• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Ok fellas. I promised more Nightforce and here it is. I completed my Night Striker sans a couple orange barrels. I did buy a lot of parts but luckily the hard to find ones were there. 

34A9E436-D138-45A3-A4B3-8D7171CAD3CB.jpeg

88D897AB-A82D-483F-81C5-FA9AE765A89B.jpeg

1AE41639-DD8F-44BE-B2EE-245DD3B8CA89.jpeg

CDCB02D0-363B-4A77-B384-61793BDE7F37.jpeg

5876DAAA-8467-4F3C-92C5-A63A46651E4B.jpeg

E00C21B0-B868-48C6-9839-06CE892068D2.jpeg

ED1C7BD1-72AA-497F-B7E0-0EE2CE2E348F.jpeg

Just too awesome, man. Lovely set up.

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

When Hasbro rebooted the classic line with modern tech they redid the Water Moccasin (you already know my love for the 2008 update), the Tomahawk, Sky Hawk and even redid the classic Vamp despite the molds for the 82' version still being around and 'out there'.  They gave us a completely new Skystriker despite it having one seat.

I was so hoping that we would have gotten an updated hovercraft. I just looked at the Moccasin and the fan vanes are so much more durable than the 84 version. I know they could have worked wonders with a vehicle like this.  I think part of the problem was the shelf space as back then (ten years ago) they were packaging the vehicles in an already put together form.  This would have commanded a lot of shelf space. 

You are killing me though, I saw this on IG and said, "One day I really gotta get me one of those." 

Nice setup. 

Thanks man! I love all the reboots. I still need a Moccasin. It really is too bad they never did one for the Whale/Striker. Even the 95 unreleased Sea Wolf (Which is going to be my next project) looked like it was going to be the same. It boggles my mind they chose those vanes that easily split apart.

When I was working on the Night Shade I noticed how difficult the pieces were and I can see why the 2008 release was already put together. A somewhat completed whale box would be huge

Hey everyone, shot in the dark idea, but there is seemingly enough of an interest on these boards to hold a virtual toy con (VTC). Same as the VCC held here except it would be exclusive to toys and toy related comics (i.e. transformer, shogun, mask, voltron comics, etc.). I thought I'd throw the idea out there, maybe if there's enough interest, @FlyingDonut @sckao could speak to the practicality of the idea. I would see a benefit to dealing with people on the boards, and I've got a few things I could post in a pinch if an event of this kind would happen in the future. I hosted something like this on RS back in 2012 and it was well received - the big difference is that it was only Star Wars, whereas I could see greater potential for an event that isn't focused on any one particular franchise or toy line.

The bargain JSA saga continues! Oddly enough, found this Wildcat at HPB today while trying to find something on which to spend my 50% off coupon. $15 seemed about right. What's next? Sandman at the Goodwill? The Atom at a swap meet? Stay tuned!

IMG_6924.JPG

IMG_6925.JPG

1 hour ago, comicwiz said:

Hey everyone, shot in the dark idea, but there is seemingly enough of an interest on these boards to hold a virtual toy con (VTC). Same as the VCC held here except it would be exclusive to toys and toy related comics (i.e. transformer, shogun, mask, voltron comics, etc.). I thought I'd throw the idea out there, maybe if there's enough interest, @FlyingDonut @sckao could speak to the practicality of the idea. I would see a benefit to dealing with people on the boards, and I've got a few things I could post in a pinch if an event of this kind would happen in the future. I hosted something like this on RS back in 2012 and it was well received - the big difference is that it was only Star Wars, whereas I could see greater potential for an event that isn't focused on any one particular franchise or toy line.

I would definitely be shopping... don't know about selling... I wouldn't want to pull things off eBay to set up a store. 

3 hours ago, comicwiz said:

I think @DeadOne is really driving the VCC these days but it seems to be a shadow of what it once was unfortunately. (Which is probably to be expected given the cyclical/entropic nature of things.) I'm sure you could use the VCC hall for that or hold it in a separate VTC hall thread at the same time as the VCC.

On 3/17/2019 at 12:57 AM, F For Fake said:

photo mar 17, 12 25 45 am.jpg

I've been to 15 to 20 Walgreens in my area and NEVER saw Silver Surfer or Thing once so that's a great pickup!  :applause:  The way Walgreens distributes figures to stores seems to be more random than anything.  I've seen 50+ Medusas, Magiks, and Namors though.  I have Medusa, and the main thing they needed to have done was make her hair articulated in some minor way, or at the very least a softer plastic that would bend a bit.  Making it stiff and super-heavy means you can really only do one thing with it--use it to prop her up so that her heavy hair doesn't tip her backwards.  The paint job is spectacular though, particularly her hair, it has a great red sheen to it, and the purples of the suit blend really well with it.

My $13.99 Walgreens sale pickups have been Mystique, Valkyrie, Angela, Magik, and Sub-Mariner.  I didn't think I'd like Sub-Mariner, but I do, the sculpt is really spectacular.  I still like Angela the best of that group, just an amazing sculpt and paint job on her.  The figure reviewer Anthony's Customs made it his 2017 Marvel Legends figure of the year, and I'm not at all surprised.

GE64ToAPHuCkJ7BfcMjOnpopCFeLYzyWP5K2blY1_veoVQJxbV-w7gWYP9G-UhdaQ-0hlKX0kElxSjVVkf47Y-0enF-Y3z8VD15K1FsAjvDEpUCEVFQzBcqKohrpXFaDX3ihQCUPYclIdpClDlWFVFQiD6korBx02Lr0eFcrz6f7JTgZoRAOX-8IE-iffWb2kcGIkxKzjylk0MTTxAUgIo5bSn6RxSleWRR0EhA9sE0ZHToRuFiR7qJLSARw3VxZERHlfPInHgN_IOCRPy24HhcKXyEBvUwD60vyfegTUJha_zLqlzpYficIGousYftl77yXxeprtwRczF8ZA7Ek9siKqYo_gmIiOeVq2pACLCDP65pYIQl3iJHIVdOIHQ2e9S8gqcoHeZBj_ypwLlWayicmHRv67LoxwJwyuDiSmV4KYwByvd3ub5QbxiOfdup_7t1jjduzv-leErHx5Dc4mgsXJm6nskDFhUDqBfq7kDu9gT94AkpG8L47wChK5YkIqwAVYz0Gss5dR-0AJkxbgGR4d94tSM9dpJrj2P9Knmjdrmu5GVP6pdNaVF_5j7FhuPDemb59LrkvPdMCS2by-cGYrWbP-e7nQb6HSsV0gEstF2FVWG3MgfKXgGzxBFoqQBbugw6Io7EzQLla7ndthUjbzNHhm5sBMb-MOilns1QPrLOqdoKxYuuYoPOTgKMyp-Bh_bzFACYQgQUMTb0_j9sf0Q=w4032-h3024-no qwW6ndriGkUI8Cv2kJDzDSwKjALngnxeqluMDRewBfbxll7-4kJUi3eeqqhzaMhLU6IwmFHKLPnOA2GVl8jWCPvWgzi0M6vS2PEqRiwC3qpQNyc8rFxw2bjUUSgwAlo2CCpkHuof7_Kh2fXadNEyt87TadXS6On98NBjjNzoi58R_xxF8oYApAzGDIMYUCntQq4JWl4Wa5rSMGZXgzZqsvgB2-EkoK3YmrwfxhmEt7qizDW6wiAhF3Th0nTbiyDPj_sBDIWjTAzdjvPZn9L9TWfHJAdbAhBI4O6a3DOkt8ZcqeFznUl-gkZum52PmCEhUnD-MroJiOG0X6BepoXndQpR1JbbdTcy7CyEF8GTulPpxyjxCWwepHFrDbHUv2T9jDrtTm0vwD_5mTvUf2mnvQvToxIqD-j4QPNfE-gkLK7n0LFcptSaJf0AEjywtKqxnS-EbkoslBVqG8jr5IU5ePVf0dn8bzcCDIagEyj8Br9n5XgBf3_zAXWhRbCGRbJM7fcDC1JH-tBSKLR9mlrVZfLDtI_beZqn--FQNfg-BNdEFlDjIVfRpFsPM-8rk5RKjrM7Hd9GAJGvaZfYjKrSt48vbtvJOlQ2BpyYHhaBkLPwtynNyH9tK7pNesFzd9d2w9WnWido9f6Lx7e3DdhHI89dX3HagJUcYijn0j1pLWmPVyTCnBnbE69MjmHXjFIsEkvAbQVWYr4145mGW979iKdHqA=w1134-h851-no

Edited by fantastic_four

3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I've been to 15 to 20 Walgreens in my area and NEVER saw Silver Surfer or Thing once so that's a great pickup!  :applause:  The way Walgreens distributes figures to stores seems to be more random than anything.  I've seen 50+ Medusas, Magiks, and Namors though.  I have Medusa, and the main thing they needed to have done was make her hair articulated in some minor way, or at the very least a softer plastic that would bend a bit.  Making it stiff and super-heavy means you can really only do one thing with it--use it to prop her up so that her heavy hair doesn't tip her backwards.  The paint job is spectacular though, particularly her hair, it has a great red sheen to it, and the purples of the suit blend really well with it.

My $13.99 Walgreens sale pickups have been Mystique, Valkyrie, Angela, Magik, and Sub-Mariner.  I didn't think I'd like Sub-Mariner, but I do, the sculpt is really spectacular.  I still like Angela the best of that group, just an amazing sculpt and paint job on her.  The figure reviewer Anthony's Customs made it his 2017 Marvel Legends figure of the year, and I'm not at all surprised.

GE64ToAPHuCkJ7BfcMjOnpopCFeLYzyWP5K2blY1_veoVQJxbV-w7gWYP9G-UhdaQ-0hlKX0kElxSjVVkf47Y-0enF-Y3z8VD15K1FsAjvDEpUCEVFQzBcqKohrpXFaDX3ihQCUPYclIdpClDlWFVFQiD6korBx02Lr0eFcrz6f7JTgZoRAOX-8IE-iffWb2kcGIkxKzjylk0MTTxAUgIo5bSn6RxSleWRR0EhA9sE0ZHToRuFiR7qJLSARw3VxZERHlfPInHgN_IOCRPy24HhcKXyEBvUwD60vyfegTUJha_zLqlzpYficIGousYftl77yXxeprtwRczF8ZA7Ek9siKqYo_gmIiOeVq2pACLCDP65pYIQl3iJHIVdOIHQ2e9S8gqcoHeZBj_ypwLlWayicmHRv67LoxwJwyuDiSmV4KYwByvd3ub5QbxiOfdup_7t1jjduzv-leErHx5Dc4mgsXJm6nskDFhUDqBfq7kDu9gT94AkpG8L47wChK5YkIqwAVYz0Gss5dR-0AJkxbgGR4d94tSM9dpJrj2P9Knmjdrmu5GVP6pdNaVF_5j7FhuPDemb59LrkvPdMCS2by-cGYrWbP-e7nQb6HSsV0gEstF2FVWG3MgfKXgGzxBFoqQBbugw6Io7EzQLla7ndthUjbzNHhm5sBMb-MOilns1QPrLOqdoKxYuuYoPOTgKMyp-Bh_bzFACYQgQUMTb0_j9sf0Q=w4032-h3024-no qwW6ndriGkUI8Cv2kJDzDSwKjALngnxeqluMDRewBfbxll7-4kJUi3eeqqhzaMhLU6IwmFHKLPnOA2GVl8jWCPvWgzi0M6vS2PEqRiwC3qpQNyc8rFxw2bjUUSgwAlo2CCpkHuof7_Kh2fXadNEyt87TadXS6On98NBjjNzoi58R_xxF8oYApAzGDIMYUCntQq4JWl4Wa5rSMGZXgzZqsvgB2-EkoK3YmrwfxhmEt7qizDW6wiAhF3Th0nTbiyDPj_sBDIWjTAzdjvPZn9L9TWfHJAdbAhBI4O6a3DOkt8ZcqeFznUl-gkZum52PmCEhUnD-MroJiOG0X6BepoXndQpR1JbbdTcy7CyEF8GTulPpxyjxCWwepHFrDbHUv2T9jDrtTm0vwD_5mTvUf2mnvQvToxIqD-j4QPNfE-gkLK7n0LFcptSaJf0AEjywtKqxnS-EbkoslBVqG8jr5IU5ePVf0dn8bzcCDIagEyj8Br9n5XgBf3_zAXWhRbCGRbJM7fcDC1JH-tBSKLR9mlrVZfLDtI_beZqn--FQNfg-BNdEFlDjIVfRpFsPM-8rk5RKjrM7Hd9GAJGvaZfYjKrSt48vbtvJOlQ2BpyYHhaBkLPwtynNyH9tK7pNesFzd9d2w9WnWido9f6Lx7e3DdhHI89dX3HagJUcYijn0j1pLWmPVyTCnBnbE69MjmHXjFIsEkvAbQVWYr4145mGW979iKdHqA=w1134-h851-no

That's funny, I've run into a bunch of Surfers around here, but I have yet to see a Mystique! (Or The Thing, for that matter.) I did finally find a couple of Mr Fantastics a few months ago. And yeah, Magik and Namor are still warming the shelves around here. And Yellow Daredevil and Ant-Man too. How long ago did DD come out? Two or three years? He's still readily available around here. The Punishers and Invisible Women finally dried up, I guess that's something.

I agree 100% on Medusa's hair. I really expected either articulation, or bendy with a wire, or SOMETHING, you know? The Angela seems like a nice figure but I've passed on her as I don't know much about the character. I tend to stick with the classic versions of the characters I grew up with.  I've also been seeing a lot of the Spider-man wave with Jackal, Gwenpool, etc but I don't care anything about those characters. Considered picking up Cloak, and may go back for him, especially if I can find a Dagger too.

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

The Angela seems like a nice figure but I've passed on her as I don't know much about the character.

I knew her from Spawn in the early 90s.  Neil Gaiman and Todd McFarlane co-created her in 1993, much later sued each other for her rights, and Gaimon won, sold her rights to Marvel, and Marvel introduced her as the sister of Thor and Loki.  She first appeared in Spawn #9.

spawn-9-cgc-9.8-signature-series-signed-todd-mcfarlane-first-angela-image-comic-book-15893-p.jpg

Edited by fantastic_four

Oh, and the Angela figure is somewhat unique in that in 2015 Hasbro ran a poll for fans to vote from a list of characters that they most wanted to see turned into a figure, and the fans chose Angela.

http://marveltoynews.com/marvel-legends-angela-figure-wins-fans-choice-poll/

Not sure how many times Hasbro has done fan voting to determine a figure to create.  Here's the full list of characters fans voted on; in the last few years they've done a number of the names on this list after they did Angela.

• Angela
  • Black Nova
  • Symbiote Spider-Man
  • Borr
  • Cosmo the Space Dog
  • Darkhawk
  • The Disir
  • Executioner
  • Lady Sif
  • Lyra
  • Malekith
  • Mysterio
  • Nebula
  • Quasar
  • The Hood
  • Ulik

48 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I knew her from Spawn in the early 90s.  Neil Gaiman and Todd McFarlane co-created her in 1993, much later sued each other for her rights, and Gaimon won, sold her rights to Marvel, and Marvel introduced her as the sister of Thor and Loki.  She first appeared in Spawn #9.

spawn-9-cgc-9.8-signature-series-signed-todd-mcfarlane-first-angela-image-comic-book-15893-p.jpg

Yeah, I recall the character from Spawn, and was aware of how she ended up with Marvel, but since I haven't kept up with Marvel for some time, I wasn't sure how she fit into the Marvel Universe. Cool looking figure for sure, but without that nostalgic connection, it's still a pass for me.

Hasbro to release the Barge worldwide and continue to pump them out to order... with all the perks that we received in the preorder except for the initial booklet that shipped beforehand...

Anyone else NOT see that coming?  I kind of didn't lol 

Listing reserved on eBay for the Hasbro Pulse eBay Store..  https://www.ebay.com/i/153416099225

Edited by Buzzetta

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Hasbro to release the Barge worldwide and continue to pump them out to order... with all the perks that we received in the preorder except for the initial booklet that shipped beforehand...

Anyone else NOT see that coming?  I kind of didn't lol 

Listing reserved on eBay for the Hasbro Pulse eBay Store..  https://www.ebay.com/i/153416099225

I presume eBay prices are now plunging?

22 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I presume eBay prices are now plunging?

Somewhat... they might sell out.  Who knows?  Right now it is still on the bed in the guest room lol 

I will not be disappointed to keep it.  I just have too much going on to unpack it.  

3 hours ago, DTM700 said:

I frequent this thread a lot for entertainment and nostalgia; it really brings me back to childhood. So after a couple of leftover Irish refreshments, I dug up a few of my childhood toys that survived garage sales, donations, and physical abuse. Pretty sure I have the ewok village around somewhere because I found a bunch of the rails, net, and ladders. Here are most of my Star Wars and Joes. Enjoy!

IMG_8400.JPG

IMG_8403.JPG

IMG_8399.JPG

IMG_8398.JPG

IMG_8406.JPG

IMG_8404.JPG

Nice overall selection. 

Definitely one thing that I'll never own again - actual toys i had as a child.  BUMMER

I see a Brazil Leatherneck in there.  Any other Brazils? 

Patrick

32 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Nice overall selection. 

Definitely one thing that I'll never own again - actual toys i had as a child.  BUMMER

I see a Brazil Leatherneck in there.  Any other Brazils? 

Patrick

Thanks. Dial Tone may be a Brazil mission. Top row third in from the right. The joe I miss the most is the original Tunnel Rat and his huge friggin backpack. Traded him long ago as a kid. 

Edited by DTM700