• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I am on the fence... I want to see what else is announced at Toy Fair in a couple of weeks... 

I also want the Imperial Troop Transport but not at the $70+ price tag... I would have gone $40-50 for it... so I want to see what happens. 

fba19b9d-73f7-4a06-9e61-aa669ef0dfdc.jpg

Well for 60 bucks, the tie fighter is a steal

4 minutes ago, IkewithMike said:

Well for 60 bucks, the tie fighter is a steal

Oh you are in Canada...

It was $34 through BBTS... In the US they have a flat $4 shipping fee.  What would be the full damage on something like the Imperial Troop Transport?

Just now, Buzzetta said:

Oh you are in Canada...

It was $34 through BBTS... In the US they have a flat $4 shipping fee.  What would be the full damage on something like the Imperial Troop Transport?

I would have to see. Probably aboot 100 cdn

Saw the following two figures in a collection of Joes for sale.  Definitely intrigued me. 

Personally, I like them.  Definitely cheesy, but fits well with the Joe line. 

US Forces / American Defense is the line. 

The names are the best/worst.  Most of the weapons are rubbery.

White guy is Ice Wonder or Yeti. 

Silver Robot is Safety Zone or Claw.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ICE-WONDER-AMERICAN-DEFENSE-US-FORCES-VINTAGE-1987-REMCO-GI-JOE-KO-FIGURE/392642009936?hash=item5b6b499b50:g:d~AAAOSwfyldgbPz

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Remco-US-Forces-American-Defense-SAFETY-ZONE-action-figure/193252754762?hash=item2cfec3054a:g:H7MAAOSwLIVd7qIb

Patrick

20200213_184420.jpg

20200213_184401.jpg

Edited by followtheleader

Few toy questions: 

A) Do you personally care/desire unpunched MOCs over those that are punched? 

B) Do you see an appreciable increase in price for selling unpunched? 

C)  Does a partially dislodged punch affect the value?

D) I don't recall seeing this, but is punched/unpunched reflected in professional grades or labeling? 

Patrick

19 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Few toy questions: 

D) I don't recall seeing this, but is punched/unpunched reflected in professional grades or labeling? 

Patrick

1) Given the 2 side by side I would prefer the unpunched one. That said, if the card back is in nice shape and punched vs slightly less nice and unpunched I would take the punched one.
2) I don't think so but I could be wrong about that as my experience is limited.
3) Personally I am looking at the overall condition of the card and not so much if it is punched or not. Not punched is a bonus. IMO they technically have to be punched at the store front so I don't knock them for that.
4) I do not recall seeing any AFA notation around punched or unpunched either. Not sure how the graders see it.

Edited by 707comics

2 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Few toy questions: 

Patrick

Generally speaking, I would prefer an unpunched card but would not pay a premium for it.  I wouldn't purposely look for unpunched cards but if I was lucky enough to run across a figure that I liked on an unpunched card I'd grab it even if it ended up meaning I had a double of the fig.  Kinda cool to think it never made it to the pegs!

3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Pictures just leaked of the first figure from the new Hasbro GI Joe line, Snake Eyes.  The pics below are of a convention exclusive edition with a custom weapons rack.  Official announcement should come Saturday at the New York Toy Fair.

http://thefwoosh.com/2020/02/hasbro-g-i-joe-classified-series-snake-eyes-exclusive-package-and-loose/

Hasbro-GIjoe-Classified-Series-Snake-Eye Hasbro-GIjoe-Classified-Series-Snake-Eye

Hasbro-GIjoe-Classified-Series-Snake-Eye

Wow

3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Pictures just leaked of the first figure from the new Hasbro GI Joe line, Snake Eyes.  The pics below are of a convention exclusive edition with a custom weapons rack.  Official announcement should come Saturday at the New York Toy Fair.

http://thefwoosh.com/2020/02/hasbro-g-i-joe-classified-series-snake-eyes-exclusive-package-and-loose/

Hasbro-GIjoe-Classified-Series-Snake-Eye Hasbro-GIjoe-Classified-Series-Snake-Eye

Excited to see 6 inch Joes, and SE looks great, BUT... does anyone else think his boots/feet look kinda funny? I feel like from the knees down he doesn't quite match the rest of the figure.

4 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Supposedly this is the SDCC version with the extra accessories and stand.  The interior box with the figure is what you will see on the shelves. 

46 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Supposedly this is the SDCC version with the extra accessories and stand.  The interior box with the figure is what you will see on the shelves. 

I assume you mean the New York Toy Fair...SDCC isn't for quite a while.  Toy Fair is this Saturday.  It's definitely known that this is a con exclusive because the shipping box they come in says that on it.

7 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I assume you mean the New York Toy Fair...SDCC isn't for quite a while.  Toy Fair is this Saturday.  It's definitely known that this is a con exclusive because the shipping box they come in says that on it.

No, I mean SDCC.

ToyFair is not open to the public but they have shown their SDCC items off there when showing off product.   

Edited by Buzzetta

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

No, I mean SDCC.

ToyFair is not open to the public but they have shown their SDCC items off there when showing off product.   

Marvelous News thinks he'll go on sale on the Hasbro Pulse web site during the New York Toy Fair on Saturday, so I don't think I know what you mean.

The last time Hasbro put a con exclusive up on their web site for sale it sold out in about 10 minutes.  I'm expecting a LOT of unhappy people who won't be getting the deluxe Snake Eyes this weekend, but we'll see, maybe they learned from the last fiasco.

22 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Marvelous News thinks he'll go on sale on the Hasbro Pulse web site during the New York Toy Fair on Saturday, so I don't think I know what you mean.

The last time Hasbro put a con exclusive up on their web site for sale it sold out in about 10 minutes.  I'm expecting a LOT of unhappy people who won't be getting the deluxe Snake Eyes this weekend, but we'll see, maybe they learned from the last fiasco.

Yes, Hasbro is hosting a livestream at 1:30 (EST) and then as reported 'some' of the revealed items will go on sale through Hasbro Pulse.   What items?  Who knows?  Could it be the piece that is shown with the extras?  Maybe... 

However, this was marked as a con exclusive and while retailers are at Toy Fair to get vendors to buy their items and to show off their product, they, especially Hasbro, have often revealed store exclusives as well as SDCC and other show exclusives at Toy Fair as part of the presentation of the lines.  

6 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

Take my money. That looks cool!