• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

New addition! Remco Mantech is one of those toys that were never big, had no cartoon (that I remember) and wasnt sized at 3"3/4 so you couldnt mix them with your SW and GIJoe guys....They're like less cool Centurions... 

Ive seen a few MIB figures come along, but whatever they used for their plastic was prone to yellow so even minty boxes have yellowed plastic. What I haven't seen (in box) is one of the Mantech vehicles, like the Traxon, so when this one popped up with a BIN OBO I threw the seller a low ball (40% off) to see if we could meet in the middle... and he accepted my offer! (im betting he got it for $10 at a yard sale!) Showed up today, much bigger that I remembered it! Oh well put it up on the top shelf of my display after checking that all "14 interchangable parts" were there. Box in good shape  and presents well.

20190629_103801.thumb.jpg.ba1e7b0512312929456526b1d41fb04b.jpg

20190629_103811.thumb.jpg.0cd6f43617958a486b4e267afb2d2305.jpg

Edited by miraclemet

well I've finally gotten blocked by a seller... 

and it wasnt even a comic book seller, it was a repro toy box seller!

The guy on eBay (reprobubbles) who manufactures and sells Transformer G1 inserts (I think he also sells recasts of figures)

I bought a couple of inserts and he shipped them tossed in a priority mail box with no protection and a few plastic grocery bags thrown in for "padding"

The box was promptly stepped on/squished at some point during delivery and both of the inserts took a little ding damage that I was able to pop out with only slight effect after the fix. Seller refunded me the shipping cost, but I was peeved at the lack of effort in shipping, especially for something where condition is important. I left some neutral feedback and emailed him explaining what model priority mail boxes could be used to next inside each other so that they would be stronger and less likely to crush if weight was put on them. 

I didnt even get into the fact that he charged for "Priority mail shipping" but sat on the packages so long that it didnt arrive until 2 weeks after payment (does the old "immediate print the shipping label to meet ebays requirement but doesnt go to the post office for days-weeks)

No response, but whatever. 

A month later, I bought a few more transformers needing inserts and decided to see if reprobubbles had taken my advice...

Nope. Another 2 week delivery that charged me for priority shipping (granted it WAS in a priority box) and the same single box (that again got dented, though no damage inside this time) with no protection. 

So he got negative reviews noting the delay in shipping and the poor packing. (again my hope that he'd change his ways)

An last week I was about to bite on another nice transformer with a nice box but no insert so I checked to see if he had a repro bubble available, and when I tried to buy it, BLOCKED!
Dude blocked me. His prerogative, but dang. 

1 hour ago, miraclemet said:

well I've finally gotten blocked by a seller... 

and it wasnt even a comic book seller, it was a repro toy box seller!

The guy on eBay (reprobubbles) who manufactures and sells Transformer G1 inserts (I think he also sells recasts of figures)

I bought a couple of inserts and he shipped them tossed in a priority mail box with no protection and a few plastic grocery bags thrown in for "padding"

The box was promptly stepped on/squished at some point during delivery and both of the inserts took a little ding damage that I was able to pop out with only slight effect after the fix. Seller refunded me the shipping cost, but I was peeved at the lack of effort in shipping, especially for something where condition is important. I left some neutral feedback and emailed him explaining what model priority mail boxes could be used to next inside each other so that they would be stronger and less likely to crush if weight was put on them. 

I didnt even get into the fact that he charged for "Priority mail shipping" but sat on the packages so long that it didnt arrive until 2 weeks after payment (does the old "immediate print the shipping label to meet ebays requirement but doesnt go to the post office for days-weeks)

No response, but whatever. 

A month later, I bought a few more transformers needing inserts and decided to see if reprobubbles had taken my advice...

Nope. Another 2 week delivery that charged me for priority shipping (granted it WAS in a priority box) and the same single box (that again got dented, though no damage inside this time) with no protection. 

So he got negative reviews noting the delay in shipping and the poor packing. (again my hope that he'd change his ways)

An last week I was about to bite on another nice transformer with a nice box but no insert so I checked to see if he had a repro bubble available, and when I tried to buy it, BLOCKED!
Dude blocked me. His prerogative, but dang. 

Just wondering, did you contact him about your concerns BEFORE dinging his feedback? Your concerns seem totally valid, but yeah, if someone gives me a neutral or negative, that's going to be an automatic block. Now, in my case, I'm naturally going to do everything I can to rectify the situation, and it sounds like he's asleep at the wheel. But you have to see if from his perspective: at this point, you're more trouble than you're worth. xD

4 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Just wondering, did you contact him about your concerns BEFORE dinging his feedback? Your concerns seem totally valid, but yeah, if someone gives me a neutral or negative, that's going to be an automatic block. Now, in my case, I'm naturally going to do everything I can to rectify the situation, and it sounds like he's asleep at the wheel. But you have to see if from his perspective: at this point, you're more trouble than you're worth. xD

Yep... first time around contacted him because he hadn't shipped for a week after I paid (he printed the shipping label but didnt send, and his stated shipping time was 2-3 days). so then he eventually sent it, but as I said it ended up being delivered 15 days after I paid and was in a crushed box. So I contacted him again about the crushed box and suggested the 2 box solution to avoid crushing in the future. He refunded my shipping though with no comment (so I know he saw my message), and I left a neutral feedback (when I probably should have just left a poor feedback due to the delays and poor communication). 

I really like his product, but really wish he was better at completing his transactions and shipping... 

1 hour ago, miraclemet said:

Yep... first time around contacted him because he hadn't shipped for a week after I paid (he printed the shipping label but didnt send, and his stated shipping time was 2-3 days). so then he eventually sent it, but as I said it ended up being delivered 15 days after I paid and was in a crushed box. So I contacted him again about the crushed box and suggested the 2 box solution to avoid crushing in the future. He refunded my shipping though with no comment (so I know he saw my message), and I left a neutral feedback (when I probably should have just left a poor feedback due to the delays and poor communication). 

I really like his product, but really wish he was better at completing his transactions and shipping... 

I get it. But it looks like he's not willing/able to meet your (admittedly reasonable) standards, and has decided that your money isn't worth his hassle. Hopefully you can find someone else that provides a similar product and better customer service!

On 5/21/2019 at 5:11 PM, fantastic_four said:

Thanks to Joseph Fiore (comicwiz) for sending me his kids' 2008 Hasbro X-Men: Origins Wolverine Cruiser toy!  (thumbsu  My son loves it.  :applause:  That's the recent Marvel Legends Sabretooth clinging onto him in the second two pics.

91Ds0BEhE5L._SL1500_.jpgw5WXp0c_k-a5KpDUOpWuesbrgxNI3Nn6V_vB8viI-FhzaaTKXXaqvX_qsfvFYbCjTCSCk3LZru_HG2IMs_j2AB1rDyFl0Cc1Rj5MffbOOL4KOJcemv-jWq9q_ttBy7NsbZKQNCVYHIk4DYEE3NaDOpyrzapRukletl0dnGoUVB2G5Sse7KMfXqbK6uNCauqT48KCVcbXKDNB8ssSJs7oN7pM7K4ZvUdF8_kMDT9jQyyR_lMon5IRaN9U4kICvD1TDLKB4mG6wrVpbkHSudHYQWizHCHXUjxyT9F7DBjYJZEYALinTHlgTrlZnAYGD2l-iaiPoftQ7LSChQycyS3Fp-8E3iMbndxAQ9O6V9xq600fDsbCQ7Bm7EJDSKCqB9zplyo2muqQGB_-4QeRR2mKPEkmSRAQmo3si14AmIe8I3RNopA4lTFWzKz_lnBsxjJs23bimS6DCYCacL-0_zqhjMNYoi1JLVWVVsM7ABQiIWO0xX7pkhUKxOGrx2-12SjbTos3n8oX_qcAhjtkeKo71FjSzauXhngLTigwVeNkVrRQPmSkDf75iAnrWeTOkGUk0gCkMMc9a66u9LVl5Qatv5LiEx3D_HYqpPDzVi0EFUhhr5KC1hnAwDz7N7aSIK66d5DLxfeRqXKemLiWaXyKRmNasL7Qpn5Mrz-3IDILyJmvN6ah3JFM89lQec1qUWGPApotLoJ05pcsFUCQFCih1vw-1A=w3024-h4032-no EznJ-AROoQmZrkAA-70HUxiHmut3_0m__FinekaOWenvrjnnac1Dq-dvXnZm6lQJfZLKIl5XBb88AgtuaVuNtOaSSNyzbIdpWvxTkYOM7UKeaNX6GaSZDKjAO_h8rhbWPEkOO0X7fwqYKMb0tJqkqJgekVArhI9QJ-PDrLr-c_W121cganmPjkKoRwytqG7dXsVA6huyCaWh3A7DVvruMKCZ-JhMH8yrExQRW_8S-PSOz37rXD8RZGxP_oOUwd9d4o4Fd7RbF6I4zRYViR1eqA8fRUFpsBil_d6vYgtF8pI3PC2C_hog1EPUn2FtPT0Zp-S7QOSvYVcWqfkjRcVV3ie3PFLeV_3XWvuDlXbZAgfcqwsYiJVISyvJ93MXCGeGMp72k-EC-kCvcrfmWLaMXbQ_ehOqe9Gyv5wLgVGEZtB1NXBxy85vlHGZMn03C_QKqlk1dOZmE4J4-xKC5qcfp03jPGED6Kh0aWRpBEREG5JGdDYhCMuewh_2FCk9xcRjeuqQ52-fbgrUcd-CRJ8FIGTU6flZjbXaVo5UiBAB59JKtEUuH-HexPUW13bwu7mj0sLLgxRdUuYjKMRJQaeKLKZATRb33au6oabPKd-w3VuhlGmqTvjQUcZe_qXxwdF3afWmhBNOJhXVC6jAwiK8jiFgy7cwQppnpmv6SG43yNSKHuFo2Vy8lmWQQ__mKcgcqksZZTpQDcwwEJUZfm1hei2tig=w4032-h3024-no -uoxBfb4D67wbDJ-HtVJKHPFrVHCfdIxLR3DOFFuSFFnh9lkWEenoYZHKg8feFNsPqZ_68dPe2_kL2gNUe6BsW6aez6htBDImilgO1-3kMrGd4bBExUkb5Y7dvdoElfsfyEc2qlYezwx2v__AmxOki8vtj2n2W4Pkh00n9svnwB46YTwdu6PCdV2q8iqYmUJcA3YYxOymWwvrrMfbXZO_XaPusiEqgtFTv_wwAaxOSIayQcX3f8q4-H0TUA1bQiJXBSG-J1hwK-h6Zf60pj3tD5qvqSqB6mKoeQNPCHCo78PF4cPdpB22IN7FWOmdoHe-jNC75C4tXcIaqNqejkxduxmTybwQMtbC8qhWFgk9nBfTm_wjSz8FykLK_ynBJXKetWJ7Gre2aZtLfPP52WczuNAGnWKkqoP0Yyvr_vvNMFoCYQKfib9lUJ8mQYEy51cwZ3KNNm1LbjghQl8OF2zPKA_3YxvVYVzZVXgIlfBlwJGj4c2RDnHArB_KNc0FDj4k03rQLXoHH7NBwCMaNtO2coT_OFTv6UjQJENO91N60_5YE2orErDiSN0atMHIN03GrtC7RyGVXzciOqbIMbBgaMt6PJXumiHBHnzXVPGKSFGbJhvqqWQ57X_wB3fM7EyTYeZiXf6FvcmaYZI_uCtuv3MMPGO3X-5JzY2RzYJ8Neu5B7ppgSxPiuipEJ9oldxkzxngbKnJWQPdy1ZRGJkpP3mrQ=w4032-h3024-no

Don't know how I missed this - thanks for the kind words @fantastic_four, and the expression on your son's face is what it's all about! (thumbsu

On 7/1/2019 at 11:57 AM, miraclemet said:

I've had the same problem with this guy. Ordered 4 repro inserts and it was probably a month before he shipped them. Wouldn't respond to any messages. Opened a case and they magically showed up in a couple of days. I haven't left any negative feedback because I figured he would block, and even though it took a while, I will probably need more from him in the future. If there's anyone else that does these for the price I'd love to know about it. 

I absolutely love Robo Force. 

Amazingly terrible robots of the 80s. 

I had the one you have pictured as a kid.  My brother had Hun-dred.  We had those awful vehicles they rode in.  Came with some weird pump (squeeze and air came out).  

Had the opportunity to buy the playset recently.  Lady said she'd give it to me for a big discount because she wanted it gone.  Just wasn't in the mood for the day. 

Patrick 

On 7/5/2019 at 8:01 PM, miraclemet said:

Arrived today, MIB unpunched with no back flap crease. Had a couple of these as a kid. Robo-Force!

20190705_194817.thumb.jpg.22abbf3a57efa713e3996d7ab20859b4.jpg

20190705_194837.thumb.jpg.156d3a141d7bd96567fe4292f3a64bd4.jpg

I will not be testing the water cannon!

Love it! I never had any of these, but had two friends that did, so definitely got in lots of play time with them. Haven't seen any in years, or paid attention to prices. Love how chunky they are!

16 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Well,  it took me just two weeks shy of a year to get it finished, but I'm happy to say that at long last I have finished cleaning and re-assembling my Terror Drome! The biggest  surprise is that I was able to get it completely disassembled, cleaned with some Dawn dish detergent and a toothbrush, and reassembled, all without breaking anything.  I was sweating putting the walls back in those tabs, but I got it done. 

There's a spot on the front that looks like it may have been burned, so I need to get that sanded and taken care of. Also I didn't get new decals, the old stickers still look pretty good, so in the interest of not driving myself crazy I just left them on. I'm satisfied with how it looks for now.

This year's KYiana GI Joe fest is weekend after next, so I plan on picking up some troops to fill it out, and maybe a couple of Ferrets, a Stun, Claw, etc. I'll post better pics once I have it fully manned. 

B96D61A2-FC27-4ACC-9656-CD2A85D9FEC5.jpg

42699591-A8D6-4B6A-BDA4-CC41CF619207.jpg

AF043EB8-72C5-4920-8CCA-11353BDBA5B6.jpg

I never owned one but I have always appreciated it.  That thing is amazing. 

24 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I never owned one but I have always appreciated it.  That thing is amazing. 

Yeah, this is one a really wanted as a kid, but never got. I had a friend in 5th grade that had one and I thought it was the coolest. So last summer I was on a mission to find one complete. This one just needed some TLC.