• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Yes! Hooded CC, that also just about broke my spirits with the waiting. Also mailed away for Sgt Slaughter, and The Fridge, and probably some other stuff as well. It was a pain to wait that long as a kid, but the anticipation was usually better than what actually showed up in the mailbox. 

Some mailaways where longer.  Order forms where sent out one year but item not shipped to the next year.  I remember filling out a Steel Brigade one but I did something can't remember what and got grounded so it never got sent in an d ripped up in front of me.  That could have been a gold head grrrr lol

6 hours ago, Doc McCoy said:

@followtheleader (Patrick) from what I can tell through my cursory glance through the boxes, the majority of parts are still there.  I'm just going to have to find the time to go through it all and remember how everything fits back together.

The Whale is a beast of a vehicle to find all the parts. Be careful with the fan vanes when you come across them.

5 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

The Whale is a beast of a vehicle to find all the parts. Be careful with the fan vanes when you come across them.

Or... we need to find a digital file. :wishluck:

14 hours ago, Doc McCoy said:

@followtheleader (Patrick) from what I can tell through my cursory glance through the boxes, the majority of parts are still there.  I'm just going to have to find the time to go through it all and remember how everything fits back together.

If you run into questions, message me.  I'll do my best to help. 

Patrick

Picked up all seven figures from last year's Marvel Legends Lizard run for super-cheap on eBay.  Just the Lizard and Mysterio from it usually go for $70 and $35, but I got all of it for $80.  I was half-expecting to get scammed somehow due to the price being half what it normally is, but it shipped quickly and appears legit.  Not sure I'll keep any aside from those two, but either way it's all good.  Mysterio is very nice, but WOW, as both a Spidey and a dinosaur fan, the Lizard freaking rocks.  I had read multiple negative reviews about the leg articulation, but I mostly don't mind it.  Several of the reviewers particularly didn't like that the legs don't completely straighten--you can see in the third pic below where he's holding Black Cat that they don't straighten any more than you see there--but I'm fine with a hunched-over Lizard, it's a stylistic choice, not a functional one, and lots of species of reptiles and dinosaurs have legs like that.  You can tell from the head and shoulder posture that the sculptor just had a hunched-over appearance in mind, and he is fully poseable in a ground-running stance as well as shown in the second pic.  I liked how McFarlane's depiction of Lizard made him far more lizard and dinosaur-like, and this one goes even further in a way I really, REALLY love.  I also just appreciate the huge innovation in the sculpt...there's no other figure that's this dramatically different from all the others and that has ENTIRELY new posing options like this one does.  SUPER-fun figure!  Plus he's got nice weight and huge hands, so it's easy to pose him with a standard-sized figure suspended in the air in a large variety of ways.

Marvel_Legends_Spider-Man_Wave_BAF_Lizard__60536.1525327366.1280.1280.jpg?c=2  X756sYxU-oxAqdbkijuPJF7Jn6IY99-zajlDZ5HeFI7CNC726jNgvkAeauyGC34hI_THp47SofjTmgbcrU6tJXKWSZMpD9MqAZVLGrsiUZ4aBZgYaaEcy2_G8K7132VKveM_Xe2osm5SnfZZ5HAOatJOgEyPWBieCD8CLVAFQHmXsc67WSVk884XJpS8unVBqgZQ0zPwcUM8AEyxVk7qiC-tPCpbfNjtXgLxsQxFlzlIXGCMFaKw5lbSi7XSRtPpQzEDh7841xiAX9bXjUYMGeQf4DPGnyNrN_OKSQmHCC8-glLT6ARi0zH7-vHuuh0cOly4OTI34ur2tE35Fm6qHZ_WsF3kdn8eErBfChuOqshTQJ_qsP0rYPZVZUhhfKmEedwZOqTTBfjhkyMry0HZVIUMxyLPWBIbmKH78mRCcxOi5gKb7NoL91hVy5f5-TZRY-nyct4jsmwF30TJZ-z6mHp6Tw4xjGOxLUMUVF3uTtvtz78kxJHjTW_VET9zBQZbkrhNJ-rdAsbQfVmfkM6uZrUDQ93w3Mi8z4pCPr1KgTI0nsaHXMuxwkbFSQbp0bJ6-ZBYEM45PIy7a026yufpPTs8RXy1rEfEQhD9Kgufl7r4Q1560ncsJ5nJkAVhCUuMgsLjX1btgXN3v1LddzuRzdTEL-YMaDvPmNZLNCcelFY7hrl79elkowGOUdWpAKHCMQqrBW3T64dmBp0pCcDdD8M1mg=w4032-h3024-no  lBNALe_mJlB9KLEje0eXB8RuDHB3kAivV_Sy8BTyMq1Hys471MfZI0hurD-4cQJUxUiDKshRNY8dXDIoZQOeqXvdMrnXEusyTMU4qgxMBIpvp0Pd7CQqo2hsSQB7n7udHrKDlYUOJSrkVmq-Zjm0xabrxQSrBKmwHhda9JCpThAzVMbrHlKZBqOOaTE1Czguf15dfbpPtwT9KahRk6kKtoRg0n3KHlnYjSVfYLQBCOi5F9SOFTWZSJoWqktOcK-TjfnSR7aVqVdft2sp4b9AYr1Ajch2JFHfJwNyCekLqaAvUYv9UwWo-oiw-XddJVePI15HlKXzl5PnHFGbY2cYbZOMUaDga7oJFVFb9BZyBHy7T7i6Zrs323WzuVvUvTvfXy8wRwZlzXGl2yjI2I7K_09OfHDUUMBUk4U7Seq8XtdS_7-cJaj3PyHvRk_fETC2ZmAU7QH2CtPPlUAvxcly8SX8aXz6TfnrC1Dk2G7TRMhocXY-ffABQ8HlqI8VDZL8MaVg-tnjCXH8yJ4ZglvHsb4pfawPkxV9Byp00SmI9HrflUQJbWRWVC2ZrqBcgKjj46z3OG0shrEdupUsPanpF1nagdKVdh-Wfe_cWGTUNdGE0lzQqoo40bUGqpOlmHOH_1K-lfTIGpV-rjgYWveFV5CwcACv_EeDPbT_xO2pTeNmePmIpR27N4DM1mK60bCIa7J1VADiaYmq7RJ_req6MQujzA=w4032-h3024-no

18 hours ago, miraclemet said:

Landed a few insectacons over the last week that had great original boxes with them. Got some repro inserts and just finished putting them all together...20190516_225435.thumb.jpg.ac8669663560f12fd03200fb38127a98.jpg20190516_225450.thumb.jpg.53a8fb8f0934cef8fed46eac2d2a079b.jpg20190516_225502.thumb.jpg.16770ee5e24a4ce5313ec6c1ec761e1c.jpg20190516_225510.thumb.jpg.1642e4e2d6fafab37641217880296f43.jpg

Stunning box condition! Great grab!

When your friend asks what you are up to and you take a pic of a comic that you forgot you owned and he sees everything in the background and says, "What con are you at?"

Then you reply, "I'm in my basement."

You realize that you need to do an instant 'weeding' 

lol 

7 hours ago, Bird said:

Here’s a photo from the auction I went to yesterday with the G.I. Joe’s this was all one man’s collection You can only see half of the room really in the photo 

D0224DCF-E307-4BAE-A1EA-D038BD6071DF.jpeg

Never got there... I saw some pics in a FB group from others who went. What was the bidding like?  Did you take anything home? What were the prices like?  Some of the customs were interesting. 

15 hours ago, Bird said:

Here’s a photo from the auction I went to yesterday with the G.I. Joe’s this was all one man’s collection You can only see half of the room really in the photo 

What's his story?  Was he there, and if so, why's he selling all at once?  I assume he's dead if it's ALL for sale.

9 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Never got there... I saw some pics in a FB group from others who went. What was the bidding like?  Did you take anything home? What were the prices like?  Some of the customs were interesting. 

I was not interested in these things so I do not know what the bidding was like. I popped in from the other room and got a Deadpool one:12 figure but that is all. I do not know why he sold but he was not there that I know of.

A few people were ogling this. The bin on the right was getting talk too. I think I heard someone say "the microphones are rarely included so this is awesome" or something like that.

D7AyU7LXYAIQC-H.jpg

Love all the Joe stuff you guys are sharing. I wish they had an auction like that near me!!

Some of my most recent pickups. I have been after the Tamiya kit for years (it's un-started and all parts are factory bagged inside) .... can't believe the prices the R/C Tamiya stuff commands now-a-days.

IMG_2815.JPG

IMG_2817.JPG

IMG_2818.JPG

IMG_2820.JPG

IMG_2822.JPG

Edited by 707comics

4 hours ago, 707comics said:

Love all the Joe stuff you guys are sharing. I wish they had an auction like that near me!!

Some of my most recent pickups. I have been after the Tamiya kit for years (it's un-started and all parts are factory bagged inside) .... can't believe the prices the R/C Tamiya stuff commands now-a-days.

IMG_2815.JPG

IMG_2817.JPG

IMG_2818.JPG

IMG_2820.JPG

IMG_2822.JPG

That Senna McLaren though, He was to me the best ever, I still remember watching the Imola race like it was yesterday.

18 hours ago, PKJ said:

Got a call from the guy I bought the last group of Joe's saying, we found some more bad guys if you want them.

I think I will, yes.

Joe Sen2.jpg

Holy cats, I bet you did! Six Fireflies???? Nice job!