• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, whisp said:

88 Storm Shadow is notorious for it.  I have had tons of them and its a common issue.

Well thats feebay for ya.  When people also include the shipping into it they think to themselves is it worth it.  I just bought a bunch of lots and with my already inventory and stuff i got and what I had completed started listing on facebook which I find is a better place to sell and the communities are more tight nit.  I am on the Canadian ones and over last two weeks made over $400 in sales plus lots of trades and completed a bunch of figures myself.

As you can see love my Joe stuff.  I just picked up a #129 of the original 155 and completed that run today.  :)  Pics below is all my extra stuff.  Moon Knight was my side hobby lol.

lol don't show me those pics. There was something in there I raised an eyebrow at and went hm... I should get one.

I offered everything on the FB group first.  Not a single sale except people saying that they would paypal me immediately if I accepted a lower price.  I jacked the prices up and they have been selling fairly well on eBay where even considering the fees I was making more than full ask on Facebook. 

You just reminded me though... there is something I need to look for on eBay for my modern figs. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

lol don't show me those pics. There was something in there I raised an eyebrow at and went hm... I should get one.

I offered everything on the FB group first.  Not a single sale except people saying that they would paypal me immediately if I accepted a lower price.  I jacked the prices up and they have been selling fairly well on eBay where even considering the fees I was making more than full ask on Facebook. 

You just reminded me though... there is something I need to look for on eBay for my modern figs. 

lol

7 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

It's a race it really is.  Keep it and store it for a little while more risking that they decompose and break and are worthless or sell them off now and make less of a profit than what I would six months from now.  I am comfortable selling now.  I have had a flood of lowball offers come in today due to the 15% off eBay coupon and requests to break up certain Lots of figures.  For example, I have two crisp crimson guards that I will only sell bundled with Tomax and Xamot. 

I have not noticed any cracked elbows on the 88' Stormshadow.  My brother and I each have our original samples of that figure from when we are kids.  My home stores his 'stuff' in one of the storage rooms in my basement.  I went to check. Alley Vipers from 1989 seem to be a problem though.  

89 Alley Viper is horrible with the cracked elbows.

I'll have to check my carded figure.   Don't think it is damaged. 

Patrick

On 3/11/2019 at 8:09 PM, Buzzetta said:

Paging @comicwiz

I am tempted to pick one of these up but my brain is telling me to wait and see what appears in the retro line. It's exactly how I would have envisioned it. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/REAL-NICE-CUSTOM-Han-Stormtrooper-POTF-17-Like-Luke-1985-Vintage-Star-Wars-READ/312521059744?hash=item48c3b4eda0:g:sQUAAOSwtOZcXMzq

Snakeriverman has a bad rap for selling repro stuff. I have dealt with him in the past, and before he began going full fledged repro. I'm mixed on stuff like this because it's a custom. I've seen these come up from time to time in FB groups,  but I don't have a good handle on what something like this should be worth. If you decide to pursue it, maybe ask what he used for the torso, and helmet. These also came with a black Imperial blaster, doubtful any of these are from the POTF Luke, as the helmet alone could run you quite a bit of money, then the blaster. If you do go the route of communicating with him, I'd be interested to hear what he says. My transactions with him were fairly seamless, although I did have one where I had to get on him to complete his end when he sent me a figure missing a weapon. 

I need to figure out what the heck Space Venom even is.  He looks interesting, but I don't know a single thing about him.  I'm guessing it's some new person the symbiote bonded with but I have no idea who.

4 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I need to figure out what the heck Space Venom even is.  He looks interesting, but I don't know a single thing about him.  I'm guessing it's some new person the symbiote bonded with but I have no idea who.

Ha, that was my same reaction: "What the hell is a Space Venom? And why do I want one now?"

@Buzzetta I must retract my previous statement of these being customs, as the majority of the Han is repro. Frankly, I would assume Han's head is repro also since it's much easier to repro than boil and pop, and search for beaters. He is apparently buying these from a UK seller on feeBay who has been pushing these as repro. The seller is chriss365, and paugildin-6 is his brother-in-law. There has been very recent discussion over how this seller has been connected to a flooding of reproduction weapons referred to as the "Saltburn" repros, named after the UK town where they originated.

Edited by comicwiz

5 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Ha, that was my same reaction: "What the hell is a Space Venom? And why do I want one now?"

I forget how the story went but i think its Guardians of the galaxy related. The figure is awesome Next to Sandman i think it's one of the best marvel legends BAFs

2 hours ago, Shadow Images said:

There right here

Cant you see them:devil:

Not really. I have one Time Traveler. It was $100.00 from Fleebay in some kinda CGC case kinda thing (PSA? Forgot the grade Maybe 8?). I ripped it out of that and opened the "card" and played with it and it immediately snapped at the hip. I still love looking at the card and put back together with tape toy. I have it in my closet so I see it everyday when I get ready for work. Brings back wonderful memories. 

Edited by NoMan

I’ve had a terrible time trying to locate these, but finally had some luck last night.  I’ve been to 4 different Target stores multiple times for each location this week.  I wish I could figure out when the toys are restocked.  Is it at a regular interval or just whenever items arrive?  I don’t know anyone that works there so I can’t slip a friend a $20 and have them keep an eye out unfortunately.  

FE6BF319-2736-486D-B714-889CA13598DE.jpeg

2 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I’ve had a terrible time trying to locate these, but finally had some luck last night.  I’ve been to 4 different Target stores multiple times for each location this week.  I wish I could figure out when the toys are restocked.  Is it at a regular interval or just whenever items arrive?  I don’t know anyone that works there so I can’t slip a friend a $20 and have them keep an eye out unfortunately.  

Make a friend at Target. It's easy: "I want toys. Here's 100$. Call me the second there's new toys. There's more money where that came from. Now where's the Starbucks/pizza part of the store."  All my friends I met at Target.

If you live in Los Angeles there is an exhibit about the history of Japanese toys (Robots and Godzilla and stuff) at the Japanese American National Museum in Little Tokyo. Ends 3/24/19.

Edited by NoMan

16 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Make a friend at Target. It's easy: "I want toys. Here's 100$. Call me the second there's new toys. There's more money where that came from. Now where's the Starbucks/pizza part of the store."  All my friends I met at Target.

If you live in Los Angeles there is an exhibit about the history of Japanese toys (Robots and Godzilla and stuff) at the Japanese American National Museum in Little Tokyo. Ends 3/24/19.

I’ll definitely do that!  Cash always works, haha.  

I live in Ohio.  But that exhibit sounds amazing.

14 hours ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I saw two Donatello/Krang packs at a Target today, and those are the only ones I've run across so far. Thought about picking them up, but at $52 I passed. I don't care enough about TMNT to be in over $200 for a set of these, especially if it's going to be a real pain to get them all. But if I walk into a Target one day and see all four sets, I might talk myself into it.

Fun toy day today.

First up, the cheap stuff.

Walgreens Marvel Legends sale still going on, so I went ahead and picked up a couple of figures I'd been putting off. Medusa isn't great but will display well with Blackbolt, and the Surfer figure is really nice. For $13.99 I was satisfied.

A month or so ago I picked up several DC Direct Golden Age JSA figures, and today the bargain collection keeps rolling with addition of modern Hourman, Dr Midnite and Mister Terrific, picked up on clearance at my LCS for $6 a pop. They'd been sitting on the shelf for a few months at $10. At $6, I decided to jump. Stay tuned to see how my cheapass JSA collection grows. Riveting stuff, I'm sure.

Last up, Hot Toys concept Wonder Woman. I haven't bought a Hot Toys figure in a while (I think Ripley was the last I'd picked up) but I'd been wanting a Gal Gadot figure for a while. The mix of GG and the comic inspired color palette was enough to break me. The seamless body gives me some concern, but at this moment it looks terrific.

photo mar 17, 12 25 45 am.jpg

photo mar 17, 12 26 45 am.jpg

photo mar 17, 12 28 52 am.jpg

photo mar 17, 12 38 41 am.jpg

photo mar 17, 12 38 46 am.jpg

photo mar 17, 12 39 41 am.jpg

6 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Ok fellas. I promised more Nightforce and here it is. I completed my Night Striker sans a couple orange barrels. I did buy a lot of parts but luckily the hard to find ones were there. 

34A9E436-D138-45A3-A4B3-8D7171CAD3CB.jpeg

88D897AB-A82D-483F-81C5-FA9AE765A89B.jpeg

1AE41639-DD8F-44BE-B2EE-245DD3B8CA89.jpeg

CDCB02D0-363B-4A77-B384-61793BDE7F37.jpeg

5876DAAA-8467-4F3C-92C5-A63A46651E4B.jpeg

E00C21B0-B868-48C6-9839-06CE892068D2.jpeg

ED1C7BD1-72AA-497F-B7E0-0EE2CE2E348F.jpeg

When Hasbro rebooted the classic line with modern tech they redid the Water Moccasin (you already know my love for the 2008 update), the Tomahawk, Sky Hawk and even redid the classic Vamp despite the molds for the 82' version still being around and 'out there'.  They gave us a completely new Skystriker despite it having one seat.

I was so hoping that we would have gotten an updated hovercraft. I just looked at the Moccasin and the fan vanes are so much more durable than the 84 version. I know they could have worked wonders with a vehicle like this.  I think part of the problem was the shelf space as back then (ten years ago) they were packaging the vehicles in an already put together form.  This would have commanded a lot of shelf space. 

You are killing me though, I saw this on IG and said, "One day I really gotta get me one of those." 

Nice setup.