• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,323 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Picked this up today. 

Definitely released after my childhood toy buying time, but it caught my eye and was pretty cheap. 

Always been a sucker for Aircraft Carriers. 

Patrick

20191214_184525.jpg

20191214_184703.jpg

20191214_184719.jpg

That is cool🆒🆒you don’t often see too many carrier related items or toys🆒🆒

On 12/14/2019 at 9:24 PM, followtheleader said:

Picked this up today. 

Definitely released after my childhood toy buying time, but it caught my eye and was pretty cheap. 

Always been a sucker for Aircraft Carriers. 

Patrick

20191214_184525.jpg

20191214_184703.jpg

20191214_184719.jpg

Tool cool! I loved Micro Machines as a kid, but haven't collected them as an adult at all. I ran into a big collection at an estate sale this summer and thought about picking them up, but decided that the last thing I need to do is start a new collection! But that is super cool!

If anyone is buying Marvel Legends, Bestbuy.com has some pretty good sale prices going right now. The recent X-Factor 2-pack for $29, the Wolvie/Hulk and Colossus/Juggernaut packs for $45. You could do worse!

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=marvel+legends&_dyncharset=UTF-8&_dynSessConf=&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

Also, gamestop is having a 25% off sale on their toys, but I didn't find much available for shipping. You may have better luck in store.

Hi everybody.  I've been away from action figure collecting for ten years or so.  Lately I've been wondering about grading some of my vintage carded figs. Is figure grading still a good investment (like cgc) or if it has fallen out of favor with modern collectors?  If it's still a good idea what company do you guys use?  Is AFA still the standard?  Thanks for your help :)

18 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I'll be posting a few things I picked up this weekend. 

This one - I know, cheap and common. 

But I couldn't leave without it.  Love the simple design; the yellow pops. 

20191216_183645.thumb.jpg.a7b39dc334469b21558a2bc34ed55f17.jpg

Love it! I'm a Pac collector myself, I don't have one of these, though!

2 hours ago, BrooksR said:

Hi everybody.  I've been away from action figure collecting for ten years or so.  Lately I've been wondering about grading some of my vintage carded figs. Is figure grading still a good investment (like cgc) or if it has fallen out of favor with modern collectors?  If it's still a good idea what company do you guys use?  Is AFA still the standard?  Thanks for your help :)

Hi @BrooksR

AFA is the only company, provided you are in the U.S. If you are in the UK, then UKG is your best bet. Stay far away from any other company calling themselves a "grader."

The economics of grading still remain most viable with rarer toys where impartial grading assists most through its authentication function, and any assignment of grade is secondary.

The market still has high grade chasers, but there's been an overall softening across the board. Even some of the premium stuff isn't moving as fast as it once did.

Loose figure grading I'd reserve for higher value, rarer, foreign or prototypes. You're less likely to see any return after grading fees and shipping on your run of the mill figures. Variants have sort of dropped off the cliff as well, they aren't selling as strong or as fast as they were even a year ago.

If you just want to protect or display your stuff in cases, there's plenty of sliding bottom acrylic cases for loose figures and MOC's that will do just as good a job of preserving your collection.

You or anyone here wondering about any of the above can PM me anytime. I'd be happy to direct you to the right resources and reputable people that offer supplies and casing solutions.

Edited by comicwiz

2 hours ago, BrooksR said:

Hi there! Unfortunately I think most of us who post regularly in here are loose figure collectors, as we share a fear of figures and bubbles deteriorating inside of their plastic grading cases (for example, lots of graded GI Joes out there have snapped in half on their cards as their o-rings disintegrated, and there's also the matter of Star Wars figures with "frosted" bubbles, among other carded collector fears), so I'm not sure most of us will be much help. 

I found these the other day. My buddy got the Night Raven since I have one already. I gave him a couple extra parts I had to help get it going. The X-19 is pretty cool. I look forward to clearing up my workspace to get started on it. It has the nose cone and all the landing gear works good. 

B20AA357-7C4F-46C6-9B3D-671E4CC78A37.jpeg

22EBC122-1FCF-4EC8-9D9E-0960A45FF173.jpeg

1 hour ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I found these the other day. My buddy got the Night Raven since I have one already. I gave him a couple extra parts I had to help get it going. The X-19 is pretty cool. I look forward to clearing up my workspace to get started on it. It has the nose cone and all the landing gear works good. 

B20AA357-7C4F-46C6-9B3D-671E4CC78A37.jpeg

22EBC122-1FCF-4EC8-9D9E-0960A45FF173.jpeg

Nice! The nosecone is tough to find these days. I always liked that jet, I need to grab one some day!

13 minutes ago, sagii said:

Pick from earlier this year, 60's Bugs Bunny Tricky Rider, with Box. Fresh from the Looney Tunery 

20191217_160200.jpg

20191217_160239.jpg

20191217_160304.jpg

Love the vibrant colors!

5 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

What is the sub from?  If Joes, it has to be more recent (like late 90s or newer). 

The Raven is so tight. 

Patrick