• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,316 posts in this topic

^ might pick that one up too! Looks really cool fully displayed. 

Recently just got pulled in to buying Transformers Masterpiece. I did love the original G1's but man what a huge difference the MP TF's are and cheaper too if MISB/MIB.

The new Optimus Prime MP-44 version 3 coming out soon looks sick!

1 hour ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Case was white, but I painted the outside and inside edge black. This is where we may have gone too far as parents but we love our kids and enjoy helping them with their projects. (thumbsu

B2C62034-9F60-4704-B97F-2693A44356FE.jpeg

453CB29F-4EF5-42B7-9E90-EAC81B39F81B.jpeg

7017D669-43F8-46F6-856C-25A55C504DE9.jpeg

That’s the way to do it!

3 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Case was white, but I painted the outside and inside edge black. This is where we may have gone too far as parents but we love our kids and enjoy helping them with their projects. (thumbsu

B2C62034-9F60-4704-B97F-2693A44356FE.jpeg

453CB29F-4EF5-42B7-9E90-EAC81B39F81B.jpeg

7017D669-43F8-46F6-856C-25A55C504DE9.jpeg

You always have the coolest setups. I need you to come over and do a redesign of my mancave. I can pay you in copies of Legend of the Dark Knight #1.

11 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Last weekend (before I headed out for a nice 7 night lakehouse trip with the wife, her family, no internet, and lots of reading on the back deck) I attended the annual Kentuckiana GI Joe Expo. It's a fun little show, runs a single day, lots of good buying. I felt like this year the scale may have tipped in favor of the 60's 12" stuff over the 80's Small Joes, but I could be wrong. I went in with a game plan, and ended up getting pretty much everything on my list, and ONLY what was on my list. I nearly talked myself into buying a complete Hammerhead and a Rolling Thunder, but since I was heading out on vacation I wanted to have a little extra cash in my pocket, amazingly, I didn't spend every penny I had! That's a first!

I was really just looking for troops and vehicles to flesh out my Terror Drome, hence the Televipers, Vipers, Claws, etc. I got two original Vipers to man the turrets on the Terror Drome, and two re-release Vipers to work down in the motor pool, with their oddly tan arms. Really pleased with the Stun, it's very clean and complete. The Ferret is also super clean, I may get some decals for it at some point. Also picked up two Claws, one with decals, one without. They look nice on the hangar doors of the Terror Drome.

Oddly enough, my favorite find, the one thing i didn't think I'd encounter, was a Moray shell. I have every single piece of the Moray, including the original lens for the spotlight, but when I went to clean it up a few weeks ago, I noticed that there were a couple of broken clips inside that make it difficult to open and close the missile launcher. So, all I needed was a shell, and I found one for $5! Huzzah!

Now I've got the Drome all kitted out. I don't have a great place to display it right now, so it's hiding in the corner of my home office/comic room for the time being.

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0617.JPG

IMG_0618.JPG

IMG_0619.JPG

IMG_0620.JPG

IMG_0622.JPG

IMG_0625.JPG

IMG_0626.JPG

IMG_0627.JPG

That Stun is in nice shape.  

Those flags are just made to snap!

Patrick

10 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I wasn't really buying until last year with the Terrorcons and the Dinobots were finally released.  I loved me those! 

It is true though... I have a current plan that if I buy something, then something else has to go.  In some cases that 'something' either has to equate to 'space', cost or quantity.  So, supposedly I have 2 copies of Crime Suspenstories 15, Target Micromaster 10 Pack, Ghostbusters Transformers Ectotron, and I want to play in the Comiclink auction this week.  This means that several GI Joes and other things are being offered up on eBay this week to compensate.  I want Omega Supreme but I want to sell something that is of equal size to justify the space...

Otherwise I feel as if I will have nothing to 'show' but endless bins and shelves of clutter. 

You can send some of those vintage items my way.  Always happy to help. 

I started moving a fair amount to storage as I prepare to move.  Damn near killed me this weekend.  

About time for a comic book bonfire. 

Patrick

1 minute ago, followtheleader said:

You can send some of those vintage items my way.  Always happy to help. 

I started moving a fair amount to storage as I prepare to move.  Damn near killed me this weekend.  

About time for a comic book bonfire. 

Patrick

lol I ask and usually get top dollar... or it sits until it goes. 

11 hours ago, followtheleader said:

That Stun is in nice shape.  

Those flags are just made to snap!

Patrick

Yeah, thanks, I was pretty pleased to find such a clean example with the flags in nice shape. I passed on a couple of others at a similar price that weren't quite as nice, so when I saw this one WITH the driver, I jumped on it. Picked up the Ferret from the same guy. His stuff was all pretty clean and complete.

21 hours ago, F For Fake said:

You always have the coolest setups. I need you to come over and do a redesign of my mancave. I can pay you in copies of Legend of the Dark Knight #1.

Thanks man! Anytime. I think your Terror Drome needs to have a dio/display built around it LOL. I've some cool set ups people have done by taking out closet doors to use that area. I personally wish I had the space for a Terror Drome, but as it is the Flagg takes up a lot of room. I usually try to follow Buzz's guideline of getting rid of something when more stuff comes in. Still I find myself boxing up some misc detolf items to be displayed later i guess. At least $ wise I'll sell a couple of books from time to time.

20 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Thanks man! Anytime. I think your Terror Drome needs to have a dio/display built around it LOL. I've some cool set ups people have done by taking out closet doors to use that area. I personally wish I had the space for a Terror Drome, but as it is the Flagg takes up a lot of room. I usually try to follow Buzz's guideline of getting rid of something when more stuff comes in. Still I find myself boxing up some misc detolf items to be displayed later i guess. At least $ wise I'll sell a couple of books from time to time.

I definitely need a display, but space is the issue. We may be coming to the point where I finally have to annex part of the laundry room and let the collection expand into there as well. I mean, I'm already in possession of 4/5 of the basement, why stop there? 

My friend is setting up his Joe display and is having an acrylic case made to go around his Flagg. Should be pretty gnarly once it's all complete.

I am also blowing out some stuff that is in storage, but some things I just can't let go of. For instance, I'm debating putting my NECA Alien/Aliens stuff into storage to make more space for Joes, but I can't imagine I'll be selling them off.

13 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I definitely need a display, but space is the issue. We may be coming to the point where I finally have to annex part of the laundry room and let the collection expand into there as well. I mean, I'm already in possession of 4/5 of the basement, why stop there? 

My friend is setting up his Joe display and is having an acrylic case made to go around his Flagg. Should be pretty gnarly once it's all complete.

I am also blowing out some stuff that is in storage, but some things I just can't let go of. For instance, I'm debating putting my NECA Alien/Aliens stuff into storage to make more space for Joes, but I can't imagine I'll be selling them off.

I am supposed to be limited to one room for my stuff is what I keep hearing, lol. But a few things here and there spill over into other areas. After I get a chance to open up the rest of the Masterpiece Transformers I'll Update the comic room pics.

An acrylic case made for the Flagg. That would be pretty cool. Ive seen a couple pictures from shops that had them on display. Someday maybe when my kids are little older I would like to make a dio from a coffee table. Bobby Skullface has a nice Catina table You Tube Video

He has an epic collection. Very well thought out. I especially like the different scenes he makes.

1 minute ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I am supposed to be limited to one room for my stuff is what I keep hearing, lol. But a few things here and there spill over into other areas. After I get a chance to open up the rest of the Masterpiece Transformers I'll Update the comic room pics.

An acrylic case made for the Flagg. That would be pretty cool. Ive seen a couple pictures from shops that had them on display. Someday maybe when my kids are little older I would like to make a dio from a coffee table. Bobby Skullface has a nice Catina table You Tube Video

He has an epic collection. Very well thought out. I especially like the different scenes he makes.

At our place, the general rule is that the wife gets the upstairs, I get the downstairs, and there is a tiny bit of crossover, but not much. The basement is finished (drywalled/carpeted, etc) except for the laundry room section. I've entertained thoughts of going ahead and finishing that off as well, to gain a little more display space, but that may be more headache than I want to take on at this point. Maybe one day.

Yeah, he was talking about someone he knew that cut custom arcylic sheets that would have a beveled edge so you could connect the panels into basically any side box you'd want. Still sound pricey to me, but he is going nuts. He has a more or less complete collection of figures and vehicles, including the international figures and hard to find stuff, at least up until the neon era, Eco Warriors/DEF, etc. He's been working on his "museum" for some time now and is about ready to reveal it. He's having built-in shelves made, and he also bought some lighted display shelves from Toys R Us when they went out of business that he's going to integrate into the display. Should be pretty snazzy. Me, I'm going to have to be satisfied with a couple of detolfs and some shelves here and there.

That cantina is nuts!

2 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Thanks Buzz! Do you have any suggestions on how to store lego pieces after they are separated by color?

My sorting methods are not uniform.  All sets in storage are build and disassembled and stored in its own ziplock back just in case I ever want to sell it.   Then I have all the parts from the goodwill lots and garage sales and things like that where I know they are incomplete. 

I have ziplock bags of tires.  Containers of windows and doors and slopes. 

Then I have buckets of colored building bricks and then flats.  That seems to work for me for now.   I have seen guys get cabinets and sorting containers normally found in a hardware store for when you need specific size nuts, bolts, screws and the like.  I don't have the desire to devote the space to something like that. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 7/29/2019 at 1:30 PM, Parabellum said:

Pick ups since May.

258D231B-80CA-4BF8-827B-38675C2027DD.jpeg

FB5155FF-B19B-490A-B2FC-639C928A78D0.jpeg

D60A3207-5923-4BC2-A02F-2F7C74AD299C.jpeg

9A323792-6166-4C02-8082-A84D114A105F.jpeg

I have always loved the Takatoku Max and Milia. I dig the Elinseeker too. Super Ostrich?

I only have the 1/55 Bandai reissues and 1J + Armored Valk.

2 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

lol He and I have two totally different ideas with home decor.  I have the one China Cabinet that is ever rotating.  Other than that... I don't like having anything and everything out unless it is in my office and even then that is kind of subdued. I saw the coffee table you talk about and noticed that one of the Cantina band members had fallen over.  That would drive me nuts every time I was cleaning to be careful to knock into a cabinet where everything needs to be reset. 

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

My sorting methods are not uniform.  All sets in storage are build and disassembled and stored in its own ziplock back just in case I ever want to sell it.   Then I have all the parts from the goodwill lots and garage sales and things like that where I know they are incomplete. 

I have ziplock bags of tires.  Containers of windows and doors and slopes. 

Then I have buckets of colored building bricks and then flats.  That seems to work for me for now.   I have seen guys get cabinets and sorting containers normally found in a hardware store for when you need specific size nuts, bolts, screws and the like.  I don't have the desire to devote the space to something like that. 

Nice. That's a lot how my sorting is going. Ziplock for the sets. We were going to keep the boxes but theres just too many. Buckets for the different colors. Also a tire bag (thumbsu

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

lol He and I have two totally different ideas with home decor.  I have the one China Cabinet that is ever rotating.  Other than that... I don't like having anything and everything out unless it is in my office and even then that is kind of subdued. I saw the coffee table you talk about and noticed that one of the Cantina band members had fallen over.  That would drive me nuts every time I was cleaning to be careful to knock into a cabinet where everything needs to be reset. 

For sure it is extreme overload, I could only see myself going this far if I had a basement to work with. I'm happy with my one room. :cloud9:

Speaking of figures falling over. I recently got some neca stands for marvel legends and they dont fit so well. I'll probably use a glue gun to hold them in place so they dont fall over.

Edited by STORMSHADOW_80