• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Hasbro is putting up a new vintage X-Men wave for pre-order around noon today.  Loving the Iceman and Silver Samurai.  Maybe the Storm too, not sure yet.  Cyclops comes with two optic blast accessories--the one in the pic below and a second one that projects outwards a few inches.  They're awesome, but I don't care for the X-Factor costume.

80ba239411af29643ca7de38a2652e37.jpg13ebf40a9f123d33175315ab768b55ef.jpg06a927add5c37a8cf99c17abcfd5f833.jpgbed4cc48b577c4e71163830d3307c700.jpge951563723c469e5709d9008e88459f1.jpg6a6acb71bfde5b55f635c89b94846f82.jpg

Yeah...it's that 80's Dazzler that is probably going to be the thing to keep me in ML, oddly enough. That is a figure I've wanted pretty much my entire life. If they give me a Rogue in the punker look (black tights and green tank top) then I'll be all set.

So, for now...I'm sticking with them. But there always exists a possibility that I'm going to sell them all so I can buy some more 80's robots!

12 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

Found these recently 

I also found two bikes that were loose (keeping one)

BE793C8C-FEF4-4671-92B6-81685114357A.jpeg

D40AF7EB-EC68-4CB2-9BFD-948D5B7AC6C9.jpeg

I remember that line. The AKIRA makes sense, so odd that Tenchi Muyo was part of the line as well. That bike was so beautiful, but can Kaneda actually sit on it? I can't recall.

Just now, F For Fake said:

I remember that line. The AKIRA makes sense, so odd that Tenchi Muyo was part of the line as well. That bike was so beautiful, but can Kaneda actually sit on it? I can't recall.

He does sit on it. The bike is awesome

Just now, jsilverjanet said:

He does sit on it. The bike is awesome

That's terrific. It's a gorgeous toy. I remember these being on clearance at KB Toys waaaaaay back when. I had the Akira pieces, maybe the Ryoko too. I never was a Trigun guy though. I'm sure I sold them off years ago. The bike sells for a very pretty penny these days.

1 minute ago, F For Fake said:

That's terrific. It's a gorgeous toy. I remember these being on clearance at KB Toys waaaaaay back when. I had the Akira pieces, maybe the Ryoko too. I never was a Trigun guy though. I'm sure I sold them off years ago. The bike sells for a very pretty penny these days.

I always wanted way after it came out but could never find it - the local dealers want too much when they pop up. eBay is always an option but I prefer to find these things.

i also found the throne loose but no figure 

5 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I always wanted way after it came out but could never find it - the local dealers want too much when they pop up. eBay is always an option but I prefer to find these things.

i also found the throne loose but no figure 

That's the way to do it, I'm the same way. If I HAVE to have something I'll go the eBay route, but otherwise I prefer to just run across junk at estate sales or local shops. The thrill of the hunt/discovery is half the fun of collecting this stuff, hell, maybe 3/4 of the fun.

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

I'm more looking forward to the Nightcrawler and Mr. Sinister from that wave, they both look great.  The sculpt looks MUCH better on Nightcrawler as compared to the Toy Biz version, but he has no bendy tail like the original so I'm not convinced I'll like this one better.  I'm skeptical but hopeful.

E6115AS00_Marvel_Legends_Series_Nightcrawler_Figure_2000x.jpg?v=1559318713 E6116AS00_Marvel_Legends_Series_Mister_Sinister_Figure_01_082ae997-08bf-497e-aaaf-d219ece795cc_2000x.jpg?v=1559658100

This wave I can't make my mind up on (assuming I stick with ML's). One one hand, I don't care anything about Wendigo BAF, and always hated Mr Sinister, so I should probably just buy the other five figures at $20 a pop. On the other hand, that's still $100, so maybe I should spend the extra $20, buy the whole wave, and then sell the BAF and sinister...in fact, having now talked/typed that out, that is the only thing that makes sense, I guess that's what I'll do! The free shipping deal at Pulse was a smart move, it really helps when buying these sets.

They also have the Hulk/Wolvie 2-pack on preorder for $59.99, which I think is the best price I've seen so far, by a couple of bucks.

Ugh...see, this is how I keep getting roped back in!

50 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Hasbro is putting up a new vintage X-Men wave for pre-order around noon today.  Loving the Iceman and Silver Samurai.  Maybe the Storm too, not sure yet.  Cyclops comes with two optic blast accessories--the one in the pic below and a second one that projects outwards a few inches.  They're awesome, but I don't care for the X-Factor costume.

80ba239411af29643ca7de38a2652e37.jpg13ebf40a9f123d33175315ab768b55ef.jpg06a927add5c37a8cf99c17abcfd5f833.jpgbed4cc48b577c4e71163830d3307c700.jpge951563723c469e5709d9008e88459f1.jpg6a6acb71bfde5b55f635c89b94846f82.jpg

Sweet! Love the Silver Samurai ..... gonna grab one on pre-order as soon as they are posted.

38 minutes ago, 707comics said:

Sweet! Love the Silver Samurai ..... gonna grab one on pre-order as soon as they are posted.

They're up at Pulse as well as BBTS!

I'm happy that there's no BAF with this wave, so I can just get the figures I want: Cyke, Iceman and Dazzler. The only Storm I'm interested in (since we already got the Mohawk) is an original Cockrum outfit, so she's a pass, and I don't need yet another Wolverine. Silver Samurai has me on the fence. I don't normally buy villains, and he's not really a personal favorite, but man that is a sweet looking figure.

I've fallen prey to my own propaganda. Preordered the entire X-Force vintage wave (will sell off Wendigo BAF and Sinister, that'll help cushion the blow), Iceman/Cyke/Dazzler from X-Men Vintage wave, and the Hulk/Wolvie 2-pack. They don't charge until they ship, so I have a couple of months to stew over the decision. But it looks like I'm sticking with ML's for a while, at least.

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

always hated Mr Sinister

Why?  He's got one of the more interesting back stories of all the X-villains.  He's a human contemporary of Charles Darwin born in the 19th century and was obsessed with evolutionary biology who believed that mutants were the next phase of human evolution.  His goal was to find a way to artificially evolve humans to improve humanity.  Apocalypse gave him his wish by mutating him, so unlike most mutants he wasn't born as one, he was made into one.

Fox was planning to use him as a villain had they kept making films, and Bryan Singer teased him in the post-credits scene of the Apocalypse film by showing someone taking a vial of Wolverine's blood and putting it into a briefcase pictured below and labelled "Essex Corp," which is Sinister's company since his real name is Nathaniel Essex.

latest?cb=20170129053954

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Why?  He's got one of the more interesting back stories of all the X-villains.  He's a human contemporary of Charles Darwin born in the 19th century and was obsessed with evolutionary biology who believed that mutants were the next phase of human evolution.  His goal was to find a way to artificially evolve humans to improve humanity.  Apocalypse gave him his wish by mutating him, so unlike most mutants he wasn't born as one, he was made into one.

Fox was planning to use him as a villain had they kept making films, and Bryan Singer teased him in the post-credits scene of the Apocalypse film by showing someone taking a vial of Wolverine's blood and putting it into a briefcase pictured below and labelled "Essex Corp," which is Sinister's company since his real name is Nathaniel Essex.

latest?cb=20170129053954

He just represents the period where I started tuning out of X-Men, so I associate him with everything I disliked about that era. Gambit, Bishop, and all of that stuff. I was a mid-80's X-freak. The early 90's turned me off and I didn't jump back in until Age of Apocalypse, then back out again until Grant Morrison. Plus I always thought the design was hideous. He looked like Colossus with a soulpatch in a drag show.

9 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Plus I always thought the design was hideous. He looked like Colossus with a soulpatch in a drag show.

Yea I don't entirely like how Apocalypse or Sinister look either, yet I freaking LOVE the story of both characters.  I mostly like how they look, but there are elements that bug the sheet out of me because they're so idiotic, like the big "A" on Apocalypse's belt or the prissier elements of Sinister's outfit you referred to.

4 hours ago, F For Fake said:

It's the Transformers that has me considering selling my legends. Having been working on sorting/selling/cleaning/completing this large G1 TF collection has me in the mood to keep picking them up, whereas my Legends are languishing in boxes in my storage room. Giving some serious thought to selling them off so I can keep buying TF, but then I see something cool like the upcoming Nightcrawler and it convinces me to hang onto the ML's...at least for a bit longer.

I have often said that if I was selling everything and anything the last to go would be the LEGO. I actually get enjoyment and peace of mind out of it.  That to me is my relaxing hobby. 

MP Transformers are expensive though and all of mine are in their original boxes... it’s the cheaper Hasbro stuff that is silently on display... go figure 

Andrew, who really wants that Omega Supreme... (Caltopia homage) 

I should start a go fund me... (Certain Someone homage) 

16 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I have often said that if I was selling everything and anything the last to go would be the LEGO. I actually get enjoyment and peace of mind out of it.  That to me is my relaxing hobby. 

MP Transformers are expensive though and all of mine are in their original boxes... it’s the cheaper Hasbro stuff that is silently on display... go figure 

Andrew, who really wants that Omega Supreme... (Caltopia homage) 

I should start a go fund me... (Certain Someone homage) 

I finally said goodbye to the last of my Lego back before X-Mas. All I had left were a few larger Star Wars ships, like the Star Destroyer, Falcon, Slave-I, At-AT, etc. I always thought they were neat, but they took up a lot of space, and the truth is I don't collect any other Lego, nor do I collect SW, so I didn't have a compelling reason to keep them other than I thought they were kinda cool. But whatever passion I had for them had long since cooled, so I let them go, and honestly haven't missed them.

Transformers are interesting, in that I've jumped in and out a few times. Of course, as a kid, TF and Joes were everything to me. I was more of a Joe guy overall, but I did love the TF's. I eventually sold them off as I entered my teen years. Then, when I was in my early 20's, I was working at a comic shop, and we started buying Transformers. This re-sparked my interest, and I put together a pretty large collection...which I then later sold, naturally.

Although I do love the characters and the comics, I've told myself for some time now that I'm done with Transformers. But when a friend offered me his large collection, I couldn't resist picking them all up. So, here we are: twice sworn off of Transformers, and once again returned to my buying. I don't think I'll go nuts, just pick up a few things here and there, but I am really enjoying having them back in the collection again.

Brent, who also swore he wasn't going to buy any new TF product, but last week broke down and picked up Siege Ultra Magnus and Shockwave because holy crow these things are cool

Also, I won't invoke the name of the go-funder that you're speaking of. I guess I have a chip on my shoulder about it.

12 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I finally said goodbye to the last of my Lego back before X-Mas. All I had left were a few larger Star Wars ships, like the Star Destroyer, Falcon, Slave-I, At-AT, etc. I always thought they were neat, but they took up a lot of space, and the truth is I don't collect any other Lego, nor do I collect SW, so I didn't have a compelling reason to keep them other than I thought they were kinda cool. But whatever passion I had for them had long since cooled, so I let them go, and honestly haven't missed them.

Transformers are interesting, in that I've jumped in and out a few times. Of course, as a kid, TF and Joes were everything to me. I was more of a Joe guy overall, but I did love the TF's. I eventually sold them off as I entered my teen years. Then, when I was in my early 20's, I was working at a comic shop, and we started buying Transformers. This re-sparked my interest, and I put together a pretty large collection...which I then later sold, naturally.

Although I do love the characters and the comics, I've told myself for some time now that I'm done with Transformers. But when a friend offered me his large collection, I couldn't resist picking them all up. So, here we are: twice sworn off of Transformers, and once again returned to my buying. I don't think I'll go nuts, just pick up a few things here and there, but I am really enjoying having them back in the collection again.

Brent, who also swore he wasn't going to buy any new TF product, but last week broke down and picked up Siege Ultra Magnus and Shockwave because holy crow these things are cool

Also, I won't invoke the name of the go-funder that you're speaking of. I guess I have a chip on my shoulder about it.

This weekend I will take a few pics lol .

8 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Best thing is to swear them off thrice and sell to me. 

G1 TF, oooooooooo

Patrick

No brainer... I have the 2003 model of the lunar lander in the china cabinet but this updated model will find its way into the office somewhere. 

It comes with the patch, free shipping, and the rocket ride June incentive. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 12.27.16 AM.png\

Edited by Buzzetta