• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, F For Fake said:

As for Stan Lee, I would only buy a Stan figure if they also eventually made a Jack Kirby action figure, so I could pose Jack kicking the snot out of Funky Flashman.

29 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

I am using this as a quote in my sig

Ahem... there are customs out there... 

42332-1.jpg

58 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Oh man! A lot of great ones there! @jason4

Thank you :)

would you say I'm missing anyone important? Trying to get the best characters only 1 figure of each (except cobra soldier 1983...I made a little squad lol) and staying away from crazy expensive mail-aways.

Edited by jason4

1 hour ago, jason4 said:

would you say I'm missing anyone important? Trying to get the best characters only 1 figure of each (except cobra soldier 1983...I made a little squad lol) and staying away from crazy expensive mail-aways.

You're welcome. All those figs are real solid. The only other ones that i might include would be Bazooka, Shipwreck, and Outback

4 hours ago, jason4 said:

3 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

You're welcome. All those figs are real solid. The only other ones that i might include would be Bazooka, Shipwreck, and Outback

I am going to add something about Outback. Be careful.  It took me four tries until I got Outback mint and complete. 

For the first two times, when Outback shipped his the tab on the flashlight broke and it arrived broken and detached from the leg. Back they went.  When I asked a seller to take it out of the leg and ship it bubble wrapped separate from the body he told me he broke it.  On the fourth attempt I got my Outback.   As I have been selling the bulk of my Joes off, Outback commanded a premium and it sold for a ridiculous price because I advertised the detached unbroken flashlight. 

Be selective on Outback and specific with whoever is shipping him to you.   While I believe that the flashlight broke off because it was weak on one of the first two figures I tried to buy, I believe the second one broke off because the seller included Outback with other figures in the bag and I am guessing one of the other figures knocked out the flashlight in transit.   

So... I would order him separately... good luck though.   They really are amazing figures.  

I want a couple of other things though so sacrifices have to be made. 

4 hours ago, jason4 said:

Also, Scarlett, Lady Jaye, Stormshadow V2, Tunnel Rat, Roadblock, Spirit and Clutch

13 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Also, Scarlett, Lady Jaye, Stormshadow V2, Tunnel Rat, Roadblock, Spirit and Clutch

Tunnel Rat is another good one. So is Shockwave if you want to start getting into later figures.

I think i saw Scarlett in the first pic. I heard she was just casted in the new movie. I just picked up her fig the other day ^^

4 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Tunnel Rat is another good one. So is Shockwave if you want to start getting into later figures.

I think i saw Scarlett in the first pic. I heard she was just casted in the new movie. I just picked up her fig the other day ^^

I may be hoarding a few 1.5's.   Just saying. lol 

20 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Is that a legit CAT?  Looks cool. 

Patrick

Yes I thought it was an awesome looking tank for cobra. Just reprinted stickers everything else original and works paid 175.00. The all black canada one is cool too but hard to find and $$$.

Thanks all for suggestions. I have '82 scarlet in back left 1st pic...very cool character. 

Love this art may get some modern prints or slabs to go with the Joe's someday...

20191015_231925.thumb.jpg.da17b332dc5bf6a706f36d027bfab420.jpg

Hopefully snake eyes (2020) is better than what we had years ago

Edited by jason4

15 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I am going to add something about Outback. Be careful.  It took me four tries until I got Outback mint and complete. 

For the first two times, when Outback shipped his the tab on the flashlight broke and it arrived broken and detached from the leg. Back they went.  When I asked a seller to take it out of the leg and ship it bubble wrapped separate from the body he told me he broke it.  On the fourth attempt I got my Outback.   As I have been selling the bulk of my Joes off, Outback commanded a premium and it sold for a ridiculous price because I advertised the detached unbroken flashlight. 

Be selective on Outback and specific with whoever is shipping him to you.   While I believe that the flashlight broke off because it was weak on one of the first two figures I tried to buy, I believe the second one broke off because the seller included Outback with other figures in the bag and I am guessing one of the other figures knocked out the flashlight in transit.   

So... I would order him separately... good luck though.   They really are amazing figures.  

I want a couple of other things though so sacrifices have to be made. 

When I got back into Joes, I was surprised by how much a complete, mint Outback sells for compared to the other figures in that wave. But it makes sense, the flashlight is fragile and tiny, and it's also difficult to find his machine gun with an unbroken strap. I've sold the gun itself for $10-$15 before.

I picked up a few more Joes the other day and got a repro kit for the Mauler. Straight Arm Grunt, Swivel Arm Scarlet, & Zartan. I had to fix Zartans crotch and he’s missing his accessories but he has both thigh pads with the heat stickers so I didn’t want to leave him behind.

ED9D57F2-04A3-432E-B638-DB716BA62606.jpeg

C2634934-283D-4D59-869A-FE512E5E5F9F.jpeg

2 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I picked up a few more Joes the other day and got a repro kit for the Mauler. Straight Arm Grunt, Swivel Arm Scarlet, & Zartan. I had to fix Zartans crotch and he’s missing his accessories but he has both thigh pads with the heat stickers so I didn’t want to leave him behind.

ED9D57F2-04A3-432E-B638-DB716BA62606.jpeg

C2634934-283D-4D59-869A-FE512E5E5F9F.jpeg

Nice stuff as always! And yeah, i wouldn't leave Zartan behind if he has the thigh and chest armor, that stuff is always missing and makes for good trade bait if you don't need it yourself.

19 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Nice stuff as always! And yeah, i wouldn't leave Zartan behind if he has the thigh and chest armor, that stuff is always missing and makes for good trade bait if you don't need it yourself.

Thanks man! I'm so glad I'm able to get these loose Joes locally. Hopefully I can pick up a few more soon.

1 minute ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Thanks man! I'm so glad I'm able to get these loose Joes locally. Hopefully I can pick up a few more soon.

You never know what's floating around out there. I figured that all of the 80's stuff had surely dried up by now, but the last couple of months have been a bonanza for me on Craigslist, estate sales, and Facebook. Joes, Transformers, Secret Wars, etc. That stuff is still out there, go get it!

On 10/7/2019 at 1:05 PM, fantastic_four said:

Transformers have never appealed to me.  I was already a teenager by the time they came out, so I was past their target audience.  My 3-year old son appears to like them.  For you guys who like them, help me out here...how much of the appeal is actually transforming them, i.e. physically manipulating the bot to change it from one form to another?  Is that an integral part of it, or is it more the idea of the figure having two modes?  I'm the latter camp, and I do enjoy that aspect of them as I watch the movies.  I ask because while my kid enjoys them, he can't transform them--so it's the job of me and his mom to do the transforming.  :eek:  So far I'm not enjoying doing the transforming much, but I might be approaching it from the wrong frame of mind.  I can generally see how people might like them...they seem like a puzzle, but simpler.

I ask this within the context of Unicron because does anyone look forward to transforming that thing?  It looks like it might take an hour or more to change from one form to the other.  There's a video of someone transforming the recent $450 Optimus Prime that's two feet tall, and it takes him half an hour on the video to do it.  Do most Transformers collectors ENJOY that, a Transformer that takes a while to switch?

Both of my kids claim that another kid at their daycare has a Transformer that lets you push a single button for the figure to transform to or from one form to another.  Is that a thing with Transformers?  THAT sounds more appealing, particularly for the age range my kids are in.

I have similar thoughts on the modern Transformers.  I bought a few to hopefully get my young son involved in transforming them.  So, we bought one called Transformers Unite Devastator (I think) for ages 8+.  It was way too time consuming to transform it.  He has no interest or patience to spend more than 2 minutes on it.  The 1980s stuff, I could play and transform them back and forth.  It may take 10-15 seconds to transform car to robot for example.  When the transformations are so complex &/or time consuming it really can't be part of the play value.  So, while I do like the look of the Masterpiece line for example, it would end up being a display piece on the shelf as I would find transforming it to be a chore. 

$16.99 on Amazon?  I don't know anything about Overwatch... but I do know that this winter I want to design a compact spaceport on a 32 x 32 baseplate...  This will fit in somewhere... bought a second one to hopefully offer in a contest I want to run.   To me it is a bounty hunter hamster and his wrecking ball / mech / spaceship.  Too cool... 

81y8NFxBLQL._AC_SL1500_.jpg