• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,325 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, 707comics said:

w/ UV upgrade, notes and cleaning = ~$150 before shipping).

Are the notes and cleaning the equivalent to "pressing" in the comic world?

Are these things that you can do yourself and not get a "restored"?

I really am not sure... :shy:

23 hours ago, 707comics said:

My first graded piece. I love the acrylic case .... looks great on the shelf. Only issue with it is getting a good picture (so much glare).

Anybody else have any graded pieces?

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

Very nice!

I bought the majority of a case of the original turtles a few years back.  Really good price. 

Ended up selling the majority, but still have a few.  

Love the pieces. 

Patrick

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Are the notes and cleaning the equivalent to "pressing" in the comic world?

Are these things that you can do yourself and not get a "restored"?

I really am not sure... :shy:

From what I have read it is a "light cleaning" .... what it exactly entails I am not sure. 

17 hours ago, 707comics said:

From what I have read it is a "light cleaning" .... what it exactly entails I am not sure. 

Maybe they clean the dust off?  I have figures outside of clam-shells or bags that accumulate dust VERY fast.

4 hours ago, Yorick said:

Maybe they clean the dust off?  I have figures outside of clam-shells or bags that accumulate dust VERY fast.

I swear they must spray the figures with something that attracts dust to them lol.

51 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I just finished my version 1 Cobra Hydrofoil I was fortunate enough to get it in a lot with a Whale. It only needed a couple parts. It cleaned up pretty nice. It’s in the bottom hangar of the Flagg with the other invading Cobra

2FFEEC64-11CC-4BA8-8BFD-DDB81D92447B.jpeg

BD07AA39-B899-466E-9A8A-C7F100DB3652.jpeg

1516D9C8-E256-479C-91A0-809486E04468.jpeg

7B9F8305-17D8-48DD-9463-E528C0B7AD78.jpeg

Looks really nice! Do you make your own battle damaged brick and mortar pieces? I have done a few in the past with pink foam and it was a lot of fun. Thinking of doing a few more to be honest, just have not been able to find the time. 

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

2 hours ago, 707comics said:

Looks really nice! Do you make your own battle damaged brick and mortar pieces? I have done a few in the past with pink foam and it was a lot of fun. Thinking of doing a few more to be honest, just have not been able to find the time. 

Thanks man! The dio building with the Punisher skull is from a World Peace Keeper set they use to sell at BIG Lots. I picked it up for a couple bucks and repainted it. The scenery in the other picture I did make for my custom Flagg. I would like to get into more dio work once I finish some more projects. Those bricks you did look great!

Went to a warehouse to pick up the Marx reproductions and couldn't believe how sloppy the auction was.  One lot was described as being approx 150 1 1/2 inch tall loose  plastic knights. I'm expecting a bucket of toy soldiers and instead I find a pallet of eleven and a half inch boxed action figures. I paid less than two cents each for 150 boxes priced 14.99 to $32.99

A description said a lot was over 100 missiles launchers. Turned out they are almost 15 inches tall., with a nine inch round base.

Lastly was what I thought was an Alamo chapel. Description said there were 24 in the case  and the box was 12 inches by 10 1/2 inches. I'm thinking they are small items one sticks on a shelf. Turns out each of the 24 boxes are 12x10. The good news is I thought I paid $10 for one and got twenty four instead.

I need to rent another storage unit now. What I thought was going to be a carload   and a two hour turn around is turning into two days of work.

8 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I just finished my version 1 Cobra Hydrofoil I was fortunate enough to get it in a lot with a Whale. It only needed a couple parts. It cleaned up pretty nice. It’s in the bottom hangar of the Flagg with the other invading Cobra

Is that an original 80s SMS?  Very nice.  Have the backend? 

Love the Moray.  I picked one up at a show recently with the box for cheap.  People didn't want it because the front tabs were broken.  I didn't care because it had the box, figure, and the accessories.  And yeah, that super tough lens was there too.  

Patrick

Question - How do loose vintage Star Wars figures sell in your area? 

Here, I think they sell pretty average to poorly in comparison to other toy lines. 

If similar, why do you think that's the case?  

I definitely don't run across them in a higher frequency to other toy lines (i.e. availability).  Maybe the number of accessories?  Better condition in comparison to other toy lines?  

Or is it the high availability of MOC mean a much lower interest in loose?  

Patrick

10 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I went repro on the hydrofoil lens... It was a high quality and easily found on eBay if you are interested.   I could not justify spending the $60+ on what those little clear pieces of plastic from 1985 are commanding. 

15 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Is that an original 80s SMS?  Very nice.  Have the backend? 

Love the Moray.  I picked one up at a show recently with the box for cheap.  People didn't want it because the front tabs were broken.  I didn't care because it had the box, figure, and the accessories.  And yeah, that super tough lens was there too.  

Patrick

Good eye but its not the 80s SMS. Its the 2004 Crimson Sabotage. It came with the HISS and ASP. I dig the weathering they did on them. Congrats on the Moray. Im jealous of that lens haha. I might pick up a repro later on.

13 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I went repro on the hydrofoil lens... It was a high quality and easily found on eBay if you are interested.   I could not justify spending the $60+ on what those little clear pieces of plastic from 1985 are commanding. 

I agree. Might as well get the repro in this case. FYI I have the same problem you had with yours where one bomb keeps falling out if you just look at it too hard.

1 hour ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I agree. Might as well get the repro in this case. FYI I have the same problem you had with yours where one bomb keeps falling out if you just look at it too hard.

If I hadn't had a friend who had three extra original lenses, I would have gone the repro route. He gave me one because he didn't need it. Of course, the irony is that since it's such an expensive, hard to find, tiny, clear piece of plastic, I keep it sealed up in a baggie inside of a figure box instead of displaying it with the Moray, because I'm afraid it'll fall out and be lost forever! So I should probably buy a repro to display, and let the original sit in a box somewhere, because I'm a crazy person, I guess.

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

If I hadn't had a friend who had three extra original lenses, I would have gone the repro route. He gave me one because he didn't need it. Of course, the irony is that since it's such an expensive, hard to find, tiny, clear piece of plastic, I keep it sealed up in a baggie inside of a figure box instead of displaying it with the Moray, because I'm afraid it'll fall out and be lost forever! So I should probably buy a repro to display, and let the original sit in a box somewhere, because I'm a crazy person, I guess.

That is ironic, but you are not alone. I know of a few people that don't display the original lens.

2 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

That is ironic, but you are not alone. I know of a few people that don't display the original lens.

Oh good, glad I'm not alone in my insanity!