• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,261 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I did a local trade for a transformer and marvel legends. I’m stoked to add masterpiece Thundercracker to my collection. I can’t believe I got 3 of these MP seekers this last month. Now I just need Acid Storm and Starscream to finish the hasbro releases. 

Also I finished my custom Skywolf rattler to go with my Seawolf

60E0DE88-8B94-41EB-BBA5-076048E2E57F.jpeg

ADD633CC-328A-4811-B73F-F18B0B0B8EC5.jpeg

5D609B45-2CE2-4894-A215-4F08B14D9C0D.jpeg

I am starting to feel the need to start a gi joe and transformers collection.  Awesome stuff here. 

2 hours ago, wolverine180 said:

I am starting to feel the need to start a gi joe and transformers collection.  Awesome stuff here. 

Thanks man! Those are my 2 favorite toylines. The best thing about toys is you can start off on the small stuff and it still ties in to bigger things 

1 hour ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Thanks man! Those are my 2 favorite toylines. The best thing about toys is you can start off on the small stuff and it still ties in to bigger things 

Very true.  I think i am going to start with some of my favorites from my childhood and see how it goes. Is there a good website/forum like this, that i could brush up on for joes and transformers? I know there are a ton of knock offs now a days. Thanks for any direction. 

28 minutes ago, wolverine180 said:

Very true.  I think i am going to start with some of my favorites from my childhood and see how it goes. Is there a good website/forum like this, that i could brush up on for joes and transformers? I know there are a ton of knock offs now a days. Thanks for any direction. 

HISSTANK is a good website for Joes. 

That Hasbro Thundercracker is actually the only MP Seeker I have in my collection (not counting various 3rd party versions). TC is one of my all-time fave TFs, and I REALLY dislike the MP mold in both it's MP3 and MP11 variants, so just having him is absolutely fine for me. I always figured they'd do a more accurate version somewhere along the line, and I'm perfectly happy to wait for that day to come. 

On 5/26/2019 at 8:56 PM, wolverine180 said:

yojoe.com is an other resource.  It has the WHOBIT for figuring out accessories and also have all the Joes shown.  For in hand data the Ultimate Guide to GI Joe by Mark Bellomo is a great resource and a must have.

2 minutes ago, whisp said:

yojoe.com is an other resource.  It has the WHOBIT for figuring out accessories and also have all the Joes shown.  For in hand data the Ultimate Guide to GI Joe by Mark Bellomo is a great resource and a must have.

Thank you kindly for the info and sites. I will surely check them out. 

On 5/27/2019 at 10:48 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

That Hasbro Thundercracker is actually the only MP Seeker I have in my collection (not counting various 3rd party versions). TC is one of my all-time fave TFs, and I REALLY dislike the MP mold in both it's MP3 and MP11 variants, so just having him is absolutely fine for me. I always figured they'd do a more accurate version somewhere along the line, and I'm perfectly happy to wait for that day to come. 

Its crazy that thing is 10 years old now. I've heard some of the complaints about the seeker mold too. Im sure there will be a new one eventually but I imagine the price will be higher. MP10 Optimus is a big improvement over MP1 but MP44 costs 4 times as much

14 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Awesome man! I cant believe you let them sit for that long. It must have felt like forever waiting for toyhax once you were ready @F For Fake

Yeah, I brought the collection home back in October, but the holidays were busy and I had other stuff to deal with, and it just seemed like it was going to be such a big job sorting, cleaning, selling stuff, etc that I just put it off forever. Plus I bought a comic collection somewhere in there that I also had to deal with selling.

So, the first weekend of March Madness, I knew I had nothing to do except watch basketball for four days, so I used that stretch to get the collection sorted, match up the weapons, start cleaning, etc. Then I started selling off the stuff that was broken or that I didn't want, and the once all of that wrapped, I've been slowly cleaning and completing stuff. Taking my time with it. And yeah, it takes a couple of weeks for the Toyhax stickers to get here from Canada, but I didn't mind, clearly I wasn't in a hurry at this point ha ha

Anyway, the big reveal coming up very soon!

33 minutes ago, PKJ said:

The Flagg had to leave the living room so starting to re arrange the toy/comic room which is quickly turning into the Gi Joe room.

IMG_2067.JPG

IMG_2069.JPG

You on the facebook group for 1980-1994 figures ? 

53 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

You on the facebook group for 1980-1994 figures ? 

Yes just joined a few weeks ago. Had stopped using Facebook but found those groups much easier to buy sell on than anywhere else.

22 hours ago, PKJ said:

Yes just joined a few weeks ago. Had stopped using Facebook but found those groups much easier to buy sell on than anywhere else.

I keep telling myself i need to get on facebook.

The flagg looks great in there! I cant wait to see how it fills up with the rest of the Joe and MOTU stuff.

19 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

And mine again.  

This was the last Transformer I ever bought as a kid and I had sold it sometime in the early 2000's.  I am not trying to rebuy everything I once had but I always wanted this one back.  I had hoped for a faithful remake one day but once I saw that the actual Transformer was going to be released in a new modern mold with Omega Supreme this August, I realized that I would never see this base.  So... I've had a few of these on watch on eBay.  

Here is where things get interesting. 

One sample that I had been watching on eBay had excellent stickers (even Countdown's hubcap stickers are present) and was advertised for $100 but it was missing the double laser cannon.  I saw that the double laser cannon could be purchased as a single part from a separate seller.  I was on the fence.  Then, I get a notification from eBay when they had the eBay bucks incentive that the price went down to $89.99. I bought it right then and there and ordered the part from the other vendor.  Upon receiving both packages on the same day, I open Countdown and his rocket base and transform it. What pops out... "the missing piece."   Woohoo ! Complete countdown with extra double laser cannon.  It has found a current home next to the printer. 

I thought about messaging the seller but I DID think I had to buy the missing piece and actually did.

Side note... I was able to remove the white paint on the brick face of the fireplace.  Might need to do a slight blackwash to get them to blend in with the rest. 

IMG_1247.jpeg

IMG_1249.jpeg

IMG_1250.jpeg

IMG_1251.jpeg

IMG_1252.jpeg

IMG_1266.jpeg

Wow, that is just terrific. As I said before, I had been avoiding the Micromaster stuff, but you may have set off a dangerous nagging in my brain. Too cool!

8 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I keep telling myself i need to get on facebook.

The flagg looks great in there! I cant wait to see how it fills up with the rest of the Joe and MOTU stuff.

I got to say I have got more high quality goods in their live auctions at very reasonable price in the past two months.Been landing Nightforce figures on nearly every auction.

Hoping to sell the MOTU stuff, not really my thing.