• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,262 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

If you keep refreshing they're randomly ordered, but I'm 98% sure the three are white suit Elektra, Lady Sif (Thor's friend), and Silk (Spider-Man's friend).

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I wanted to say She Hulk for the second one also but I they just did a She Hulk... unless it's a costume update? 

image.thumb.png.6edf348820c2b80f75133e2879c937de.png

You can make out a mask covering the lower half of the face in the silhouette, that's why people think it's Silk.

4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

You think Scarlett and Roadblock go up tomorrow?   I don't think I will be getting those... Snake Eyes is just something to 'have' and as I said, who knows if I will keep it. 

No idea, I'm not paying attention to the others, really have zero interest in GI Joe now.  I only like that weapons rack from Snake Eyes.

24 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

No idea, I'm not paying attention to the others, really have zero interest in GI Joe now.  I only like that weapons rack from Snake Eyes.

smh

I am going to miss the livestream tomorrow... 

I am guessing that the most efficient way of knowing is revealed or what to look for is to log into Hasbro pulse around 2ish.... to see what pops up as available.   

Heh - then excuse myself and sneak off to the bathroom to order if there is anything amazing. lol 

6 hours ago, AJLewandoski said:

Anybody else collect comic related Ben Cooper costumes? This is the only Dazzler I've ever seen I imagine the female related costumes are harder to come by. 

20191210_185107.jpg

That's awesome! More pics of your collection please! I dig this stuff. The only one I've actively sought is the Alien set, but I think they're all super cool.

Toy Fair was ok for me. I'll be getting the NECA Alien series with Parker and Brett, been waiting for that one for a long time. Otherwise NECA was a bust.

The new Joe line doesn't do anything for me. Like I said before, I like small Joes, that's my thing. Maybe if these figures were modeled on the cartoon or original figures I'd be interested, but this interpretation doesn't do anything for me. Easy pass. 

Marvel Legends was a relief in that I won't be spending a lot on them this year, apparently. I don't do movie figures or game figures, so those are all hard passes. I'll have to buy the Strong Guy BAF on eBay for my X-Factor set. May pick up Black Tom since it's a semi obscure pick and he'd go nicely with Juggernaut. Already preordered the Age of Apocalypse wave tonight on Target.com, stoked for those. And super excited to finally be getting first appearance Storm. That one has been a loooooong time coming! Wish we'd get a Thunderbird and updated Banshee soon. 

25 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Toy Fair was ok for me. I'll be getting the NECA Alien series with Parker and Brett, been waiting for that one for a long time. Otherwise NECA was a bust.

Didnt even know about these. Very cool. I like the vehicle concepts but would rather have a actual model/toy than a 5 inch diecast

46 minutes ago, F For Fake said:
7 hours ago, AJLewandoski said:

20191210_185107.jpg

That's awesome! More pics of your collection please! I dig this stuff. The only one I've actively sought is the Alien set, but I think they're all super cool.

I think we'd all like to see you wearing this AJ :grin:

13 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Marvel Legends was a relief in that I won't be spending a lot on them this year, apparently. I don't do movie figures or game figures, so those are all hard passes. I'll have to buy the Strong Guy BAF on eBay for my X-Factor set. May pick up Black Tom since it's a semi obscure pick and he'd go nicely with Juggernaut. Already preordered the Age of Apocalypse wave tonight on Target.com, stoked for those. And super excited to finally be getting first appearance Storm. That one has been a loooooong time coming! Wish we'd get a Thunderbird and updated Banshee soon. 

I was excited for a FA Storm, but I'm meh on the way that one looks, gonna wait for reviews.  The new classic Spidey might be good, they said they made improvements to articulation that I'll wait for a review to see.  The ones I'm sure I'll buy are Black Tom Cassidy, deluxe War Machine, the new Hydra soldier (it's available now, already bought it), the new Apocalypse, Nimrod, and Gwen Stacy.  I MIGHT get one of the movie Wolverine figures, waiting for reviews.

Because of this thread, I couldn't pass up on Snake Eyes (its for my son :blahblah:) and I even "convinced" one of my buddies to buy one ("for his son") as well.  We both conceded that the weapons rack sealed the deal for us.  Agreed that $50 all in was steep, but it is a one time buy for sure (along with The Mandalorian and any other figures that can't be missed). :whistle:

18 hours ago, AJLewandoski said:

Unfortunately for some reason last time I put it on I got banned from my local con for "indecent exposure" and "making a scene" whatever that means (shrug)

Lewd

Can anyone help me with an approx. value of these toys.

They are by Revell, but are toys not models. I'm guessing eary 50s, but dont know. One is called ChuChu, the little engine with personality and the other is the Maxwell auto action pull toy. Both are in the original boxes but boxes are rough, and the Maxwell is missing the driver. Both have pull cords that cause the toys to buck and make noises. Someone wants to consign them but he has no idea what they are worth.He's had them since the early 60s but they were handed down to him by an older cousin.

I don't know about the new G.I. Joe Classified line. I feel that G.I. Joe Resolute was the design and way to go. I'm still disappointed in how they handled the toys or lack of toys for that series. That was the reboot the series needed.

But for Classified, I'll get Snake Eyes. It seems like they really sold and designed him well. He has a bit of the Resolute look. And they did a lot with the packaging. Snake Eyes really is their leading piece. But the others I feel let down. Scarlett is a bit too colorful. I'll get her just for the box design as I like Noto's artwork. But these come off as a bit futuristic G.I. Joe like that old Battle Force 2000 I think it was called and a few other figures around that time. Duke and Roadblock are a no go for me. The artwork for Baroness is another one with too much color. I was excited when I read about this series too.

Also, maybe because of this G.I. Joe release, I had a toy store dream. I was in a Target with tons of new G.I. Joe and other toys. I was so happy. I saw a new G.I. Joe Aircraft Carrier and it had a launching mechanism for the Skystriker. Why would a toy Skystriker need a launching mechanism? I don't know. But I was excited that I was going to get new G.I. Joe figures, Aircraft Carrier, and Skystriker! This was the beginning of thinking something wasn't right. I couldn't read the new Aircraft Carrier's name. It was like it was reflected in a lake and I was struggling to read it. I think in dreams you can't read or write well. But I continued on. They were remaking vintage MASK vehicles and I could get the ones I sold or threw away again! And then I caught some Captain Power VHS tapes. What? I looked around some more and saw a new Captain Power comic as well. They had a bunch of issues in TPB. That's when I knew this was wrong. It was too much in a Target of all places. Not a Toys R Us. I woke up feeling sad.