• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, archiecomicscollector said:

Love seeing all the ornaments!

I have a few Archie ornaments, including this set from Presents, a division of Hamilton Gifts, c. 1988, in my collection.  

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 10.04.13 PM.png

Wow, that is so cool. I've never seen Archie ornaments before

16 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Todd got the DC license for the next three years.  I like what he’s doing with this.

I haven't seen them in hand yet (though they are apparently popping up at Targets and Walmarts as we speak) but so far I'm not a fan based on the pics. For one, he went with the 7" scale, which I guess puts them in line with his normal figure lines, and maybe with DC Essentials, but they won't work with the Mattel DCUC and Multiverse figs. So, that's a bummer, as that's the scale I collect. Also not a fan of his articulation and the way it's cut into the sculpts. But again, this is just from pics, I can't pass full judgment until I pick a couple up. I'll at least give them a shot and buy one or two. The Superman figure looks like the best of the bunch, the Batman looks ok, the Animated figs look weird, the Harley looks terrible. From the pics I'd say the Hell Bat Armor is the real star, which make sense, as that sort of sculpting is right in Toddy's wheelhouse. So, it may not be a total loss. Trying to remain open-minded in tandem with being unimpressed with what has shown up thus far.

I hate to embrace a new scale, but we'll see how it goes. If he keeps the character selection diverse, I may be on board. A lot of the disappointed folks are saying they'll pick them up on clearance. I don't see that happening. McFarlane has a big following and this is McFarlane doing DC. These things are going to sell quickly, at least early on. 

12 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

A Boba Fett Army! :headbang:

I sold all of my Star Wars Lego stuff last year (and the rest of the Lego stuff a few months ago) so I am telling myself I am going to be strong and not get these. But man...they're cool.

5 minutes ago, jason4 said:

So I finished what I wanted from gi joe and moved on to star wars. This stuff is alot cheaper than silver age key comics so I'm loving the fun of collecting them. Still quite valuable tho. I just need a yoda to be happy but I'm saving up for a great one moc. And yes this is my closet lol. Keeps everything away from little ones and I really have no where else to put it. About 45k in collectibles mostly in the comics...mostly. 

20200108_202955.jpg

20200108_203027.jpg

20200108_203005.jpg

20200108_203046.jpg

20200108_203037.jpg

20200108_203054.jpg

20200108_203120.jpg

Great collection!!

3 hours ago, jason4 said:

20200108_203005.jpg

Is that the Sears CAT?  Looks like a foreign language on the sticker.  I'll have look at mine to see if it's on either. 

Would love to see a close-up pic of that Michael Jordan RC. 

Great collection.  I still need a couple of those for my collection. 

Patrick

8 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Is that the Sears CAT?  Looks like a foreign language on the sticker.  I'll have look at mine to see if it's on either. 

Would love to see a close-up pic of that Michael Jordan RC. 

Great collection.  I still need a couple of those for my collection. 

Patrick

It is the Sears cat. It is in English on the stickers. They are replica stickers. Tank is in great original condition otherwise and motor works and cost me only 175.00.  

This jordan card was the one basketball card I had to have. It's a 5 psa because higher I couldn't afford with all my other stuff I wanted to collect. It's still worth more than all of the gi joe and star wars stuff by far and cost me about 1400.00 after tax and shipping on ebayScreenshot_20191101-153045_Gallery.thumb.jpg.223e77835db49d80b68d209f32bf3e3d.jpg

13 hours ago, jason4 said:

So I finished what I wanted from gi joe and moved on to star wars. This stuff is alot cheaper than silver age key comics so I'm loving the fun of collecting them. Still quite valuable tho. I just need a yoda to be happy but I'm saving up for a great one moc. And yes this is my closet lol. Keeps everything away from little ones and I really have no where else to put it. About 45k in collectibles mostly in the comics...mostly. 

20200108_202955.jpg

20200108_203027.jpg

20200108_203005.jpg

20200108_203046.jpg

20200108_203037.jpg

20200108_203054.jpg

20200108_203120.jpg

Awesome stuff all around! :golfclap:

Sorry, thought I posted this earlier today. 

Thanks for loading the RC pic.  Very cool. 

Saw this and thought it was cool.  Not something I'd buy, but next phase if they can do it with TFs:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/9/21057762/robosen-transformer-t9-robot-toy-ces-2020

Patrick

On 1/7/2020 at 6:28 PM, Buzzetta said:

Todd got the DC license for the next three years.  I like what he’s doing with this.

I couldn't be more disappointed.  The armored Superman and Batman figures are the highlights, but everything else is mediocre.  None of that is my issue...it's the 7 inch scale.  They won't fit in with the more standard 6" scale other toy companies make, so there's no chance of mixing them in with my Marvel displays.  It's probably going to be all Mafex DC figures in my display since they're using the more standard scale.

Was going to sell it on eBay but... I realized that it was too much fun looking to sell... and after Filoni said that the bearded Endor trooper is Old Man Rex I kind of had to keep it. 

Figure I’ll take a break from some work - finish watching rebels and perhaps be keeping this to incorporate into the 2020 LEGO project lol 

DECA4C39-E43B-47E5-9D0E-F6578D6B899F.jpeg