• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

Just now, fantastic_four said:

I'm looking forward to that Wolverine/Hulk set.  Just wish Hasbro would do some claws for Wolverine that didn't constantly get crooked.

I don’t think you ever will.  At that size you have to decide what is worth having...

Would you rather have thin claws that may bend but will not easily break or claws that will not bend but can break easily?

i don’t think there is any other viable option that can be produced at a amazon/Walmart/target price point.

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Would you rather have thin claws that may bend but will not easily break or claws that will not bend but can break easily?

The latter, or ideally both as options.  If I could transplant the Revoltech Wolverine claws onto the Hasbro tiger stripe Wolverine from the Apocalypse wave, I'd have the best Wolverine ever.  Ideally I'd also shorten them slightly since those claws on Revoltech Wolvie would never actually retract into his arms, they're actually longer than his forearms, but other than that they're freaking perfect claws.

lMKzCBIIt0wgZOGt7Za-23jMU1F6pAOkRhxFdI9ArE7ObJcT1U6w2QMI0kY4kBYfSmmYGEyQCC-vibr_ZQEqEbrb-qoY-3BxD_5eYfB6HVsPxI6RMNakB8uOysaOtwkDE1mnfBj5i--IvJuZsZuVmm3_ZcyrG6JwTewecjXjqqM7baMe1v3SjRg8YpHokuACoEMpLTaLx_lDLt2WkRrIXYFAMhRurhUKzgMu1xi2GfkUojXQ5b-hUX8aM5SOY0LUErQno8YmWNNLV51RUDpCyi19Si5Og83vsm6Lh72pa2c5JgPSTetGjrOej7xau_83Wx0MU6YIIkpGz4MvxcvAZXeYYXcuaL3V9Oh0t5lg3S-xCEOGbo1Mn-wpSi7SDoIXuYhNw9lcBItZUJoXhI6bcujLtesp8wTpBwaAIvnE_FqfxJ7YcSetS7qmFDiyUS6Q95-8KUyt9jQxBkIEOHIJrqgEoyfRUdwQhldhZ3vKX-LTlDEUhuqEbhv38N1jkmrH0n4cicPOq155Wiw4mvh02H5JFMEKeW7Lwb_19T60hn1mRvHk2k3uptB-GHdT7GxXkQ_E4BHSR6a4fTFj-ishYSR41Q_ALi5afYxPbSbsJpjcFltYPdB2qvpKEWn6Zh1ZQ3zeaAI4BnJqSO6qrI4F4-Pjq4A_Lr6feXw5NDXmBgwKfLMhbu1TJtNQf7ppEa9PQ4w-95PCKvH9u9IK2qxPk4R_1g=w3024-h4032-no

Another Original Owner collection within 15 miles of the house. This one I will have to chip away at as it is extremely large and has nearly if not every figure from 82-90. Needed a few Straight arms so built a deal around those, but the rest are duplicates.

Same story 65 year old parent retiring and moving. Son my age said sell everything and take a vacation.

Joe collection sen.jpg

8 hours ago, Doc McCoy said:

Deposited at my house by my mom.  My younger brother apparently got tired of storing our old toys and it's been left to me to go through them all.  Also included but not pictured Smurfs, TMNT and more Transformers/Go-Bots

IMG_8749.JPG.e7c46461ef987129ae5fb9e6e2e73d4a.JPGIMG_8753.thumb.JPG.5ed9e39a26ad8d3cad72649b83d06b74.JPGIMG_8748.thumb.JPG.ca3b86b5378131c128dc0a51d8f7cfdf.JPGIMG_8750.JPG.024bfd84da1fcd9f1d6ac666786ed896.JPGIMG_8754.thumb.JPG.200b5587b7c924682f0b04515f7fdb2b.JPGIMG_8752.thumb.JPG.62a43a2d1c3fdc84d7ae8a2badf08370.JPGIMG_8751.thumb.JPG.eeb2fc4b66b5d888b2abf4cbc2da7dd5.JPG

That poor Whale has been stripped of virtually every part possible. 

Hopefully some in that red bag. 

Patrick

On 5/10/2019 at 9:32 PM, PKJ said:

Landed another original owner toy collection, I am not big into MOTU but had to buy all of it to take the Joe stuff home. Not nearly the deal the Flagg collection was but much better figure selection. He must have like He-man way more as those are worn and the Joe's are near mint. One of the best Mail Away Cobra Commanders I have seen ever. Serpentor is pretty flawless but crotch broke trying to swap o-rings so will have to repair.Had a nice full cardback stack with it.

What is interesting here is I never have seen any real qty of Joe stuff in years and in 4 weeks three  collections have came up within a few minutes from the house. In two of those the parents of my generation (Just turned 45 myself) were retiring and moving to Florida, the other the parents had passed away.

IMG_1708.JPG

I think I posted it before, but that's a good BMW and Ferrari.

Anyway, I remember getting a lot of old toys from the parents of kids who grew up during that time. But that was back in the 90s.

If ebay has a coupon during Memorial Day, I might get something cool. Depends on the discount.

8 hours ago, followtheleader said:

That poor Whale has been stripped of virtually every part possible. 

Hopefully some in that red bag. 

Patrick

@followtheleader (Patrick) from what I can tell through my cursory glance through the boxes, the majority of parts are still there.  I'm just going to have to find the time to go through it all and remember how everything fits back together.

5 hours ago, Doc McCoy said:

@followtheleader (Patrick) from what I can tell through my cursory glance through the boxes, the majority of parts are still there.  I'm just going to have to find the time to go through it all and remember how everything fits back together.

That'll be a lot of fun to go through!

As shown above got Maverick so that was final figure I needed for 1987 Battle Force 2000 and got the crotch for Deejay which still working on completing.  Was odd that they brought out a lone figure for Battle Force 2000 two years later in 89.  Also have both versions of  Blocker with visor and no visor.

battleforce2000.jpg

deejay.jpg

Edited by whisp

13 minutes ago, whisp said:

Did some trading and selling and added some items to my Joe collection.  Steeler now is back at home in his tank.  Added an other MANTA to my fleet.  Like them for display of figures.  Also completed some other figures and bought the 3rd edition guide to add to my collection.

andrewstuff.jpg

steelertank.jpg

fleetmantas.jpg

simarditems.jpg

guides.jpg

Love it, and I LOVE the MANTA. I remember mailing away for it, those 6 to 8 weeks felt like FOREVER.

3 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Love it, and I LOVE the MANTA. I remember mailing away for it, those 6 to 8 weeks felt like FOREVER.

I did the Manta mailaway as well.  Also did the 3 PAC/RATS and Cobra Commander.  Cobra Commander never arrived though.  Good ol days of flag points.

Just now, whisp said:

I did the Manta mailaway as well.  Also did the 3 PAC/RATS and Cobra Commander.  Cobra Commander never arrived though.  Good ol days of flag points.

Yes! Hooded CC, that also just about broke my spirits with the waiting. Also mailed away for Sgt Slaughter, and The Fridge, and probably some other stuff as well. It was a pain to wait that long as a kid, but the anticipation was usually better than what actually showed up in the mailbox.