• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,308 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2019 at 12:22 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I saw that in the guide yesterday. That's pretty neat. I'm surprised he isnt worth a little more. Do you know of any good Joe shops online? Im familar with Dallas Vintage Toys, but it seems to be hit and miss on the stuff I need.

I usually do all my trades on facebook.

@jsilverjanet

I don't know if you followed up on it... but... 

I don't think we are getting Cookie Monster... I had backed it but with 2 days and a few hours to go, there are 524 backers out of the required 3,000.  I am curious to see what happens.   Doesn't look good for Unicron either... but I lol'd at that one.

I really want Cookie Monster though :(

I'm a little surprised neither project had much interest.  I'm now unsure if any Marvel project would get funded.  With Marvel it's about the heroes and their powers, so I don't know that any one, big thing that's not a superhero or supervillain itself is of great interest to many Marvel fans.  Really that 3 to 4 foot Galactus is all that comes to mind as potentially having a wide appeal, but I don't even know if I want it with the 2-foot Galactus already existing and being far more space efficient.

Edited by fantastic_four

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

I'm a little surprised neither project had much interest.  I'm now unsure if any Marvel project would get funded.  With Marvel it's about the heroes and their powers, so I don't know that any one, big thing that's not a superhero or supervillain itself is of great interest to many Marvel fans.  Really that 3 to 4 foot Galactus is all that comes to mind as potentially having a wide appeal, but I don't even know if I want it with the 2-foot Galactus already existing and being far more space efficient.

I think it is simply the cost. I'm certainly INTERESTED in Unicron, but he's about three times as expensive as the next largest Transformer ever made. It's cool. VERY cool. But $600 for a big plastic toy...I just can't do it.

Rise if Skywalker Certain Plastic Construction Set Images... Oh and one from the Streaming Service TV Series

Spoilers... Minor spoiler as to who is alive that was not in Episode 8. 

Spoiler

dt7FzLLl.jpg.c2543e3cf65ab34de2a8bc25cc571a56.jpgqDpA1cxl.jpg.db25bc303ef67c95a219e8ffe920206d.jpg40Y4SQwl.jpg.3e2e1454a050c781d90a9b7e54d2c639.jpg5o5PM1ll.jpg.5afd27be99bd651847dd4628edfb1742.jpgqcgTR8Ll.jpg.335d1073e64a9c040f3e142af3cb9874.jpgMVhLnwVl.jpg.339470d82b58276b3b835c2cfd020cf9.jpgIDUovzml.jpg.8b54b6f46e72ce0733978c30dcc6c689.jpgIPxhYlM.jpg.e3944f3492e403e058bf62a9e67d3197.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

On 8/21/2019 at 1:14 AM, Buzzetta said:

Looking better... Kind of cool that this was buried in the ground for at least 35+ years... most likely 40-45 years... 

IMG_3044.jpeg

I was gonna say don't clean it up too much! like to see the wear and tear on those old metal toys...

On 8/3/2019 at 11:29 PM, followtheleader said:

Turns out, there were a ton of those coins.  Trolley, bacchus, blaine kern, proteus, chief choctaw, cleopatra,.  Coins is a bad term.  I keep seeing doubloon.  Anyone know what they are?

Patrick

20190803_211438.jpg

These are Mardi Gras doubloons from various New Orleans parades. They would have been thrown from parade floats. 

Saturday was a beautiful 73 and sunny (a welcome respite from the 100+ temps earlier in the week) so I decided to hit up some estate sales, for the first time this summer.

The first was just down the road, and has advertised "Vintage Star Wars", but all I found were a few random 90's POTF figures. However, it wasn't a total loss, as I scored these Star Wars SNES games, carded Commando die casts, and this really cool Tomytronic PAC-Man with box and instructions. The next sale was more productive...

IMG_8582.JPG

IMG_8590.JPG

IMG_8598.JPG

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

This sale advertised a boxed Odyssey 2 system with games, and didn't say a word about toys. By the time I got here, the Odyssey was sold. I was going to leave, but I decided to walk the house in case there was anything of interest.

I made my way back to a bedroom, and in the center of the bed was a cardboard box marked "$5 All". The huge helicopter caught my eye, and I saw some bits of Transformers and Joe stuff, so I figured for $5 it was worth picking up.

When I got to the next bedroom, I found three Ziploc baggies marked $5 each. One with Rambo/Ghostbusters, one with Joes, and one with Secret Wars! I really thought the days of finding stuff like this dirt cheap at estate and garage sales was over, but the deals are still out there, so keep digging!

Once I got everything home and unpacked, I found nearly all of the accessories for the Joes and other figures (Tunnel Rat's backpack even has the little flashlights!) as well as a near complete Cobra Fang (missing the cage, per usual, but all of the rockets and bomb are there) and a complete Cobra Bunker. I don't collect Rambo, but this Skyfire chopper is complete and pretty cool, and there was lots of random stuff, a little Starcom, a little Centurions, Ghostbusters, even a Colt Robo! 

I was tickled. It's exactly the sort of cheap, random haul that makes the hunt fun. Everything below (and more) for $20!

This is an awesome haul.  Congrats 

2 hours ago, F For Fake said:

This sale advertised a boxed Odyssey 2 system with games, and didn't say a word about toys. By the time I got here, the Odyssey was sold. I was going to leave, but I decided to walk the house in case there was anything of interest.

I made my way back to a bedroom, and in the center of the bed was a cardboard box marked "$5 All". The huge helicopter caught my eye, and I saw some bits of Transformers and Joe stuff, so I figured for $5 it was worth picking up.

When I got to the next bedroom, I found three Ziploc baggies marked $5 each. One with Rambo/Ghostbusters, one with Joes, and one with Secret Wars! I really thought the days of finding stuff like this dirt cheap at estate and garage sales was over, but the deals are still out there, so keep digging!

Once I got everything home and unpacked, I found nearly all of the accessories for the Joes and other figures (Tunnel Rat's backpack even has the little flashlights!) as well as a near complete Cobra Fang (missing the cage, per usual, but all of the rockets and bomb are there) and a complete Cobra Bunker. I don't collect Rambo, but this Skyfire chopper is complete and pretty cool, and there was lots of random stuff, a little Starcom, a little Centurions, Ghostbusters, even a Colt Robo! 

I was tickled. It's exactly the sort of cheap, random haul that makes the hunt fun. Everything below (and more) for $20!

IMG_8613.JPG

IMG_8615.JPG

IMG_8617.JPG

IMG_8625.JPG

IMG_8600.JPG

IMG_8606.JPG

IMG_8619.JPG

IMG_8626.JPG

IMG_8627.JPG

IMG_8628.JPG

IMG_8629.JPG

IMG_8631.JPG

IMG_8632.JPG

I spent $13 on a sandwich today ...... didn't even include the drink or chips. You stole that for $20, good find :)

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

This is an awesome haul.  Congrats 

Thanks man, definitely my best score in a long while! I'm just happy to know these little treasure troves are still out there!

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

The Pacman game is awesome. 

Love the Starcom too. 

Would have been real happy to get those. 

Patrick

Thanks Patrick! I know, I LOVE the PAC-Man game, I'm going to display it next t my PAC-Man arcade cabinet!

1 hour ago, 707comics said:

I spent $13 on a sandwich today ...... didn't even include the drink or chips. You stole that for $20, good find :)

Thanks, yeah, I couldn't get my wallet open fast enough! The thing that surprised me is that this sale was run by a local estate sale company that I've bought from before, and usually those sorts of operations price stuff high. In this instance they were also auctioning off the propert itself and a car, so I guess this stuff was small potatoes. 

6 hours ago, F For Fake said:

IMG_8626.JPG

IMG_8627.JPG

It's all great,but this!

Bruh