• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Are the labels repro or original? 
if original, that's my favorite part. 

Patrick

The sticker sheets included were repros that he never got around to putting on the vehicles. I'm going to clean up the Thunderhawk, strip off the old stickers and replace them with these, as the ones on there now are pretty rough. I'm going to leave the Vampire as is.

I cleaned up another T-Hawk last year and got some gorgeous repro stickers from Toyhax that were printed on foil, they really pop.

17 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Nice little MASK pick up from FB today! A couple I needed for the personal collection, and some pieces I can use to complete others. I was stoked to find that Jackhammer still had the machine gun and Raven had both discs. Also two Matt Trakkers including a short mask. The guy said that he's starting to dig all of his stuff out, so hopefully there will be more cool stuff coming.

IMG_0500.JPG

(worship)

That is my favourite Mask vehicle, been on the look out for a boxed one for AGES!

On 2/28/2020 at 3:33 PM, bane said:

(worship)

That is my favourite Mask vehicle, been on the look out for a boxed one for AGES!

It is a classic toy for sure. I've got a pretty sharp one in the personal collection, with both bombs and both short and long masks. But man, it's tough to find a boxed one for less than an arm and a leg. Box art was sweet on this nm series, though!

30 minutes ago, StingerMcK said:

So I can post some pics later, besides eBay and Dallas Vintage Toys, are there any other good places online to buy older toys?  Ive looked some on FB.  Looking for Super Powers figs.

Besides the sources you've already cited, I've found listings on Hake's, Comiclink and Comicconnect (sometimes).  Primarily, I watch feebay for my Super Powers addiction.  Patience will net you all the basic figures for less than $10 each (with the exception of most third wave figures).

On 1/9/2020 at 5:33 AM, jason4 said:

It is the Sears cat. It is in English on the stickers. They are replica stickers. Tank is in great original condition otherwise and motor works and cost me only 175.00.  

This jordan card was the one basketball card I had to have. It's a 5 psa because higher I couldn't afford with all my other stuff I wanted to collect. It's still worth more than all of the gi joe and star wars stuff by far and cost me about 1400.00 after tax and shipping on ebayScreenshot_20191101-153045_Gallery.thumb.jpg.223e77835db49d80b68d209f32bf3e3d.jpg

LeBron is his dad.

52 minutes ago, Joshua33 said:

Found some fun ones in a drawer. Really need to go through my toys. I've got a thousand of them buried around here somewhere...

Magnetic Mego Batman, Black Hole Sentry Robot, and a Japanese Mail Away Omni Bot. Decent drawer haul. :flamed:

20200302_165823.jpg

20200302_165836.jpg

20200302_170018.jpg

20200302_170023.jpg

20200302_170033.jpg

20200302_165856.jpg

20200302_165942.jpg

Take..🤗

6 hours ago, followtheleader said:

That Japanese Omnibot is so awesome. 

Patrick

Thanks. I remember buying this at auction. The guy was selling all 3 at the time and remember arguing about paying an extra 25 bucks for the other 2. The pain of regret :cry:

Here's a fun one for you Transformer fans. 

Man from U.N.C.L.E Megatron (Or MC 13 U.N.C.L.E Microman Walther P38).

This guy is from 1983, pre dating the Transformers toy line, and comes complete with targets and attache case. If you were carrying this briefcase around the block, you were a boss. 

20200303_005155.jpg

20200303_005228.jpg

20200303_005238.jpg

11 hours ago, Joshua33 said:

20200302_165823.jpg

Nice! I have the unproduced Magna Heroes Batman. Mine has removable limbs and head with metal ball bearings on the tips that connect to the torso with a high-powered magnet. The other big difference is it's a hard plastic cast cape, not cloth cape. There are several versions of "magnetic" Batman's that were produced, yours being the large size one. I like the unique bat ears on the Batman logo on these.

batman_magna.thumb.jpg.1fb37f9b78c16a4f7bea9142ac13e7f6.jpg

3 hours ago, Joshua33 said:

Very cool. Don't think I've ever seen that one. I have the removable cowl Mego floating around here somewhere, but don't own the one you have pictured here. I'm assuming it's pretty rare if it was unproduced.

batman_magna.thumb.jpg.1fb37f9b78c16a4f7bea9142ac13e7f6.jpg

Yes, it was intended for US production, but never made it past these early sample stages. As far as I know, there are two on card, this one came off one of the sample cards. It was designed as a 7" action figure from 1979. In this shot below, I was just comparing the size of the torso to a wax sculpt from a 90's unproduced Batman toy line, just to show the sizes for each from two different time periods. It was actually to prove a point in a prototype thread on how certain toy lines were designed with more robust torsos and musculature in 90's, sometimes seeming anatomically disproportionate, and I used the torso from this unproduced Magna Heroes line to demonstrate differences in musculature as well.

The limbs all connect through magnetic ball joints, it has a great weighted feel to it as far as late 70's action figures are concerned.

torso-comparison.jpg

Edited by comicwiz

15 hours ago, Joshua33 said:

Here's a fun one for you Transformer fans. 

Man from U.N.C.L.E Megatron (Or MC 13 U.N.C.L.E Microman Walther P38).

This guy is from 1983, pre dating the Transformers toy line, and comes complete with targets and attache case. If you were carrying this briefcase around the block, you were a boss. 

20200303_005155.jpg

20200303_005228.jpg

20200303_005238.jpg

I’m assuming the red tree is bullets?

How do those work with the figure?  I know Japanese toys are fond of spring-loaded mechanisms. 

The US version of this is the first Transformers toy I bought as a kid. It didn’t come with any bullets (obviously) but there’s also nothing about the toy that I recall that would suggest where or how they would be used. 

I mean, like the Boba Fett figure, which was pretty obvious that the missile was originally intended to be removable.