• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,308 posts in this topic

On 1/12/2020 at 4:18 PM, srezvan said:

Where did you get the display?

I don't remember. I nearly forgot I had it. It was funny that he spotted it, I am organized, but I have a lot of displays I picked-up over the years. I look for floor merchandisers for this reason, I repurpose them for shows, etc. It just worked out that the colour scheme was the same as the carded line. I just had to create the graphics for the header.

@comicwiz

Joe, what a coincidence you posted this pic. 

I was just emailed about this and was going to post it here and let you know that BBTS is taking pre-orders for the more accurately sized Hasbro Tie Fighter in ESB 'vintage' packaging.  They are immediately offering the deep discount at $35.  Not bad when the Star Wars versions were going for the full $80.   It even comes with the Tie Pilot which at today's prices are $12.99 retail.  It's a pretty good deal if you want to get him something 'swooshable" 

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/86253

863d81a6-ce6a-4d03-abfa-202c83d63ee9.jpg

On 1/12/2020 at 8:41 PM, F For Fake said:

Awesome! Love it! I love Mego, but I sold all of mine last year. I had to re-focus my collecting, and I wasn't as invested in Mego as I am other lines, so I cut them loose. But man are those ever cool!

Thanks! Megos were my guys growing up... bring back great memories!  Plus as an added bonus? There's the second smile that comes from memories of seeing them used in Twisted Toyfare Theater comics, which I always found hilarious!

33 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Independent?  So who is it?  A fan, or some company that's done figures before?

Hasbro.

The information was leaked from vendors.

12 hours ago, comicwiz said:

I don't know where he gets it ;)

I have half of the basement filled with spinner racks, floor merchandisers for my carded collection, and a few other shelves where I have my boxed/carded toys displayed. I'm sure he got the idea from seeing them.

I told him he had the option of opening them if he wanted to play with them. He said he wanted to think about it. Then I saw him placing them in the corner of his desk, and next thing I know he asks me if he can have the display downstairs.

It worked out great all in all. I also have a large tupperware bin of loose figures I've picked-up over the years from large collection lots, with tonnes of Star Wars figures. Some of them he recognizes from watching the older movies and The Mandalorian. He's got a few of those kicking around. I also have a few carrying cases filled with vintage Star Wars if he wants to play with them.

Here's an old picture we took when the local paper wrote an article on my collection. This was taken a day or two before The Force Awakens hit the theater. He was only four here, but he loved playing with that Falcon even if it was setup as a photo shoot.

Ah, that makes sense, he's already got so many of your loose figures to play with that he's mostly past it and is in collecting mode with the new trilogy stuff.

Looks like both of your sons inherited your hobby!  Is the older one still into some kind of collecting?

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
38 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Independent?  So who is it?  A fan, or some company that's done figures before?

Hasbro.

The information was leaked from vendors.

Oh, I thought you meant the company was independent, but you meant the wave's characters are independent from the film.

I'm skeptical it will sell, but it'll be interesting to see.  I collected GI Joe as a pre-teen and as a much younger kid played with those single-colored plastic army men, but I'm not sure now how popular military-themed toys will be with kids or their parents.

48 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Ah, that makes sense, he's already got so many of your loose figures to play with that he's mostly past it and is in collecting mode with the new trilogy stuff.

Looks like both of your sons inherited your hobby!  Is the older one still into some kind of collecting?

Kind of, sort of. He was really loving The Mandalorian, and I gave him a few loose vintage figures after I showed him where they were referenced in the OT. He has a display in his room with a bunch of different things which include toys. There's a lot competing for their time these days. He's at that age now where he's starting to want to hang out more with friends. Screens are a challenge, whether it's on the console, computer or phone. He's working out every day, so I think girls might be somewhere in the mix. He asked for a guitar this Christmas, which we would love to see develop into a musical interest he pursues.

18 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

It’s being reported that retailers are taking orders...

6” GI Joe line independent from upcoming Snake Eyes movie.  Figures will be like Star Wars Black Series and Marvel Legends. 

6 Figure Case breakdown reported. 

2 x Snake Eyes

1 x Destro

1 x Scarlett

1 x Roadblock

1 x Duke

@STORMSHADOW_80

I can't wait! I just wish they were doing more with the first run. :whee:

On 1/11/2020 at 6:08 PM, followtheleader said:

One of the glorious finds from the collection I bought a few weeks back. 

Real dusty. 

Pretty complete including the 2 chairs and cockpit cover. 

One of my favs.  May be one of the few that I pose on a stand in a room when we finally move. 

Patrick

20200111_174423.jpg

20200111_174428.jpg

Wowza! That's a beauty! Congrats!