• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,261 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

So... Mafex or Revoltech Wolverine? 

Dunno.  I like the looks of the Revoltech better, but you really cannot judge figures without having them in hand to see how solid they are and how fun the articulation is.  Still waiting on video reviews for the Mafex to see it in action.

10 minutes ago, Dave2739 said:

Spidey and Colossus should give The Thing and Juggernaut some privacy :nyah:

:grin:  Yea, posing that Marvel Select Juggernaut is tough.  He stands up well--at one point with that setup I had Colossus hanging from one arm and Spidey from another--but whereas most Legends figures weigh about 1/3 of a pound, he weighs about 2 pounds.  I really love that about him because the weight makes it really feel like he should demolish any other character, but it means that while posing when he falls it's a big cracking boom on my glass shelves.  :eek:  So I tend to pose him standing up or laying down and in-between poses are tough.

6 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Dunno.  I like the looks of the Revoltech better, but you really cannot judge figures without having them in hand to see how solid they are and how fun the articulation is.  Still waiting on video reviews for the Mafex to see it in action.

I don't think I actually own any Mafex figures? I own a heap of Revoltechs, and love them all, so I'm leaning towards the Revoltech at this stage. If they do more Animated Series style Mafex, like say a Cyclops, though? All bets are off. 

2 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I wish they would do a Jetfire

They legally can't, as they no longer own the mold, unfortunately. 

15 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Well I finally got my MOSPEADA VR-052F In after my preorder kept getting pushed back. I must say it is pretty amazing. Also probably the most I’ve spent on a single figure. Looks great with my G1 Jetfire And Robotech New Generation book I had graded last year. I can’t wait to transform it later. I borrowed the other pics from online. 

BEF214C1-388F-4294-8D8D-861D346B3AE6.jpeg

5C85CD48-A95B-4D70-9FC2-C3FEA3DCABED.jpeg

AA87ECE0-9CF3-40F5-8232-3591C6C9AABC.jpeg

Congrats and nice display. 

The Barge is coming... 

Final production images and it starts shipping in a couple of weeks. 

I still have no idea where I am putting it. 

http://rebelscum.com/story/front/Hasbro_Official_Promo_Photograpy_Of_The_Vintage_Collection_Jabbas_Sail_Barge_182949.asp

20 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Well I finally got my MOSPEADA VR-052F In after my preorder kept getting pushed back. I must say it is pretty amazing. Also probably the most I’ve spent on a single figure. Looks great with my G1 Jetfire And Robotech New Generation book I had graded last year. I can’t wait to transform it later. I borrowed the other pics from online. 

BEF214C1-388F-4294-8D8D-861D346B3AE6.jpeg

5C85CD48-A95B-4D70-9FC2-C3FEA3DCABED.jpeg

AA87ECE0-9CF3-40F5-8232-3591C6C9AABC.jpeg

Dude!  Wow!  Love it!!!

On 1/25/2019 at 2:24 PM, Buzzetta said:

The Barge is coming... 

Final production images and it starts shipping in a couple of weeks. 

I still have no idea where I am putting it. 

http://rebelscum.com/story/front/Hasbro_Official_Promo_Photograpy_Of_The_Vintage_Collection_Jabbas_Sail_Barge_182949.asp

It would be cool if it came with some tentacles you could stick into your sandbox to play the role of the Sarlac...

Bought this a couple years ago in Portland.

Love the piece, especially with the box.

It's hardcore heavy. 

Toy manufacturer secured it in the package via a screw that went thru the bottom of the package and into the car.  Don't see that often. 

The Rubber Tire bragging kind of cracks me up. 

Patrick

20190126_182650.jpg

Tonight is Rum night and just wanted to share a quick story that came up recently.

I want to say it was winter/early spring of 1996.  I attended one of the larger collectible toy themed conventions on the East coast.  It was nearing the end of a very long day. I had amassed a large haul of what would eventually amount to the comic equivalent of 90's drek in the form of POTF orange card Star Wars, etc. I actually would end up blowing a decent amount of coin at this show.

So remember that large deluxe set of Han/Luke in stormtrooper disguise? You could actually not really find it much in toy stores in real time. I had that put aside for me for $50 plus a bunch of other c r a p for what would amount to close to $200. So as I am walking out I head in a direction that I did not scope out and run across a table with the absolute most insane gorgeous mint sealed pre-rub Megatron. Just sitting there and looking at me. I ask the vendor how much is he looking for that. He says $150 and its yours.....

I actually paused. I picked it up ever so carefully and looked it over. I contemplated and recalled how much fun I had about a decade ago with TFs. Absolutely my fav run of all-time. I seriously paused at the possibility but then like i d i o t thought wow think of all the other stuff I could buy with that instead of just getting one thing.

So I did not buy it.

Fast forward less than a decade later. That Megs got slabbed an AFA 90  and sold for $20K. I think present day it would fetch double that. Oh well. At least I got that Han/Luke set that I could probably not even get $20 for now :tonofbricks: