• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

On 10/27/2019 at 9:31 AM, Buzzetta said:

I am not oblivious to the fact that all the MOC stuff is not going to last indefinitely... The bagged figure will last longer I think.  However I would like to keep both for now though. 

Are you referring to the glue that holds the bubble to the card? 

1 hour ago, miraclemet said:

Are you referring to the glue that holds the bubble to the card? 

Glue and the bubble itself.  The glue is not getting any stronger over time and the bubble is not becoming less brittle over time.  I have 5 AFA MOC figures and all of them are stored away laying flat.  Once I start seeing more broken and separating bubbles on AFA graded SW figures that is when I will cash in.  I feel that a lot of MOC Toy buying is playing hot potato.

That's why I started selling off the GI Joes almost immediately after I completed my collection.  I started seeing more and more people looking to fix figures that broke if you sneezed toward them.  I also started to see too many people posting pics of AFA graded figures that had snapped while on card or developed elbow cracks at the rivets.  They were cool to have for a few months and I indulged myself but I can keep some and sell the rest for profit.  

The SW figures were made of a much better plastic so I do not mind keeping them indefinitely. 

9 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Once I start seeing more broken and separating bubbles on AFA graded SW figures that is when I will cash in.  I feel that a lot of MOC Toy buying is playing hot potato.

Already seeing it. Have had a few perfectly clear bubbles crack and one where the bubble started to separate from glue failure.

46 minutes ago, Shadow Images said:

Already seeing it. Have had a few perfectly clear bubbles crack and one where the bubble started to separate from glue failure.

Seen a 'few'... but not enough 'yet' if that makes any sense. 

I have a ROTJ MOC Fett that I would one day sell... (not now), and the others are the ESB 1st Cardback of Yoda, ESB 1st Cardback of Hoth Rebel Soldier, the Jedi Luke POTF figure and a SW 21 Back Hammerhead with a Rocket Firing Fett Offer.   Those I think I would keep also for as long as possible. 

I do not believe i have more than $350 invested in any of them as I bought the Fett and Yoda many many years ago... 10-15? with the Luke being the most I ever spent at $350.   I don't think I ever posted my Hammerhead here... I never had the figure as a kid but was always fascinated by him.  I wound up picking up my first Hammerhead when going after the complete SW collection loose... Since then I have the Gentle Giant Jumbo figure, (Only Jumbo I own) the AFA MOC, and a few loose figures.   More on those on another day.  

9 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I had been saving up for a bit on the Joes, but the vehicles were a complete surprise. What looks like a yellow fang is an action force SAS Hawk with Blades pilot that is redeco of trip wire. The Vamp looks like it is the Takara version since it has the Japanese decals but it is either the same mold as the sears or is the overstock. It even has the 84’ Hasbro stamp even though the Takara is an 86 release. If anyone has anymore info please let me know....I've also seen the Takara without the molded shovel that has an 82 Hasbro stamp.

06345F88-4CDE-4156-8268-FDB8198AE4F0.jpeg

6CBE3F66-6349-415B-98B0-825C11828CFE.jpeg

DA8D42AB-685A-4D0A-8FCA-40EEABA960C9.jpeg

1D123F6C-71E3-49EE-B993-2357E79EEAA5.jpeg

I am thinking that they would have retained the date stamp based on the mold. So the 82' is the American release and the 84 was the Sears version.  I would guess that when Hasbro passed the molds off to Takara that they handed off the 84 stamped molds with the shovel.  It is not completely unusual for re-releases of certain toys back then to retain the date stamps. 

On 10/28/2019 at 12:28 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I had been saving up for a bit on the Joes, but the vehicles were a complete surprise. What looks like a yellow fang is an action force SAS Hawk with Blades pilot that is redeco of trip wire. The Vamp looks like it is the Takara version since it has the Japanese decals but it is either the same mold as the sears or is the overstock. It even has the 84’ Hasbro stamp even though the Takara is an 86 release. If anyone has anymore info please let me know....I've also seen the Takara without the molded shovel that has an 82 Hasbro stamp.

06345F88-4CDE-4156-8268-FDB8198AE4F0.jpeg

6CBE3F66-6349-415B-98B0-825C11828CFE.jpeg

DA8D42AB-685A-4D0A-8FCA-40EEABA960C9.jpeg

1D123F6C-71E3-49EE-B993-2357E79EEAA5.jpeg

That SAS Hawk and Tripwire are boss! Man, always something new to look for!

11 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I may have gone down a rabbit hole. Some of that action force stuff is pretty cool :takeit:

No kidding. I've avoided the international stuff for the most part, but you may have started something here!

1 hour ago, archiecomicscollector said:

"From Super7, Archie and the gang are joining the ReAction retro figure line. Based on the classic comic series, each Archie ReAction figure stands 3.75 inches tall and features five points of articulation (Release Date: December 2019/January 2020)." 

What do you think? I love the packaging! I may have to get two sets, so I can open one! (thumbsu 

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail-1.jpg

thumbnail-2.jpg

thumbnail-3.jpg

thumbnail-4.jpg

So Archie and the gang can now fit in the Falcon?  YES !

Happy to be going after the Dr Aphra SW Black Series figures ... :x

Aced out at local Walmarts and GameStops, I ordered these two from Hasbro Pulse & Triple Zero is coming next week from a GameStop in Illinois. Even BigBadToyStore sold out. 

1821233822_IMG_20191031_1809022162.thumb.jpg.a1d8239c9f0fbaac98dbc150d92426c6.jpg

6 hours ago, archiecomicscollector said:

"From Super7, Archie and the gang are joining the ReAction retro figure line. Based on the classic comic series, each Archie ReAction figure stands 3.75 inches tall and features five points of articulation (Release Date: December 2019/January 2020)." 

What do you think? I love the packaging! I may have to get two sets, so I can open one! (thumbsu 

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail-1.jpg

thumbnail-2.jpg

thumbnail-3.jpg

thumbnail-4.jpg

Very cool packaging. 

Patrick

On 10/31/2019 at 5:33 PM, archiecomicscollector said:

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail-1.jpg

thumbnail-2.jpg

thumbnail-3.jpg

thumbnail-4.jpg

I haven't bought new figures in a LONG TIME. These are tempting.