• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,312 posts in this topic

I like to buy lots of toys, match up parts, and fill gaps in my collection that way. I think it's a lot of fun. Bought a huge Joe and Transformer lot ~3 years ago, and another large lot 1 month ago. Was able to complete two vehicles - the Air Skiff (but missing Zanzibar's gun) and the RAM. My first purchase had the Skiff box, instructions, and accessories, but no actual vehicle. The second purchase had the base and a few accessories. Next task is to figure out how to remove stickers from the broken RAM for the better RAM.

20190922_085423.jpg

20190922_092029.jpg

20190922_093124.jpg

As I mentioned above, I like to buy lots of toys. Over the years I've resold parts I don't need or collect as lots, but I'm left with these that I just can't figure out. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. That little figure was from a board game, but now I can't remember which one. I'm also looking for a venue to trade toy parts (GI Joe, Transformers, Star Wars) if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.

20190922_093424.jpg

4 hours ago, srezvan said:

As I mentioned above, I like to buy lots of toys. Over the years I've resold parts I don't need or collect as lots, but I'm left with these that I just can't figure out. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. That little figure was from a board game, but now I can't remember which one. I'm also looking for a venue to trade toy parts (GI Joe, Transformers, Star Wars) if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks.

20190922_093424.jpg

H is from 1983 GI Joe headquarters.  https://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/83/headquarters/

9 hours ago, srezvan said:

20190922_093424.jpg

A - "Might" be the canopy piece from the Starcom Load Lifter

C - GI Joe vehicle "seatbelt" clip.  It clips to the figure and then slots into a vehicle. 

G - GoBots Baron Von Joy http://www.transformerland.com/wiki/toy-info/gobots-tonka-gobots-super-baron-von-joy-025-/200080/

J - Clone Trooper Blaster Rifle (Pretty sure but not definitely sure)

E - Rock Viper Pistol GI Joe

M - Star Wars Clone Trooper Heavy Blaster Rifle (modern)

P - Boba Fett Prototype Armor Pistol (modern)

R - Star Wars Clone Trooper Blaster (modern)

edit: @srezvan - Found G and I think J is another Clone Trooper gun. 

Edited by Buzzetta

12 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

A - "Might" be the canopy piece from the Starcom Load Lifter

it's not the load lifter canopy.

canopy.JPG.7ce4133349f44e3d2bf2b9daa18c6796.JPG

vs

star.JPG.e468e4404a074aef1647eb701bb8155e.JPG

If I remember right, and my brain cant exactly recall it, it's part of a construction set where you can build spaceships . I remember building with that piece, but I cant remember the KIND of building set it was... 

1 minute ago, miraclemet said:

it's not the load lifter canopy.

canopy.JPG.7ce4133349f44e3d2bf2b9daa18c6796.JPG

vs

star.JPG.e468e4404a074aef1647eb701bb8155e.JPG

If I remember right, and my brain cant exactly recall it, it's part of a construction set where you can build spaceships . I remember building with that piece, but I cant remember the KIND of building set it was... 

You are right! 

I just looked through Construx and Knex pics and don't recognize it from those either.  Now I want to know...

10 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

IT WAS CONSTRUX!!!

(I nearly yelled in my desk)

You can see an example of the canopy on the vehicle below

contrux.JPG.82009aa790215a83f0cb3bb47085b8af.JPG

god did I build a lot with those, and stepping on those blue connectors was like 10x worse than a lego. 

That's great! So glad you unraveled the mystery! One of my best friends had a ton of Construx when we were kids, so we'd have contest called "Construx Racing" where two players would assemble the sturdiest vehicle they could engineer using only the Construx at hand, and then we'd ram them into each other at full speed, over and over again, until the vehicles could no longer roll. Whichever vehicle managed to roll freely for the longest time was the winner.

We tried playing again as adults and the Construx had more or less turned to dust. These plastic toys weren't meant to last decades...especially when they spent most of their life being rammed into each other at top speeds!

Thanks to everyone for helping identify those pieces. I've had them for a while now, and it's nice to know what they are. I completely forgot that I picked up some modern Star Wars in a lot and gave them to my son without evening thinking about the weapons. He's 2, so he'd lose them anyway. The Joe stuff makes sense, since I bought a huge lot of Joes, although I need to do more research on the seat belt since I'm not familiar with it. But the Construx, I never would have gotten that. I never had those as a kid and don't remember seeing them all that much.

56 minutes ago, srezvan said:

Thanks to everyone for helping identify those pieces. I've had them for a while now, and it's nice to know what they are. I completely forgot that I picked up some modern Star Wars in a lot and gave them to my son without evening thinking about the weapons. He's 2, so he'd lose them anyway. The Joe stuff makes sense, since I bought a huge lot of Joes, although I need to do more research on the seat belt since I'm not familiar with it. But the Construx, I never would have gotten that. I never had those as a kid and don't remember seeing them all that much.

In and around 1990 they used those seat belts like on the 1990 Hammer.  It plugged into the seats to hold in figures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSZauJ7rM5c

Edited by whisp

3 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Finally picked one up.

This figure has so many problem spots that i thought id never get one.

Lights and sound work, chrome is great, etc.

Glad to finally get one. 

Patrick

20190927_212946.jpg

20190927_213451.thumb.jpg.5ca9c2a10c4254da6ef1195d8669cce2.jpg

20190927_213236.thumb.jpg.68c4d8b95ec4816ae10f09573560ef23.jpg

I remember getting that for Xmas .... still have it somewhere! 

15 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Finally picked one up.

This figure has so many problem spots that i thought id never get one.

Lights and sound work, chrome is great, etc.

Glad to finally get one. 

Patrick

20190927_212946.jpg

20190927_213451.thumb.jpg.5ca9c2a10c4254da6ef1195d8669cce2.jpg

20190927_213236.thumb.jpg.68c4d8b95ec4816ae10f09573560ef23.jpg

Awesome! This was also a Christmas present for me, always love the design.

8 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Awesome! This was also a Christmas present for me, always love the design.

I just can't believe how big the box is. 

Though it looks awesome, it seems like a huge waste of space. 

Probably should have been sold in robot mode. I know, they didn't sell that way. 

Might have looked better than the gun mode within the box (with the window display). 

Patrick

Edited by followtheleader