• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

'some' of the revealed items will go on sale through Hasbro Pulse.   What items?  Who knows?  Could it be the piece that is shown with the extras?  Maybe... 

The reason the news outlets are so sure is because the leaked photos are of finished product in a warehouse broken out of shipping boxes.  Hasbro doesn't make and ship out product this far in advance for it to be something they wait for July to reveal and sell.

Hasbro sent an email out to Hasbro Pulse members saying that we'll be able to buy stuff from the Pulse web site that non-members don't have access to until 4 PM on Saturday.  Everyone is expecting Snake Eyes to be available then, but who knows aside from the educated guesses I outlined in previous posts, we'll see.  It explicitly says that items for sale will be related to Transformers, Power Rangers, GI Joe, Ghostbusters, and Marvel.

Pulse membership costs $50 with the only advertised perks being access to exclusives like this plus free shipping.  I got it for free shortly after the Pulse web site opened a year ago by buying a figure from the site (I bought the Marvel Legends Archangel).  They recently emailed us saying they're extending that first membership for free by six months, presumably so that we can get access to whatever they're making available on Saturday.  There was only one other exclusive I saw for the entire last year, an SDCC exclusive Marvel Legends Hulk figure that sold out on the Pulse web site in about 10 minutes, which ticked off pretty much everybody who was a Pulse member who didn't get one.  I didn't want one, but it ticked me off that they handled it so poorly.  I'm hoping whatever they sell on Saturday is available for much longer, and if it isn't and it ends up being another sheet-show I'm definitely not paying $50 for it.

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

Hasbro sent an email out to Hasbro Pulse members saying that we'll be able to buy stuff from the Pulse web site that non-members don't have access to until 4 PM on Saturday.  Everyone is expecting Snake Eyes to be available then, but who knows aside from the educated guesses I outlined in previous posts, we'll see.  It explicitly says that items for sale will be related to Transformers, Power Rangers, GI Joe, Ghostbusters, and Marvel.

Pulse membership costs $50 with the only advertised perks being access to exclusives like this plus free shipping.  I got it for free shortly after the Pulse web site opened a year ago by buying a figure from the site (I bought the Marvel Legends Archangel).  They recently emailed us saying they're extending that first membership for free by six months, presumably so that we can get access to whatever they're making available on Saturday.  There was only one other exclusive I saw for the entire last year, an SDCC exclusive Marvel Legends Hulk figure that sold out on the Pulse web site in about 10 minutes, which ticked off pretty much everybody who was a Pulse member who didn't get one.  I didn't want one, but it ticked me off that they handled it so poorly.  I'm hoping whatever they sell on Saturday is available for much longer, and if it isn't and it ends up being another sheet-show I'm definitely not paying $50 for it.

I haven't bought anything from Pulse for a long time, but I'm still apparently a premium member (I also got the upgrade with that first purchase when they launched.) I guess I'll check it out this weekend, but I don't think I'm doing the new Joe line, so there's not much I'm interested in.

I'm not doing the new Joe line, either, but I do want that weapons rack.  I'll be using it for Shang-Chi, Iron Fist, Daredevil, Elektra, Bullseye, and Kingpin.  I may use Snake Eyes as a random goon in Marvel displays for heroes to beat up on, not sure yet.

One thing I'm super-curious about with a 6" Joe line is if and how they do vehicles.  I collected Joes as a pre-teen, and I think I loved the vehicles more than the figures.  The problem with the 1:12 scale as compared to the 1:18 scale is that the vehicles end up being HUGE.  Imagine a 1:12 scale USS Flagg--it's over 7 feet long now, but scaled up to 1:12 it'd be over 10 feet long!  :whatthe:

The same applies to the Black Series Star Wars 6" figures.  They've mostly avoided the vehicles I loved to buy for 1:18 scale figures as a kid, but they did do one 1:12 scale TIE Fighter, and it was HUGE.  Here are a few people standing next to one...those side panels look over half as tall as that woman behind it:

11542089_1108956779132163_79518320568405

Edited by fantastic_four

12 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

One thing I'm super-curious about with a 6" Joe line is if and how they do vehicles.  I collected Joes as a pre-teen, and I think I loved the vehicles more than the figures.  The problem with the 1:12 scale as compared to the 1:18 scale is that the vehicles end up being HUGE.  Imagine a 1:12 scale USS Flagg--it's over 7 feet long now, but scaled up to 1:12 it'd be over 10 feet long!  :whatthe:

The same applies to the Black Series Star Wars 6" figures.  They've mostly avoided the vehicles I loved to buy for 1:18 scale figures as a kid, but they did do one 1:12 scale TIE Fighter, and it was HUGE.  Here are a few people standing next to one...those side panels look over half as tall as that woman behind it:

11542089_1108956779132163_79518320568405

Yes, this is precisely why I don't have any interest in a 6" Joe line. GI Joe is (imo) the best action figure line of all time because of the sheer breadth of vehicles, playsets, accessories they were able to create along with all of the various characters. They had perfect playability. True, I don't really "play" with my toys much anymore, but that's still a big part of the appeal for me. 6" Joes may look cool, but they just aren't Joes to me. We'll see. They may be too undeniably cool to resist when they come out, but right now I'm not feeling it. I DO hope they succeed, so maybe some day we can get more 3 3/4" figures down the road.

My recommendation is to hold off.  Lego sets have a shelf life of at least a year.  I would wait for the right promotion or double points to order... 

Set is released on September 1st.  If you MUST preorder, which again, I strongly suggest currently holding off from... 

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-razor-crest-75292  $130

• The Razor Crest has a dual LEGO minifigure cockpit, 2 spring-loaded shooters, cargo hold with opening sides/access ramps and carbonite bounty elements inside, sleeping area and detachable escape pod for creative play.
  • This 1,023-piece construction playset offers a challenging build and combines brilliantly with other LEGO Star Wars sets. It makes a super holiday gift or birthday present for boys and girls aged 10+.
  • The Razor Crest dreadnought measures over 5.5” (14cm) high, 15” (38cm) long and 11” (28cm) wide. It makes an eye-catching Star Wars: The Mandalorian display piece when it is not being used to transport vital cargo!

Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 2.24.21 PM.png

Edited by Buzzetta

On 2/18/2020 at 9:06 PM, fantastic_four said:

The reason the news outlets are so sure is because the leaked photos are of finished product in a warehouse broken out of shipping boxes.  Hasbro doesn't make and ship out product this far in advance for it to be something they wait for July to reveal and sell.

You were right.  

But... for some reason... you can preorder Snake Eyes right now... instead of tomorrow...  $40 was a bit steep for this in my opinion... I ordered it anyway.   I have seen some of the Hasbro Pulse Preorders sell out like that Earthrise Wheeljack which I had to eventually preorder on Amazon.   So I figure if I change my mind I have until the end of March to cancel the order. 

https://hasbropulse.com/products/g-i-joe-classified-series-snake-eyes-deluxe-action-figure-hasbro-pulse-exclusive

Edited by Buzzetta

On 1/30/2020 at 9:04 AM, comicwiz said:

I carved myself a niche around my own nostalgic sweet spot, which was centered on the animation I grew up watching, and later hunting down toys as an adult that I recalled either owning as a kid, or remembered seeing on the toy shelves. And even though I'm in the perfect location to locate this stuff, the ridiculous rarity of these toys sometimes makes a lot of people "in the know" stop in their tracks because they never realized these differences existed in the Canadian market, and by trying to share their cool history, I have unwittingly created competition for myself. lol

this is exactly how I am now too.. when growing up didn't know too much about the differences but now I find myself sometimes researching a bit but probably not as heavily as you do in the differences in the toys.. recently picked up a bunch of toybiz 90's spiderman toys... 

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

You were right.  

But... for some reason... you can preorder Snake Eyes right now... instead of tomorrow...  $40 was a bit steep for this in my opinion... I ordered it anyway.   I have seen some of the Hasbro Pulse Preorders sell out like that Earthrise Wheeljack which I had to eventually preorder on Amazon.   So I figure if I change my mind I have until the end of March to cancel the order. 

https://hasbropulse.com/products/g-i-joe-classified-series-snake-eyes-deluxe-action-figure-hasbro-pulse-exclusive

I ordered it too.  $40 is what I was expecting, but thought it might end up being $50 due to being con-related, glad it's more reasonable.

Just now, fantastic_four said:

I ordered it too.  $40 is what I was expecting, but thought it might end up being $50 due to being con-related, glad it's more reasonable.

You think Scarlett and Roadblock go up tomorrow?   I don't think I will be getting those... Snake Eyes is just something to 'have' and as I said, who knows if I will keep it. 

32 minutes ago, Antpark said:

My guess

1 = Elektra

2 = She-Hulk

3 = Valkyrie

I wanted to say She Hulk for the second one also but I they just did a She Hulk... unless it's a costume update? 

image.thumb.png.6edf348820c2b80f75133e2879c937de.png

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

You think Scarlett and Roadblock go up tomorrow?   I don't think I will be getting those... Snake Eyes is just something to 'have' and as I said, who knows if I will keep it. 

I ordered snake eyes as well. I'm on the fence about Roadblock and Scarlett. I hear they are going to be $20. That's not bad. I'm glad they are staying at the same price as marvel legends.