the Joe foot holes are smaller than X-Men foot holes. On eBay, I only see larger stands for Marvel Legends, and I don't know if they fit. Thanks.

I wonder if Super Powers stands would work?  They're about the same scale.

On 1/20/2019 at 4:03 PM, cortown71 said:

Not sure the wave or what you have in Australia but ive seen these halo figs in walmarts in the movie sections.its where the funko pops are.

That's good to know, if not a possibly slightly weird place to put them. I imagine that's just old product, though I'd love to be wrong. These things are seriously ghosts. Take the ODST, for example, from wave 3. First sightings in September, no idea when it supposedly reached saturation, but I imagine October is a reasonable guess. I can't find ANY listings for it. Not a single store even has a listing in any shape or form. None. The only proof of its existence that wasn't a forum or Reddit post (totalling 5 photos total at best, iirc) was, as of about 4 days ago, a single eBay listing, with the seller listing it for 5 times US retail. That's it. 

Decent sized franchise, the second largest toy company there is (Hasbro have kept number one spot, haven't they?), and there's just this blank static reverberating through the internet tubes. 

Craziness. 

Ok, if Im gonna start collecting G1 Transformers, in their boxes w/bubble inserts what do I need to know first?

Already keen on watching out for the repros and the Zgong Jin knockoffs....what else is key when it comes to collecting the G1s in their original boxes?

The first thought i had was how can I tell a repro bubble vs an original? 

Is there any sort of standard percentage on values for MIBs vs complete bot with box (with all parts but no bubble)?

On 1/18/2019 at 11:58 PM, followtheleader said:

I tend to agree. 

Biggest problem for me is that the display was pathetic.  To me, they either needed to be all-in or not at all. 

A person could easily have walked past their location and not have known. Too mixed in with the modern TFs and a minuscule selection of characters. 

Patrick

The other thing I wish they would have done is matched the quality/calibration to the original molds, packaging etc. similar to MOTU. When I got my hands on those remakes at Toys R Us it was literally like taking a time machine back to the 80s as the remake run looked so similar.

Revealed at London Toy Fair 

Do you think they create an empty box chase variant to represent the no show / cancelled concerts?

https://toywiz.com/funko-pop-rocks-morrissey-vinyl-figure/

50527307_2193278844074619_3825441295107620864_n.png

Edited by Buzzetta