• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, archiecomicscollector said:
My set of Archie ReAction Figures by Super7 finally arrived! I hope there is enough interest in this series, as I'd love to see classic Katy Keene, Josie and the Pussycats, and Sabrina the Teenage Witch figures. 

1234425959_ScreenShot2019-12-30at5_26_01PM.png.5894765b045315ae27448fe91ad7f54b.png

They look great! Where do slowpokes like me order these?

5 hours ago, 999ghosts said:

Carbonized edition just arrived. 

MandaCarbo.thumb.jpg.7d7bc99c68ae5199843d2ad3eb79fae5.jpg

I have the regular version... The only thing that kills me is that by the third, (4th?) episode, he gets a large upgrade in the armor department.  I already want a redesign lol. 

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I have the regular version... The only thing that kills me is that by the third, (4th?) episode, he gets a large upgrade in the armor department.  I already want a redesign lol. 

I'm sure you'll get it within months...the original version sold out pretty much immediately.

26 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I'm sure you'll get it within months...the original version sold out pretty much immediately.

It would be a partial remold as the leg armor and shoulder armor are completely different.  They could get away with the head and leaving the chest plate as is but using a new art deco. the limbs though would need to be remolded.  I don't think that version of the figure is even close to being produced given the fact that Hasbro took preorders last month for the 3 3/4" version to be released next summer.  I know you are familiar with the lead in time required to make a movie or tv toy.  But who knows with this one?  Look how far behind they are with "Baby Yoda."

7 hours ago, comicwiz said:

You can find them online at Super7 and preorder them from several toy retailers including Big Bad Toy Store, Entertainment Earth, Things from Another World. Super7 released them on their website just before Christmas, so most retailers probably won't have them online (and/or in stores until mid/late-January 2020).

I already want to order another set, so I can open one! lol 

On 12/29/2019 at 2:35 AM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I picked up a few more Joes from the original owner collection I’ve been chipping away at. Although Flash I finally broke my online shopping hiatus and got him sent to me. I only need a few more of the original 16. Zap, Clutch, & Steeler. I was glad to find the trouble bubble complete and in nice shape 

17F05F0D-2A91-416E-A9BF-284374E06A31.jpeg

2C1F02DB-0551-471D-902C-D38AF4AD9A91.jpeg

6FD4C564-539B-42B0-954B-8E7B05930D8F.jpeg

CB879745-0D5D-4404-AF9F-C55AA6FC3BF1.jpeg

Beauties!

On 12/29/2019 at 4:38 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

40 min drive this morning. So worth it! I can’t believed I scored all these :whee:

B80BE4C5-7D3B-4E0B-903E-4548C43BD68E.jpeg

2B005B80-4F17-45C0-A7C0-45D3926BDF11.jpeg

C96C2399-2EB8-43CF-9D18-179E41C8FE86.jpeg

9CE14043-39E8-401C-AC47-B16750C23379.jpeg

E31B0A0E-64E6-4987-860F-C74E4E63A78A.jpeg

84DBC473-F7E6-43D3-A79A-629C2717FEBE.jpeg

Sweet haul, love it!

9 hours ago, comicwiz said:

@comicwiz looks like BBTS has them for preorder.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?HideInStock=false&HidePreorder=false&HideSoldOut=false&InventoryStatus=i%2Cp%2Cso&Series=29&PageSize=20&SortOrder=BestSelling&SearchText=Archie

update: if I'd bothered to scroll up I'd have seen that @archiecomicscollector Had you covered!

Edited by F For Fake

On 12/29/2019 at 6:06 PM, Buzzetta said:

Ya just don't see this stuff in NY anymore... amazing 

On 12/29/2019 at 1:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@STORMSHADOW_80 GOOOAL! :) :whee: 

On 12/31/2019 at 1:14 PM, F For Fake said:

Sweet haul, love it!

Thanks Dudes! Probably my best find of 2019! I'm about half way through the cleaning and putting back together process. Lots of fun. I have to wait for my local hardware store to restock o-rings lol

On 12/31/2019 at 4:25 PM, F For Fake said:

Still reeling from the holidays, so haven't had much extra toy cash, but the toy mall had a sale at several booths, so I had to pick up a couple of cheap things.

I don't often buy newer Joes, but for $12, complete with figure, I couldn't pass up this Basilisk. Inherent design flaws aside, I've always loved the Snowcat mold, and the colors are striking. I had a couple of Snowcats and the Tiger Cat as a kid. Maybe someday I'll track down all of the different variations of this mold.

I already have a complete set of Xamot/Tomas accessories (not shown) but didn't currently have the figures, so these seemed like a decent pickup to complete my set. Paint is ok, not perfect, but they're clean and the joints are nice and tight.

And finally, my Secret Wars hoarding continues! I don't see Hobby often. I run into the other second wave figs (DD, Falcon, Black Spidey) fairly often, but not him for some reason. Missing the glider (which is where the money is) and paint is only so-so, but I just couldn't leave him behind.

IMG_9341.JPG

IMG_9342.JPG

IMG_9343.JPG

! Thanks man, I hadn't even noticed yet!

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

! Thanks man, I hadn't even noticed yet!

No problem. The only reason I noticed was I spent forever scratching my head last night with mine. Turns out I have an incorrect waist piece so I don't have as many extras as I thought. I've been putting that guide book to good use this last year.

11 hours ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

2425A678-144B-4744-9228-7CC23CCB997B.thumb.jpeg.ce8a42382c88fab15ed5de1e3faafa52.jpeg

Is the robe "flocked"? it looks fuzzy! I dig this. To me, Star Wars always feels a little Christmas-y, because as a kid, I always got some sort of SW stuff for Christmas! And this character in particular, I vividly recall getting the figure for Christmas. That solid red was always so striking. I have several SW ornaments for the tree, but hadn't seen this one. May have to track it down!

11 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Is the robe "flocked"? it looks fuzzy! I dig this. To me, Star Wars always feels a little Christmas-y, because as a kid, I always got some sort of SW stuff for Christmas! And this character in particular, I vividly recall getting the figure for Christmas. That solid red was always so striking. I have several SW ornaments for the tree, but hadn't seen this one. May have to track it down!

I hear you on the Star Wars Christmas vibe! The robe is fuzzy and velvety over hard plastic. The box says limited but I wonder how limited it really is.