• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,261 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Very cool. I need an Ice Viper and might as well get a snow serpent while I'm at it lol

You can never have too many!

11 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I picked up a few things on Saturday. The Sharcs were just shells but the Cobra Wolf and Whirlwind were in nice shape. 

14D7E567-8669-4992-8575-697F527A6A54.jpeg

32DBA377-73C0-4C16-9EE8-BE4758B6B149.jpeg

E557A391-A04E-413E-9CCE-5F439F86DAA4.jpeg

Robotix toy isn't something I was aware of. Did you put it together? Pic?
Patrick

5 hours ago, comicwiz said:

My son and I recently added an unproduced Mego Magna Heroes Batman (1979) to his Batman figural preproduction collection. We had been after a 70's era piece for quite some time now to complete the collection and someone answered a WTB ad a few weeks back, and it turns out they have another piece I'm interested in, but the person isn't prepared to sell that one just yet. The Magna Heroes were intended to be produced for the US market, and this is one of only a few samples that exist (unfortunately no longer attached to the card, but frankly I didn't have room for a carded example in the display anyway). The head, arms and legs are all attached by magnets. The figure is amazingly well constructed and it really is a shame it wasn't produced for the US retail market. We seem to have the 80's, 90's and 2000's well-represented, and are quickly running out of space as you will see in the photo, however we are still looking for pre-80's fgural Batman prototypes, particularly 60's and 70's prototypes, so please keep us in mind (and feel free to contact me by PM) if you happen to have any to sell.  Thanks!

IMG_20190521_1814011.jpg

IMG_20190513_1745136.jpg

I had the magna heroes Batman as a kid, and have been looking ever since for a nice one at a price I want to pay. SOOO much nostalgia in that one for me. As always, love the collection!

4 hours ago, Ares said:

Just picked up this vintage Luke Skywalker in a local Toronto Auction for $20

Not the double Telescope as I wished but still not a bad deal

skywalker.jpg

@Ares what is the country of origin (COO) stamp on the back of the leg say?

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

I had the magna heroes Batman as a kid, and have been looking ever since for a nice one at a price I want to pay. SOOO much nostalgia in that one for me. As always, love the collection!

Thanks! :foryou:

Did you live in Europe? These were only released in Europe as Superoi Magnetici (in Italy) and Super Heros Magnetiques (in France). The packaging art on the boxes for those Euro releases were pretty awesome.

Mego also had a diecast Batman which was released worldwide - that had a fabric cape, and is designed/constructed differently.

This unproduced Magna Heroes limbs and head have a metal ball on the ends, are removable, and are held together by the force of a magnet that is inserted into the torso.

Edited by comicwiz

6 hours ago, Ares said:

Just picked up this vintage Luke Skywalker in a local Toronto Auction for $20

Not the double Telescope as I wished but still not a bad deal

skywalker.jpg

That is actually pretty cheap for what one normally goes for in such nice condition.  The whiteness looks fresh out of the package.  Make sure it is not stamped with the 1995 date as they had created new molds from the vintage figures back in 95 due to the POTF2 figures not fitting in the reissued Falcon.  I have seen a few people try to pass off the 95 Luke, Vader, Solo and Chewbacca off as original vintage.  As I write this, I also have to point out that the new reissued 'retro' figures are also new molds of the vintage figures in that design but have Hasbro 2018 - 2019? stamps on them. 

6 hours ago, comicwiz said:

@Ares what is the country of origin (COO) stamp on the back of the leg say?

From What I can see with a magnifying glass Cause my eye sight sucks it says

1977 Hong Kong

10 hours ago, Ares said:

From What I can see with a magnifying glass Cause my eye sight sucks it says

1977 Hong Kong

You should be fine then, good score!

As @Buzzetta mentioned, the 1995 Classic Edition 4-Pack rereleased Luke along with Vader, Chewie and Solo. If I recall correctly, one leg is marked Kenner China, the other leg says 1995 LFL. They are actually slightly smaller as well. They do appear in auction lots, often not disclosed properly as being a reissued figure.

3 hours ago, comicwiz said:

As @Buzzetta mentioned, the 1995 Classic Edition 4-Pack rereleased Luke along with Vader, Chewie and Solo. If I recall correctly, one leg is marked Kenner China, the other leg says 1995 LFL. They are actually slightly smaller as well. They do appear in auction lots, often not disclosed properly as being a reissued figure.

How would one get it graded an by whom?

The ones on the left and right are “kit bashes” I just finished.  I modified his M16A2 on the middle figure for a more accurate version of his weapon with the scope on top of the carrying handle.  I also changed the number to “13” on the scuba version cause he’s “Golgo 13”.

D80CEA89-28F7-4B97-A5CF-7AEE9AF94BD3.jpeg

Edited by Parabellum

10 hours ago, comicwiz said:

Didn't see that you had answered him first.  Sorry.   

I was at a local flea market last summer and a guy had figures and he was trying to pass off once of these as an original at the original price.   I always look at date stamps when I see these things.  In a few years from now I I tend to agree with you that the waters will continue to get get muddy as more of those that are unfamiliar with the lines won't necessarily look for those types of things when purchasing loose samples. 

Side note though, I eventually plan on picking up a 95' remake as well as the 2019 retro remakes to compare with the originals that I still have.  I would like to see a side by side by side comparison. 

10 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Didn't see that you had answered him first.  Sorry.   

I was at a local flea market last summer and a guy had figures and he was trying to pass off once of these as an original at the original price.   I always look at date stamps when I see these things.  In a few years from now I I tend to agree with you that the waters will continue to get get muddy as more of those that are unfamiliar with the lines won't necessarily look for those types of things when purchasing loose samples. 

Side note though, I eventually plan on picking up a 95' remake as well as the 2019 retro remakes to compare with the originals that I still have.  I would like to see a side by side by side comparison. 

No worries @Buzzetta - btw: I have a classic 4-pack that I picked-up in a collection years ago. When you're ready, PM me if you still haven't found one..

18 hours ago, comicwiz said:

No worries @Buzzetta - btw: I have a classic 4-pack that I picked-up in a collection years ago. When you're ready, PM me if you still haven't found one..

I will definitely keep that in mind.  I've slowed down the buying this year and upped the selling.  When I get a chance I will tell you what I am currently selling things for... nothing glamorous but I am doing something for the sheer principle of it. Right now I have about $2100 to go until I am at my $10,000 goal. 

Edited by Buzzetta