• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, jason4 said:

It says made in hong kong on the back. Is that bad?

As @Shadow Images said, it's the figure. It's not a well-known variant, but this is one of the waves the no COO Yoda was released. The other being Meccano. Can you take a close-up pic of the figure inside the blister, need to have a close-up look at this face, try not to make any adjustments to the pic as the colour is important in determining. It is a sought after variant, and does elevate the piece in terms of desirability to variant collectors beyond the POTF release.

On 1/24/2020 at 10:07 PM, followtheleader said:

3rd page for this post is not acceptable. 

Bought a very small collection a couple weeks ago. 

Thought I'd start with the worst and move up. 

Good ole' Headmaster.  

Why the worst?  Doesn't have the front guns.  Fortunately, have a friend that does. 

Headmaster is in the cockpit. 

What frequent issues are seen with this piece?  Broken and scratched cockpit cover, broken tech spe cover, broken wings, and broken tabs for the front. 

NOTE: Accessories in the pic were thrown in for free.  Wahoo, needed the guns for Vortex. 

Patrick

20200110_145507.jpg

That's great that you had a hookup on the guns! i had two of these last year, neither had the guns, only one had the head. Ended up selling both because it was cheaper and easier to just buy a complete one rather than try to find the pieces on the cheap.

14 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Item #3

What?  Red Sunstreaker? 

Diaclone version. 

Did come with a chunk of the accessories.  

Wanted this one for a while. 

Nice shape.  Chrome is pretty solid whereas a lot are super rubbed (red exposure). 

Unfortunately, person put a bit of tape on the black on top.  So it took a small piece off when removed (left a little white).  

Patrick

20200109_121956.jpg

Very cool! In that same collection I picked up last year I had some pieces from this fig (the arms) but the car itself was missing. I always liked this one!

On 1/19/2020 at 5:09 PM, Parabellum said:

Finally got the VT-1 Super Ostrich.  I’ve completed the 80’s Bandai 1/55 collection.  I’m missing a few from the Takatoku line but I think I will be able to finish it up within the next 12 months..

FC2AC372-73FF-4428-AFC2-A1BF83E656B8.jpeg

2DE3F2F0-F014-4E9D-849F-0D4655D3ED53.jpeg

DA880B0D-95D2-4503-BA22-61760DC4975A.jpeg

A83593A3-C3A7-4657-BE7C-E25BB7B81D15.jpeg

Nice, and in non-yellowed condition at that. The Ostrich and Elintseeker are hard to come by -- where did you score this?

Edited by bobotski

5 hours ago, bobotski said:

Nice, and in non-yellowed condition at that. The Ostrich and Elintseeker are hard to come by -- where did you score this?

The pic is a little deceiving.  The hands are a bit darker and there is a slight bit of yellowing on the left elbow piece and the front left portion of the cockpit area.  I will be able to bleach it out.  The paint Scheme is damn near perfect though, not a single scratch.  I have an Elintseeker as well.  It’s mint and the box is also in great shape but the yellow portion of the planes nose has some wear from being in the box.  Typical of that toy.  I got both on eBay this one with tax and shipping was $900 and the Elintseeker was $750 after tax and shipping.  They’re definitely the hardest to find in this condition out of all the 1/55’s.  I would say that the VF-1S (DYRL) strike valk would be next due to it also being all white.

Here is a link to my collection:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/47777-parabellum’s-macross/

Edited by Parabellum

1 hour ago, Parabellum said:

The pic is a little deceiving.  The hands are a bit darker and there is a slight bit of yellowing on the left elbow piece and the front left portion of the cockpit area.  I will be able to bleach it out.  The paint Scheme is damn near perfect though, not a single scratch.  I have an Elintseeker as well.  It’s mint and the box is also in great shape but the yellow portion of the planes nose has some wear from being in the box.  Typical of that toy.  I got both on eBay this one with tax and shipping was $900 and the Elintseeker was $750 after tax and shipping.  They’re definitely the hardest to find in this condition out of all the 1/55’s.  I would say that the VF-1S (DYRL) strike valk would be next due to it also being all white.

Here is a link to my collection:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/47777-parabellum’s-macross/

Nice collection. Love those 1/55's. I only got the Takatoku VF1J, GBPP1s armor and Conversion Kit, and the Bandai reissues when they came out around 12(??) years ago.

Good luck with your hunt! :bigsmile:

10 hours ago, comicwiz said:

As @Shadow Images said, it's the figure. It's not a well-known variant, but this is one of the waves the no COO Yoda was released. The other being Meccano. Can you take a close-up pic of the figure inside the blister, need to have a close-up look at this face, try not to make any adjustments to the pic as the colour is important in determining. It is a sought after variant, and does elevate the piece in terms of desirability to variant collectors beyond the POTF release.

Closeup posted if you can help me 

Also picked up jabba and luke potf this week. 

20200127_202924.jpg

20200127_203040.jpg

20200127_202932.jpg

20200127_203052.jpg

20200127_203046.jpg

8 hours ago, F For Fake said:

That's great that you had a hookup on the guns! i had two of these last year, neither had the guns, only one had the head. Ended up selling both because it was cheaper and easier to just buy a complete one rather than try to find the pieces on the cheap.

You hit it on the head, it's almost always better to spend the bigger bucks for something complete than it is to piece it together. 

There are definite exceptions. 

I started buying some partials when I know someone has the remaining accessories or I know I have parts from a previous collection purchase. 

Vortex is a recent example of one I got lucky with.  Bought a great figure with the small gun and rotor blades some months back.  Then was given the side guns in this small collection. 

Guess a good qualifier for not buying complete would be buying a nice figure that contains the rarer of the accessories (missing more common ones). 

Patrick

8 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Very cool! In that same collection I picked up last year I had some pieces from this fig (the arms) but the car itself was missing. I always liked this one!

I need an accessory or two, hit me up if you have any of those for sale. 

I'm with you, I love the red look.  I know, really no different from the standard yellow Transformers version. 

Just a killer look in red.  Who didn't love the red Lambos and Porsche 911s in the 80s.  

Patrick

14 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I need an accessory or two, hit me up if you have any of those for sale. 

I'm with you, I love the red look.  I know, really no different from the standard yellow Transformers version. 

Just a killer look in red.  Who didn't love the red Lambos and Porsche 911s in the 80s.  

Patrick

I think I'm all out of G1 parts right now. I picked up a large collection last year, and that included a bunch of parts that didn't have corresponding figures. Some I kept because the figures were easy to find and complete, but mostly I sold them off or used them for trades. Did the same thing with a large collection of GI Joe parts and weapons. I don't usually keep a lot on hand. I usually either complete the figures or sell/trade the extra stuff to pursue other pieces. Always moving forward! But I'm always on the hunt, so if you're looking for anything in particular, let me know!

1 hour ago, D84 said:

Got this yesterday at Bedrock City.  I think it's better than the Batman figure.

20200128_090457.jpg

I ate my words and went ahead and picked up the first "regular" wave of figures. I haven't seen the Build a Batmobile figures or Armor figures locally yet. All in all, they look much better in hand than they did in the pics. Looking forward to finding Batgirl and Nightwing at some point!

20 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Thanks to a good friend I was able to put together a complete Alley Viper and get some nice gloves for Big Boa. These were some of my favorites as a kid. Also is a pic of my  “good guy” case with my favorites. Roughly starting from oldest Joes on bottom (straight arm) to newest on top. I feel blessed to have these in this nice of condition being that they are so old and I found them locally. 

9103DDFC-CB7C-4407-8F20-62DEB97AEF23.jpeg

E42B5433-6D95-4328-BCF6-EA69353F3723.jpeg

85 snake eyes....nice. alley viper is cool too. I cant decide if I want him because of the crazy colors.

1 hour ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Thanks! Yeah it's funny I don't mind some of the pre 90s neon like Sci Fi and Alley Viper. I even make an exception for Ice Cream Soldier too lol

We have similar tastes. 

I love Big Boa.  Bellomo's book always irritated when he dogged on that figure (same with a few others I liked from the 87 line). 

I also like the Ice Cream Soldier.  Bought a MOC version from a friend about 6 months ago.  Personally, I think the packaging did more damage for the line than the figures (though the cheap weapons replicated in different colors across the whole line was super lame too).

But which figure am I the biggest sucker for?  Flippin Shockwave.  

I will never forget my best friend buying it in 1988.  We were definitely getting too old for them, but it just grabbed me.   Still has that same feel today.  Can it get better?  Yep, how about a Night Force version!!!!

Patrick