• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

eBay incentive until Wednesday... 

Picked this up first... It's the Power of the Primes Abominus upgrade with the Hung-Grr rifles that they did not assign with the figure and the upgraded hands and feet. It's the only modern combiner I currently have.  I love that thing. I still cannot figure out the tax thing btw... I get charged tax with some Chinese vendors but not others. 

s-l500.jpg

10 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Ehh there might be a lot of butthurt over that tomorrow.  

The public on sale date is tomorrow.  However if you were a Hasbro Pulse member you had access to purchase the figure one day early.  I just checked the site after you said that and it still says sold out.  Hopefully they held some back for everyone else to have the opportunity to purchase one.  I just went to eBay and they are offered at $90 each.  I was going to ask someone if they had an extra... but if you can make $50-60 on one then go ahead and sell it. 

If anyone opened one and no longer wants it... hell... I will gladly buy one for my desk.  I have the regular deco release but the classic Kenner deco is pretty cool. 

Yeah it was sold out to me as well! 

The packaging is awesome!

A couple of new additions - a Kenner SW die cast bin with header, and one lone MOC of the Darth Vader TIE (Canadian bilingual). I once owned all these, but they were Kenner US and decided to sell them. I'm now wanting to collect the bilingual ones instead, and it's probably going to take more time to find them, but the nostalgia of the series 1 cardbacks is strong with me. Also (and as a grown adult, I'm not at all ashamed to admit this) but I have always wanted to have the Star Tots added to my display - man I wish Kenner had originally made these!

IMG_20190907_1621196.thumb.jpg.b45178d5e4d8b93862f385d973720eaf.jpg

IMG_20190909_2053555.thumb.jpg.24b942aca04c51cd68e3f9eb087aef54.jpg

11 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I would have bought a lot of those Turtles.  

The Universal Black Lagoon Turtle is one of my all-time favs. 

Nice pickup.

Patrick

Thanks Patrick! Yeah, I couldn't resist them. I was starting to get out of toys when TMNT hit (I was about 12 or so when the toy line launched) but I DID have that very first wave of 10 figures, and a few here and there after that. I was too old to "play" with the, so to speak, but I still thought they were neat. I don't see carded figs very often anymore, I guess these are starting to dry up like the other big 80's properties. Had to have a few!

And yeah, the Universal Figures are great, I love them. Wish they'd had more than just these three!

So last night I found a local store, just down the road, that that specializes in vintage toys/comics.  I went there today and checked it out....needless to say they are not messing around.  It was unbelievable.  The two guys working there were extremely professional and knowledgeable.  So while I was looking around I decided to grab this guy.  I think I opened Pandora’s box.

8E69116D-FE53-45E0-9B34-4F16571AC289.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Parabellum said:

So last night I found a local store, just down the road, that that specializes in vintage toys/comics.  I went there today and checked it out....needless to say they are not messing around.  It was unbelievable.  The two guys working there were extremely professional and knowledgeable.  So while I was looking around I decided to grab this guy.  I think I opened Pandora’s box.

@whisp @STORMSHADOW_80

Do either of you know what the deal was with the molds for this figure?  He was never reissued whereas version 1, 1.5, 3, and 4 found themselves reproduced numerous times throughout the TRU late 90's through early 2000's run.  I've heard that they broke or went missing.  I find it interesting that the molds for perhaps the most iconic figure Hasbro ever produced simply went missing.  They thought enough of the character to make a second version of him by the fourth year of the the line. 

33 minutes ago, Parabellum said:

SWEEEEET, that's the all-timer right there. I remember having a hard time finding him even when he was new. There was a Lazarus at the local mall that had a toy section tucked away on the second floor behind the bedding, and in that toy section were three barrels full of carded Joes. When I managed to scratch three or four bucks together, I'd ask my folks to take me to the mall, and I'd dig around in that big for what seemed like hours, looking for figures. One time I was DETERMINED to find Snake Eyes, so I dug through every single barrel, removed every single figure, and eventually found him. He was instantly my favorite toy. Love that guy. Lost or sold him when I got older, of course. I picked one up two years ago at the local Joe show, and he's kept in a safe place now. Classic, classic, classic toy. THE GI Joe figure.

11 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

@whisp @STORMSHADOW_80

Do either of you know what the deal was with the molds for this figure?  He was never reissued whereas version 1, 1.5, 3, and 4 found themselves reproduced numerous times throughout the TRU late 90's through early 2000's run.  I've heard that they broke or went missing.  I find it interesting that the molds for perhaps the most iconic figure Hasbro ever produced simply went missing.  They thought enough of the character to make a second version of him by the fourth year of the the line. 

I'd never thought of that, that would certainly explain the absence of that figure, as you point out, it's possibly the most iconic figure in the line.

23 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

@whisp @STORMSHADOW_80

It is strange that the molds would go missing. I remember when I was going crazy rebuilding Whales I would see several different mold numbers for the same thing. You would think at least one set for the figures would be around.

...On the secondary market a guy by the name of Black Major sells this guy in different colors but with basically the same mold that he makes.

I just started collecting gi joe last week. This is some of what I got so far..ebay and a local toy store....probably looking at 15 more figures then I'm done. It's really fun and I was bored of comics...I feel like this license is hot and ready for a reboot movie or animated series closer to the comics. 

Not shown: 83 cobra commander, doc, destro, gung ho and commander hawk, and firefly. 

Screenshot_20190906-193637_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190904-073632_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190904-073641_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190904-073647_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190908-094502_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190904-073654_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190904-073644_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190904-073657_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190904-073650_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20190904-073636_Gallery.jpg

Edited by jason4

2 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Great stuff @jason4

It aint over at least until you get land and water vehicles....maybe a flagg to put everything on lol

Aw man I used to have a flagg when I was probably 5 years old. I'd love to get one again but wife would have a big problem with that lol. I will try for a keel haul figure complete instead for now lol.

@STORMSHADOW_80 I saw a beautiful wooden table just like yours at the curb yesterday. It was in perfect condition, and even had drawers beneath. I kept looking at it thinking I could make it work somehow, but it was too large. Seeing your setup now, I should have taken it and figured something out even if I had to rent a room to use it. :smirk:

Edited by comicwiz

9 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I found a coffee table at a secondhand store and had an acrylic box made to fit underneath the glass top. Now my Whales can be seen properly. :smile: Since the Seawolf moved my other case is now only Nightforce 

EA2E4B81-2A5B-4260-A364-658012E22783.jpeg

05CAE1E5-8141-418E-88F0-B75F12515A6C.jpeg

434892C5-B6FC-4676-8CBE-655A7FA8AAC3.jpeg

FCD39EE5-53D2-4020-A2C1-434A810B4C6B.jpeg

DUDE!