• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

If I ever get a fantail railing for my flagg I'll probably do the same ^^

Wasn't there a guy that was 3D printing Flagg parts? 

I know that he was printing out deck clips that were actually stronger than the originals.   I have to see what they did with the 3D printer at work.  If it isn't locked away and you get me the plans I can see what I can do.

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Wasn't there a guy that was 3D printing Flagg parts? 

I know that he was printing out deck clips that were actually stronger than the originals.   I have to see what they did with the 3D printer at work.  If it isn't locked away and you get me the plans I can see what I can do.

Thanks for the recommendation on the lens. I need to get one of those soon.

I saw some of the deck clips on ebay. I think they only sell them in a full set. I only need about 5 among other parts I need. Do you know what I really want though? Is the repro soundsystem. Cobra Island

Unfortunately I was a few months too late when I got my Flagg and they don't make them anymore. I wish they did though. My boys and I would love it. From what I hear was that Hasbro had a problem with the box art being used.

9 hours ago, F For Fake said:

If I hadn't had a friend who had three extra original lenses, I would have gone the repro route. He gave me one because he didn't need it. Of course, the irony is that since it's such an expensive, hard to find, tiny, clear piece of plastic, I keep it sealed up in a baggie inside of a figure box instead of displaying it with the Moray, because I'm afraid it'll fall out and be lost forever! So I should probably buy a repro to display, and let the original sit in a box somewhere, because I'm a crazy person, I guess.

You're doing the right thing.  Not worth losing a tough/expensive piece. 

In all honesty, I'm not sure why they thought it was necessary for kids. The spotlight was cool enough. 

Patrick

With Avengers coming out soon I guess we'll see some good Hot Toys figures. They already put a handful of them up for pre-order.

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/

I'll probably finish up the few I'm collecting here and then pass on all the rest until the new X-Men come out. If they are cool. But now that Marvel has them, I don't see why they wouldn't be.

I bet we will get another quarter scale Iron Man. Plus a quarter scale Captain America.

Ready for this week's edition of, "Why you should NEVER buy MOC GI Joes?"

I saw this posted for sale.  I would imagine that if someone had bought this pre-snap then they spent at least twice as much on it.  

s-l1600-1.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

8 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I have very few toys from my childhood. So I’m thrilled to have been able to restore this Night Raven I got from my grandmas attic a few months ago. It looks great now all polished up. This Blackbird takes up a lot of space on the Flagg and is kind of fragile so it’s up by some X-men stuff. Which is fitting.

Oh and I also made a display cabinet for my plastic crack out of an old Kenwood stereo cabinet since I couldn’t find a case that would fit. It turned out great.

0B51F9CD-560A-4D9E-A41B-15647742952B.jpeg

7EABEA89-C49E-48C5-ACA2-77CD2DEE986B.jpeg

754EEAE1-18F6-41E0-91AF-10052955A56A.jpeg

35D55AF2-DD03-4FEB-841A-72780892B350.jpeg

7C4D1E18-DB44-446C-A559-C6B1955F83DF.jpeg

EFFB17EB-4877-47BB-A04F-1EEF78CEA1BC.jpeg

788A54D8-3886-4268-B41D-79C6FDE3409C.jpeg

Is the Whale on the bottom shelf a custom?
Patrick

Picked up the new Legends Professor X last week.  Really cool figure, although the Cerebro hat seems of limited use for posing since he only uses that in the mansion to seek out mutants.

6XOU7e2trjbF7D1fV8jgw280MK490FCE237r6EZK

I’m not a big GI Joe collector but I did have a few from around 1973-1975 along with the requisite Mego Star Trek and planet of the apes and I even had a ton of Johnny West from 1972-1975.   So when I saw a Craigslist ad I had to pounce.  It’s fun trying to figure out what all I bought...

any 64-75 joe collectors here to help a guy out?

120EE374-D934-4380-8F32-CF0ACEC83BB2.jpeg

F2B4AED5-B802-4440-8ACB-EF80C0D18308.jpeg

1D75B956-396B-4BF4-AB3B-4EB2406AA102.jpeg

85AA26D2-6746-4459-BF55-E351FB77228A.jpeg

F39D386D-A897-446E-97B5-B73413AFB787.jpeg

Noticed a pic of Joes in an estate sale. Thought I will go up early and grab them, how many local toy nerds are around here.

I have to admit I was profiling the group and thought the three guys behind me are most likely here for toys, but the people in front of me were all senior citizens talking about Jade stuff I had no clue about. There was a lady about in her mid forties I did not see as competition. Door opens and mad rush. They had all the joes in the garage as you came in, I saw a shelf of vehicles and went that way. MISTAKE. The mid forties lady hooked left and grabbed all the loose joes. The three guys behind me crowded me at the shelf with the vehicles and we picked through them.

Loose lot sold for $500. I thought that was pretty steep for estate sale, but I don't think that lady even asked. I wasn't looking for the flip but was looking to upgrade some loose figures.

The vehicles were very high even incomplete, like $18 for a Water moccasin that only had the fan and a Mobat for 45. I did grab a Stinger jeep since it was very clean  although not complete and a night landing raft that had the gun and shovel for 25 for the pair.

Joe estate sale.jpg

Joe vehicles estate.jpg

Edited by PKJ

6 hours ago, PKJ said:

Noticed a pic of Joes in an estate sale. Thought I will go up early and grab them, how many local toy nerds are around here.

I have to admit I was profiling the group and thought the three guys behind me are most likely here for toys, but the people in front of me were all senior citizens talking about Jade stuff I had no clue about. There was a lady about in her mid forties I did not see as competition. Door opens and mad rush. They had all the joes in the garage as you came in, I saw a shelf of vehicles and went that way. MISTAKE. The mid forties lady hooked left and grabbed all the loose joes. The three guys behind me crowded me at the shelf with the vehicles and we picked through them.

Loose lot sold for $500. I thought that was pretty steep for estate sale, but I don't think that lady even asked. I wasn't looking for the flip but was looking to upgrade some loose figures.

The vehicles were very high even incomplete, like $18 for a Water moccasin that only had the fan and a Mobat for 45. I did grab a Stinger jeep since it was very clean  although not complete and a night landing raft that had the gun and shovel for 25 for the pair.

Joe estate sale.jpg

Joe vehicles estate.jpg

Yeah, that seems pretty dang high. 

I went to a sale with a lot of promise last weekend. Seller wasn't up for selling early and was strict about an 8AM start (which I kind of appreciated).

As I walked up, I could see familiar faces nearly jogging to beat me to the front. 

As soon as it hit 8AM, his sale was filled with people.  Nearly every person was there for the toys. 

A couple guys were filling their arms with figures and bagged items.  Shockingly, nearly everything was sold within the 1st five minutes.  

We're talking about things like trashed out Battle Cats with no accessories for $5-10 each (way too high).  Dudes in their fifties buying small bags of mini My Little Ponies that were most likely newer than vintage.  

In the end, I drove an hour and bought absolutely nothing.  

A sharp realization that the last 3 years were not a fluke, but rather a growing interest with time.  Personally decided that I'm done with procuring in that manner. 

Patrick

I know there are some G.I. Joe fans here. The overall statue topic isn't that active. But I just posted about the upcoming Pop Culture Shock Baroness statue in the G.I. Joe thread here.

Really disappointing statue for me. And I can't believe that Prime 1 Studio is not going to attempt Baroness after making Destro and Scarlett. Seems like no one can get a good group of quality G.I. Joe figures or statues released. Sideshow Collectibles couldn't release a Scarlett statue or figure. Now Prime 1 Studio does the opposite with Baroness.

Edited by GeneticNinja