• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,341 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Few pick-ups.  Thought I'd share on some lesser known/popular figs.  Takes me a long time to add some figures to my collection as I'm a condition freak. 

Toxo-Viper - Pretty common figure to find. 

Problematic for two reasons: 1) The nose is always rubbed.  Notorious problem and makes the figure look terrible.  Why?  His huge face-covering helmet and the light paint over purple.  2) Split elbows are super common. 

In the pic, both have great noses.  But the left figure arms show the awful splits while the right are great. 

20200103_183731.thumb.jpg.e306be254b75d4c595e68738e299fc71.jpgT

Tiger Force Frostbite - Not rare, but becoming more desirable due to the sub-team interest. 

Wanted one for a bit.  Again, two major issues are often seen.  1) Goggles always have significant paint wear.  Why?  The gold paint is really weak.  2) Stupid elbows again.  Side note: Elbow issue is much worse for later figures than earlier ones (minus the 1st year).  

20200103_183809.thumb.jpg.3913b003ee138d118efd130e9cc84b4d.jpg

Saw this horrid vehicle called the Battle Ax.  Definitely would not have bought it. 

But what delight did I see on it from afar?  A wonderful orange axe sticking up.  

Upon asking to view it up close, there was a wonderful Red Ninjas on it. 

Yeah, I'm not making up that name.  Not Red Ninja (which is also terrible, but better than plural).   It's Red Ninjas!

Now this is a tough figure to find.   And he's in killer shape.   

20200103_183932.thumb.jpg.806674c930c00fadc33930be3e7feda6.jpg20200103_183952.thumb.jpg.cf921718cf8da3743e42b82fc64beba0.jpg

Patrick

I used to collect G.I. Joe figures, specifically the lines from 1984 to 86. I managed to find most of the characters I wanted in really nice shape but the search drove me nuts due to the various issues you mentioned, cracked elbows, weak paint applications and broken crotches. After a while I lost interest, I also feared for the toys safety as I moved to Colorado and worried the altitude would age them. About five or six years ago I sold them all off to accommodate a special comic book purchase. This thread almost makes me miss those Joes.  

Edited by Brandon Shepherd

Yeaaaaaaah...

I'm going to need some of those blind bag DC heroes...

Unless Lego makes peace with Hasbro or does a sub license do not expect Lego to do the same with the Marvel characters.  However, Lego COULD do something like a battle pack and sell four figures with a mini vehicle like they do with the Star Wars Lego Battle Packs.   That's how they got around hasbro's complaints the last time. 

33 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Yeaaaaaaah...

I'm going to need some of those blind bag DC heroes...

Unless Lego makes peace with Hasbro or does a sub license do not expect Lego to do the same with the Marvel characters.  However, Lego COULD do something like a battle pack and sell four figures with a mini vehicle like they do with the Star Wars Lego Battle Packs.   That's how they got around hasbro's complaints the last time. 

In case you're curious, here are the other ones I picked up.

IMG_9612.jpg

On 1/5/2020 at 8:03 AM, Brandon Shepherd said:

I used to collect G.I. Joe figures, specifically the lines from 1984 to 86. I managed to find most of the characters I wanted in really nice shape but the search drove me nuts due to the various issues you mentioned, cracked elbows, weak paint applications and broken crotches. After a while I lost interest, I also feared for the toys safety as I moved to Colorado and worried the altitude would age them. About five or six years ago I sold them all off to accommodate a special comic book purchase. This thread almost makes me miss those Joes.  

It's not too late to get back into it! Join us in frittering away our savings on tiny plastic men! JOIN US!

4 hours ago, royaluglydudes said:

Does anyone know if the Lego DC minifigs are available at any stores other than The Lego Store yet?  Haven't seen them pop up.

Great pulls, btw.

I've only seen them in Lego stores so far, but I'll post here when I see them anywhere else.