• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Ok here we go. 

Those of us who were kids in the 80s remember Mad Balls... The baseball sized monster gross things. Squishy and apt to decompose over the decades they are hard to find in great condition or MOC.

Screenshot_20200115-185942.thumb.png.58060a508363f5cbbff9612d7d4f26df.png

They were popular enough for a short lived cartoon and even a comic book.

As a kid we had a couple, but the toy I really remember was the version of madballs that was an action figure that had a trigger on the back that would shoot the head off. Now the heads were slightly soft, but mostly firm and I remember running around the house shooting my madball figures head at my brother...

I've seen one or two for sale in the last year, but at steep prices (though they still seemed to sell) finally someone had one listed under $200 with an OBO so I figured what the heck and threw a low-ball offer at em (40% off), well he countered back for only $10 more so I jumped at it. 

MVIMG_20200115_184524.thumb.jpg.ed1bf8f67749b42026d67aa22599587a.jpgimageproxy.php?img=&key=c846ed7a40be7761

The card has some stress and a bit of wear around the hook, but the bubble is secure and strong and the colors on the card and figure are AMAZING! I'm so exstatic, but now I have to find a case to fit it. Taller than a Star Wars carded figure, and deeper, so it'll take a little hunting.

I remember! The 80's :headbang:

Were these also the the ones with finger holes to make the mouth move?

1 hour ago, miraclemet said:

Ok here we go. 

Those of us who were kids in the 80s remember Mad Balls... The baseball sized monster gross things. Squishy and apt to decompose over the decades they are hard to find in great condition or MOC.

Screenshot_20200115-185942.thumb.png.58060a508363f5cbbff9612d7d4f26df.png

They were popular enough for a short lived cartoon and even a comic book.

As a kid we had a couple, but the toy I really remember was the version of madballs that was an action figure that had a trigger on the back that would shoot the head off. Now the heads were slightly soft, but mostly firm and I remember running around the house shooting my madball figures head at my brother...

I've seen one or two for sale in the last year, but at steep prices (though they still seemed to sell) finally someone had one listed under $200 with an OBO so I figured what the heck and threw a low-ball offer at em (40% off), well he countered back for only $10 more so I jumped at it. 

MVIMG_20200115_184524.thumb.jpg.ed1bf8f67749b42026d67aa22599587a.jpgimageproxy.php?img=&key=c846ed7a40be7761

The card has some stress and a bit of wear around the hook, but the bubble is secure and strong and the colors on the card and figure are AMAZING! I'm so exstatic, but now I have to find a case to fit it. Taller than a Star Wars carded figure, and deeper, so it'll take a little hunting.

Loved these as a kid and had quite a few of them. I see there is a market for Super Soakers as well nowadays .... ah the fun we had before the internet :)

On 1/13/2020 at 6:57 PM, Buzzetta said:

@comicwiz

Joe, what a coincidence you posted this pic. 

I was just emailed about this and was going to post it here and let you know that BBTS is taking pre-orders for the more accurately sized Hasbro Tie Fighter in ESB 'vintage' packaging.  They are immediately offering the deep discount at $35.  Not bad when the Star Wars versions were going for the full $80.   It even comes with the Tie Pilot which at today's prices are $12.99 retail.  It's a pretty good deal if you want to get him something 'swooshable" 

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/86253

863d81a6-ce6a-4d03-abfa-202c83d63ee9.jpg

Thanks for the info, just ordered mine. Sucks being in Canada though, shipping is 28 dollars. Pretty much a 2 for 1 deal, but still cheaper than 80 bucks

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I remember! The 80's :headbang:

Were these also the the ones with finger holes to make the mouth move?

No these are just balls, I do know what you are thinking of though. Just cannot remember the names of it. 

They had 3 or four finger slots and could articulate quite well. Made out of some sort of foam rubber

Just now, IkewithMike said:

No these are just balls, I do know what you are thinking of though. Just cannot remember the names of it. 

They had 3 or four finger slots and could articulate quite well. Made out of some sort of foam rubber

Ya that's the one! I didn't have many toys as a kid, but had friends that did lol so I dont think I ever got to see too much original packaging.... :shy:

this one looks like fun and has some of the same crazy faces :)

10 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ya that's the one! I didn't have many toys as a kid, but had friends that did lol so I dont think I ever got to see too much original packaging.... :shy:

I had one, which is why I remember, I do know that it was second hand, so I never saw packaging for it either 

19 hours ago, D84 said:

Found at Wal-Mart today.  It's a little disappointing.  The head is too small for the body and the ankle joints are loose.  I have a feeling he will fall of the shelf daily.

I won't be buying these because I don't like the 7" scale, but the Hellbat and armored Superman figures from that wave look absolutely fantastic.  Everything else looks rather meh.

26 minutes ago, classicaaron said:

grabbed these today. im an old school 80s wrestling fan but not a fan at all these days and im a huge heman fan so just couldn't resist.  they are so ridiculous that they are cool

heman.jpg

Nice!! I saw them recently and was super tempted to grab them myself. I really like the castle greyskull ring :)

14 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

They are called Boglins

2 hours ago, classicaaron said:

grabbed these today. im an old school 80s wrestling fan but not a fan at all these days and im a huge heman fan so just couldn't resist.  they are so ridiculous that they are cool

heman.jpg

Agreed, I’ll be picking the figures up for sure.

"...And on the fifth day..." Baba saw the Funko Pop's, and they were good!

Hello all! Its been a while; I hope everyone is doing well, rested, and recovered from the holidays. I've been in comic/toy purgatory due to wedding/honeymoon related expenses. However, a bunch of Marvel Funko Pop's came up for sale at quite reasonable prices, and I just couldn't help myself.

Deadpool: First Appearance (metallic), Red thumb's up, Terror, Slapstick, Stingray, Solo, Madcap, Madcap (metallic), X-Force, Amazon Exclusive, FYE Exclusive, Black & White Convention thumb's up, Black & White GITD, Orange/Freddy Funko, Lady Deadpool, X-Men, Pandapool, Deadpool the Duck.

Fantastic Four; almost a full set, but I couldn't find the Chase Thing.

Captain Marvel, Moon Knight, Captain America (Age of Ultron), Captain America (ECCC), Cosmic Ghost Rider, Corrupted Venom, Walgreens Spider-Man Series 2 (Octo-Spidey, Future Foundation, Kaine Scarlet Spider, Bag-Man, Kraven, Sandman).

Disney: Sully, Mike Wazowski, Boo (Randall Costume), Roz. (My mom's favorite Disney characters; she loves these.), Lilo, Stitch, Aloha Lilo, Aloha Stitch, The Big Red One (Stitch w/ vehicle), Elvis Stitch, Experiment 626, Hula Lilo, Hula Stitch, Tiki Stitch, Valentines Stitch, FYE Halloween Stitch, Diamond Stitch, Scrump (Lilo & Stitch is my fiancee's favorite Disney movie.), Wall-E, Eve, Tron (Chase), Sark (Chase) (Wall-E & Tron are my favorite Disney movies).

10" Stay Puft.

That's it! The only Deadpool I'm missing that I genuinely want is the Negative Deadpool; the 10" set might look cool, but they take up a lot of real-estate, and I only have so much wall space to dedicate to pop's. I like the Stay Puft because he contrasts nicely with the standard size Ghostbusters; but I think giant Deadpool would be offsetting. I wish Funko had done Galactus in 10" instead of the standard format though; that would have looked cool. *shrug* Maybe we'll luck out and get a 10" Sentinel as part of the X-Men line instead.

IMG_8266.jpg