• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Haven't bought her yet because I figure Hasbro will be releasing a new one in either 2020 or 2021, but I like the look of it too.  Think I'll go ahead and pick one up now that you've reminded me she exists.

Yeah, I kinda feel like Hasbro is going to get around to all of those harder to find figures at some point, but for the price ($15) I couldn't pass her up. Kinda wish it was the gold variant, I dig that look a little bit more, but all in all I'm pleased to have her.

10 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

It’s been a minute but I found a local spot with some super clean Joes!! :whee:

Best of all I was able to trade in a few extra books for them.

B49B5720-6D3C-499F-A402-0F110C5530C9.jpeg

61CD4E4F-38DB-425C-9405-1F928AE590B0.jpeg

9D809EB7-D999-4C23-A570-144AC7779A34.jpeg

Oh wow, those DO look sharp! Great haul!

4 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I dig the crossbones @F For Fake

Thanks bud, he's cool! Always dug this look. I think he's missing a larger gun, but for the price I was ok with it. 

4 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Oh wow, those DO look sharp! Great haul!

Thanks man! I was shocked that a lot of them looked unplayed with. For the cost I took home both Snake Eyes to put together one really nice one. Unfortunately one had a broken thumb, but that's ok. That will probably be the one I take out for pics.

30 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

What really sticks out is that the Haslab webpage said it was funded at 287%.

Looks like a bug to me.  They got less than 100 backers more than their 8000 backer goal at the end is what I heard; that should mean something like 101% funding.

Edited by fantastic_four

40 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Looks like a bug to me.  They got less than 100 backers more than their 8000 backer goal at the end is what I heard; that should mean something like 101% funding.

I saw the Hasbro affiliate at NYCC (Some third party vendor ?) that was given two Unicrons to display.  They had one in planet mode and the other in robot mode.  As I took some pics, I was approached as to whether or not I was backing it.  I shrugged and said I appreciated it but, "No."  I went through my spiel and in about three sentences said why I did not see a toy at that price as it was a not a licensed property.  She understood that. 

A rising tide raises all ships.   It seems like it was only a few years ago that deluxe figs at the current $19.99 price point were $14.99 and a few years before that were $9.99.  If they can get away with that for Unicron then it will not be shocking when a deluxe is up to $24.99 within the next two years. 

With that said, Cliffjumper and Wheeljack will be mine next year as they are still at a $19.99 price point. 

84E7FA49-3257-4EF5-896E-B43AF243FC84.jpeg

993369A7-7EC5-46B0-BDC3-58D2B7A88491.jpeg

D33A15F8-FAA6-430E-B869-B9CCC1BB7DE4.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

Transformers have never appealed to me.  I was already a teenager by the time they came out, so I was past their target audience.  My 3-year old son appears to like them.  For you guys who like them, help me out here...how much of the appeal is actually transforming them, i.e. physically manipulating the bot to change it from one form to another?  Is that an integral part of it, or is it more the idea of the figure having two modes?  I'm the latter camp, and I do enjoy that aspect of them as I watch the movies.  I ask because while my kid enjoys them, he can't transform them--so it's the job of me and his mom to do the transforming.  :eek:  So far I'm not enjoying doing the transforming much, but I might be approaching it from the wrong frame of mind.  I can generally see how people might like them...they seem like a puzzle, but simpler.

I ask this within the context of Unicron because does anyone look forward to transforming that thing?  It looks like it might take an hour or more to change from one form to the other.  There's a video of someone transforming the recent $450 Optimus Prime that's two feet tall, and it takes him half an hour on the video to do it.  Do most Transformers collectors ENJOY that, a Transformer that takes a while to switch?

Both of my kids claim that another kid at their daycare has a Transformer that lets you push a single button for the figure to transform to or from one form to another.  Is that a thing with Transformers?  THAT sounds more appealing, particularly for the age range my kids are in.

Edited by fantastic_four

21 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I saw the Hasbro affiliate at NYCC (Some third party vendor ?) that was given two Unicrons to display.  They had one in planet mode and the other in robot mode.  As I took some pics, I was approached as to whether or not I was backing it.  I shrugged and said I appreciated it but, "No."  I went through my spiel and in about three sentences said why I did not see a toy at that price as it was a not a licensed property.  She understood that. 

A rising tide raises all ships.   It seems like it was only a few years ago that deluxe figs at the current $19.99 price point were $14.99 and a few years before that were $9.99.  If they can get away with that for Unicron then it will not be shocking when a deluxe is up to $24.99 within the next two years. 

With that said, Cliffjumper and Wheeljack will be mine next year as they are still at a $19.99 price point. 

84E7FA49-3257-4EF5-896E-B43AF243FC84.jpeg

993369A7-7EC5-46B0-BDC3-58D2B7A88491.jpeg

D33A15F8-FAA6-430E-B869-B9CCC1BB7DE4.jpeg

To be sure, it looks super sweet! I'd love to have one at a reasonable price. But at around $600, I just can't justify it. Maybe if he came with a piece of Orson Welles' soul, or if he had motorized Planet Chompin' action, but as is, just can't do it.  Of course, I only collect the G1 stuff, so I can console myself by saying it doesn't fit my collection. 

So one of my projects was to pick up the original Batman Toybiz line from 1989, I had them all as a kid, the film made me a Batman fan. There is an old school collectors shop in my town that sells allsorts, luck would have it he had all of it! Someone sold them to him a few months prior, didnt say if he was a collector or not but I haggled a good deal for the lot.

- Batman, Joker & Bob The Goon, all mint on card with no creases, the cards are flat as a pancake.

- Batmobile w/Cocoon & Batwing, both sealed and never taken out of the box with the boxes as sharp and clean as you could hope to see.

ToyBiz Project Complete!

43 minutes ago, bane said:

So one of my projects was to pick up the original Batman Toybiz line from 1989, I had them all as a kid, the film made me a Batman fan. There is an old school collectors shop in my town that sells allsorts, luck would have it he had all of it! Someone sold them to him a few months prior, didnt say if he was a collector or not but I haggled a good deal for the lot.

- Batman, Joker & Bob The Goon, all mint on card with no creases, the cards are flat as a pancake.

- Batmobile w/Cocoon & Batwing, both sealed and never taken out of the box with the boxes as sharp and clean as you could hope to see.

ToyBiz Project Complete!

Pics please

21 hours ago, bane said:

ToyBiz Project Complete!

Thats great! And I agree, pics please!

I myself have been putting together a loose/mint collection of the Toy Biz DC Super Heroes line that followed the Batman series. I've got the carrying case filled, need to get a second. I've got all four variations of the Penguin and his, uh, missile. I really dig this line because they're legit vintage DC hero toys, but they're still pretty much dirt cheap, so it's not hard to put together a full set. Once I'm finished, I'm going to go back and do the Batman line, hope to get all of the Batman variations.

Cool stuff!

Was just reading about these from a late 90s book on collecting toys. 

Said that some of the figures were stolen/altered molds from the DC Super Powers line. 

Like Mr Freeze vs Lex Luthor.  Robin, both figure and packaging, were super rip-offs.  

Why of interest?  It was 2 different companies and I don't recall a lawsuit. 

Patrick