• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,261 posts in this topic

Just now, Broke as a Joke said:

I have been collecting the masterpiece transformers for years now, but nothing beats the old packaging.  For an 80's kid, it's nostalgia at its finest.

I believe that we will eventually see modern day transformers packaged in retro boxes the same way they do with Star Wars figures.   Forget about reissuing the same molds. I am talking about a dinobot like last year's versions, utilizing modern engineering sold in a box similar to the 1980's box with an exact front but totally different back. 

9 hours ago, MMCKEE1217 said:

I have a ton of MASK toys- some day I would love to complete the set, but Bolder Hill is the only thing I really think I will pick up. My dad and I went to Toys R Us just when the line was ending and found a few of the Split Seconds line, but some of them are extremely pricey now.

Bolder Hill is one of those "the one that got away" stories.

We were given one as a gift by a family friend.  

My folks decided that I was getting too old for toys and oddly didn't pass down to my younger brother.  

It sat in a closest perfectly sealed for a year.  Of course, I asked to open it a number of times to no avail. 

Like most of us experienced, good ole' garage sale days came around and it sold for $5.  

It's one of the few "big" toys that I still don't have. 

I always wonder how people kept toys sealed for so long.  Guess that's a super light example.   

Patrick

7 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Yay, welcome aboard, it's all downhill from now! Blitzwing is great, I loved that one as a kid. Great piece and a great start!

I almost enjoy seeing other people happy with their purchase as much as finding my own.  

Almost.  Great piece for display. 

Patrick

22 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I am thinking of jumping in over there. 

But I will state my beliefs here first. 

Concerning the barge: It was per order.  They made them to order.  If you did not have $500 + tax last year to order the barge don't cry now that someone is charging too much for one.  It is not my job to be a lending tree for you to front the money for the barge so you can pay me for it in installments at a price you want to pay.  If I sell the piece it will be at a high premium to justify locking up $543 of my money for over a year. 

This leads me to my next thing. 

I am tired of hearing about what someone says FMV is. You want it you pay my price.  If you don't think the price is fair then I will either lower it or I will wait until someone comes along that wants to buy it at that price.  I have set a few records on GPA in the last few months with that concept.

This leads me to my next thing. 

You are owed nothing in this life. I am owed nothing in this life.  At the end of the day comics are nothing more than reprints of artwork on newsprint.  Toys are nothing more than plastic items meant for kids that will eventually decompose.  You and I will eventually decompose.  Either way we are owed nothing.  If you want it, you work for it. If you don't have the means to get it then you are never getting it.  Get over yourself and deal with it or find another hobby. 

I could sell all of my AF15's and the rest of my collection and still, I will never own a Tec 27. I will also never own a Cap 1, Marvel 1, Action 1 or plenty of other books in any decent condition.  That's just the way it is.  I am okay with that. You know why?  Because there is so much other cool stuff that I have.  I concentrate on the cool stuff I have rather than the never ending search for stuff I don't.

I am going to print this and put it on my door.  :golfclap:

23 minutes ago, Yorick said:

I am going to print this and put it on my door.  :golfclap:

4 minutes ago, Parabellum said:

That should have been a passage in the Bible.  Hahahahaha!

Thanks, I was not sure how that was going to be received. 

On 3/6/2019 at 7:00 PM, Buzzetta said:

Received shipping notification yesterday... the barge is on it's way. I have the option to get it diverted to a walgreens or punishing my parents in having to lug it into their house until I can pick it up after work.  I don't think I want them putting it in their sedan and driving it to my house.  My understanding is that there is a little bit of weight and also it is awkward to move.   Remember kids it has to be signed for. 

As of now... Mom and Pops are going to have a big barge in their living room. 

😂😂😂😂😂

I also picked up a Jabba Sail Barge from a toy show. The game is complete. Also picked up Lord Helmet (I'm told it's a replica from the same mold as the toy from the movie; either way, it's a cheap and cool piece); 3 TMNT bootlegs; and a really cool Willow monster with a hairy back.

20190309_155755.thumb.jpg.b1fa5507ae20910b5ee21cef73cae529.jpg

20190309_155733.thumb.jpg.ca3af322838fcdf0f5709f7ae4de3fd4.jpg

20190309_153624.thumb.jpg.bf950a68d94e15bd41b262d2624c070c.jpg

20190309_154035.thumb.jpg.b739b9a693aeeb88b9df6b84eb3305b4.jpg

20190309_160520.thumb.jpg.9759466261e98e1615ab85dd9a52d448.jpg

Edited by srezvan

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Sooooooo picked this up.  Mom called and goes, "Your box arrived.  It's in the garage. Get it out of my house." 

lol 

It currently resides in the guest room in the basement.  It can hang out there for a few months until I figure out what to do with it. 

Later on they took a walk over over as we live nearby and wanted to see where I was putting the thing... 

IMG_9746.jpeg

IMG_9749.jpeg

That is awesome! 

was just looking at some noice mid-80s GI Joe figures MOC, and had yalls warnings in the back of my head and then I saw this.... 

is this why some of you have sworn off GIJoe?

20190310_155913.thumb.jpg.4bfd90bfb8c781eadd578ca25b582551.jpg

20190310_155947.thumb.jpg.837113af6dcaf3793125643f8cd1d846.jpg

looks like the fella is without an o ring ?(or whatever its called that keep his legs attached to his torso) all in a nice minty MOC listing...

21 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

was just looking at some noice mid-80s GI Joe figures MOC, and had yalls warnings in the back of my head and then I saw this.... 

is this why some of you have sworn off GIJoe?

20190310_155913.thumb.jpg.4bfd90bfb8c781eadd578ca25b582551.jpg

20190310_155947.thumb.jpg.837113af6dcaf3793125643f8cd1d846.jpg

looks like the fella is without an o ring ?(or whatever its called that keep his legs attached to his torso) all in a nice minty MOC listing...

Pretty much. Those O-rings disintegrate over time. I still have some MOC but sold my collection several years ago when a Straight arm Snake eyes lost his oring in the bubble. Back then though people didn't seem to care as much.

17 minutes ago, PKJ said:

Pretty much. Those O-rings disintegrate over time. I still have some MOC but sold my collection several years ago when a Straight arm Snake eyes lost his oring in the bubble. Back then though people didn't seem to care as much.

Yup... I would not touch a MOC Joe... you are eventually going to take a bath in it. I have one that I have had since I was a kid because I never opened it but that is it. 

13 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Yup... I would not touch a MOC Joe... you are eventually going to take a bath in it. I have one that I have had since I was a kid because I never opened it but that is it. 

Yeah wanted to add something 80s Joe to my little collection... think I'll be adding a vehicle instead of a figure!

1 minute ago, miraclemet said:

Yeah wanted to add something 80s Joe to my little collection... think I'll be adding a vehicle instead of a figure!

on top of that idea... keep in mind that some modern vehicles have been improved upon as far as durability and safety features so they don't break or snap off. 

A perfect example is the Eaglehawk (Renamed Tomahawk) over the 80's Tomahawk.

The blades are designed to pop off rather than break, the windshield and some other parts are designed with more durability. 

The modern day Sting Raider (Water Moccasin) is a complete remold and actually slightly bigger than its 84 Counterpart so that figures are not squished, a torpedo slides out rather than drops off (easily lost piece) and the inner well of the turret is enclosed from the rest of the frame of the boat so that weapons are not lost in the hull. 

I have both vehicles and there has been a reason in my constant buying and selling off when I get bored that I still keep them.  The modern Water Moccasin is above me on a shelf as I speak. 

Check out this review... 

http://generalsjoes.com/reviews/2008/anniversary/Vehicles/stingraider.html