• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,313 posts in this topic

On 6/3/2019 at 5:22 PM, PKJ said:

I got to say I have got more high quality goods in their live auctions at very reasonable price in the past two months.Been landing Nightforce figures on nearly every auction.

Hoping to sell the MOTU stuff, not really my thing.

Oh man Im so jealous. Nightforce is my Jam. I'm actually trying to hunt down a black light for my display. They really pop under the light. I have a decent amount of vehicles but I would love to have more of the figures

Im the same on MOTU. While it does bring back fond memories its hard to make it fit in the collection

On 6/3/2019 at 12:11 PM, F For Fake said:

Wow, that is just terrific. As I said before, I had been avoiding the Micromaster stuff, but you may have set off a dangerous nagging in my brain. Too cool!

The best part is that I believe the current incarnation of Micromasters is compatible with the vintage stuff.  So the modern Metroplex was able to connect to Micromaster bases as they still used a similar ramp type connection.   I am seriously thinking of selling off a few things to pick up Omega Supreme. 

6 hours ago, whisp said:

Picked up a Despoiler and Torpedo since was in nice condition yesterday.  Attached Despolier to my D.E.M.O.N.  Now just to get an AGP and Nullifier.

despoilermounted.jpg

It's all about that front headlight.  nice score. 

8 hours ago, 707comics said:

Love the M.U.S.C.L.E. figures myself. Had a bunch as a kid ... all the ones I ever see in the wild are loose or have seriously beat packaging. Cool pieces!

Yeah I loved the variety of figures back in the day! I always see the 25 pack tray offering, but as you said they box/tray is usually beat to heck!

52 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I have to send something back btw... I think I need to start making stickers of a meme I just made and slap it in returns.

Yeah. I love the "looks complete" comment, which somehow means "maybe its complete based on my limited knowledge, but maybe not... so I'll say looks"

Figure "looks complete" cause it has a gun and a backpack, but there was also a second gun, whoops not actually complete

Transformer "looks complete" cause it has a rocket launcher and its rockets, but whoops it also had an energy sword, guess it's not actually complete. 

4 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Yeah. I love the "looks complete" comment, which somehow means "maybe its complete based on my limited knowledge, but maybe not... so I'll say looks"

Figure "looks complete" cause it has a gun and a backpack, but there was also a second gun, whoops not actually complete

Transformer "looks complete" cause it has a rocket launcher and its rockets, but whoops it also had an energy sword, guess it's not actually complete. 

I am in the process of seeking a refund for a vehicle that was missing one missile pod, three missiles, the projectile from a separate cannon, the figures sidearm, and an ammo clip. 

It states in the heading that it is complete. 

It wasn’t and Andrew was sad.

seller packs well though so at least he has that going for him.  The sellers excuse the as plausible so I’m not upset but I am disappointed. 

15 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

It's all about that front headlight.  nice score. 

Have had the D.E.M.O.N.  for awhile now but yeah that headlight is missing sometimes.

I've really learned over the years how ridiculously rare some Canadian release toys are on their own. I am super-thankful for owning some pieces where I didn't have to chase down an instruction manual or the often missing paperwork. While it's not a big deal value-wise, the bilingual Laser Tag is a perfect example. You might never see another instruction manual from this set, nevermind the redemption forms for the Duracell battery offer. It's massive (I didn't even fully fold it out because it was bigger than the arcade table) and is really a work of art - made to look like a blueprint. The styro box as well has a cover which you never see with this set. Does the toy need to have the paperwork and all inserts to be complete - to me, it is everything, and it doesn't count to match up a bilingual piece with a US instruction sheet. A guy recently posted a Spider-Copter (Spider-Chopper on the box) thinking he may have found an unproduced toy - no, it's just one of the many toys produced in Canada that are near non-existent, so if you have an idea of trying to complete one, better think again.

laser_tag.jpg

laser_tag_instructions.jpg

15 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Woot. Preordered a Wolverine X-Force. I was hoping they would make another one of these 

E6112AS00_Marvel_Legends_Series_Wolverine_Figure_01_large.jpg

I once again find myself straddling that line between selling off all of my Marvel Legends...or diving in and buying a bunch more. I tell myself that what I want to do is sell them off and then put that money back into vintage stuff...but then they release pics of new stuff and I WANT it, and I'm back where I started.

It's a hell of a thing, buying toys.

I'm more looking forward to the Nightcrawler and Mr. Sinister from that wave, they both look great.  The sculpt looks MUCH better on Nightcrawler as compared to the Toy Biz version, but he has no bendy tail like the original so I'm not convinced I'll like this one better.  I'm skeptical but hopeful.

E6115AS00_Marvel_Legends_Series_Nightcrawler_Figure_2000x.jpg?v=1559318713 E6116AS00_Marvel_Legends_Series_Mister_Sinister_Figure_01_082ae997-08bf-497e-aaaf-d219ece795cc_2000x.jpg?v=1559658100

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Said the same thing with Transformers... I am fascinated by those things.

It's the Transformers that has me considering selling my legends. Having been working on sorting/selling/cleaning/completing this large G1 TF collection has me in the mood to keep picking them up, whereas my Legends are languishing in boxes in my storage room. Giving some serious thought to selling them off so I can keep buying TF, but then I see something cool like the upcoming Nightcrawler and it convinces me to hang onto the ML's...at least for a bit longer.

Hasbro is putting up a new vintage X-Men wave for pre-order around noon today.  Loving the Iceman and Silver Samurai.  Maybe the Storm too, not sure yet.  Cyclops comes with two optic blast accessories--the one in the pic below and a second one that projects outwards a few inches.  They're awesome, but I don't care for the X-Factor costume.

80ba239411af29643ca7de38a2652e37.jpg13ebf40a9f123d33175315ab768b55ef.jpg06a927add5c37a8cf99c17abcfd5f833.jpgbed4cc48b577c4e71163830d3307c700.jpge951563723c469e5709d9008e88459f1.jpg6a6acb71bfde5b55f635c89b94846f82.jpg