• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Where you find that cabinet that you store the comic books and what are the dimensions?  I saw some of your other videos.  That was pretty cool. 

Thanks ! 👍

A lot of people asked me about the comic book cabinet... It's a SAFCO cabinet that is usually used for blueprint, art prints, etc...  I bought the first two from a local art store and the last one I found on craigslist after months of search... It was not the color I wanted, so I had to paint it to match the other two 😬

There are 2 videos about the cabinet, you can see the latest one here:

The video description has a link to the "old" first video about the cabinet.

I have one of those blueprint cabinets and that never occurred to me.  Very nice. 

I started putting carded Joes, TMNT, etc in when I don't yet have a Star Case.  

I love the figure-to-comic display.  Makes the comics almost interactive. 

Also love the other users pics of the Joes.  That Star Duster is such good times.  Still don't have one of those. 

Patrick

1 hour ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Thank God for Joes to keep me busy. Here’s pics of the Skystriker and Steeler. Skystriker took forever to clean up, but I love the old shiny plastic. Snake Eyes came in the mail and he’s awesome. I painted a stand for him. I’m excited for the other figures in a couple months.

8F7CD1C9-8FCD-482A-AA90-6CDFC6EB01C1.jpeg

4AE0B8C7-8209-440A-949A-36DE6EB28F30.jpeg

2E9CFBF7-C178-4EF6-9169-086915FF8D57.jpeg

5B97CC69-5682-4B46-ABF4-A9A7568E79B7.jpeg

CB8FC406-96E2-4A1C-BF7F-91DAC7F2E995.jpeg

What kind of base is that for Snake Eyes?

That 6" Snake Eyes deluxe figure was so nice that I actually kept it in the package... The presentation with the slipcase and the design on the box were enough to get me to say, let it be. 

I will pick up a general release at some point.  I really liked the presentation of this figure.  Usually I open everything. 

Got my Snake Eyes in on Tuesday, and he's easily figure of the year so far for 2020.  His sculpt detailing is incredible, and he has the best articulation of any Hasbro figure ever.  I was also surprised at how solid the weapons rack is.  I thought it would be hollow plastic but it's not, it's extremely solid and weighs about twice as much as Snake Eyes himself.

3 hours ago, srezvan said:

Ok, friends, anyone know what this is? I thought he was Joe.

20200326_104647.jpg

20200326_104717.jpg

Duke Version 8 

Even though the figure was released in the year 2000 it is based off of parts molded in 1991 when the original figure was released in 92'.

https://www.yojoe.com/action/00/duke8.shtml

This was the time period sometimes referred to as GI Joe: The Lost Years. 

Edited by Buzzetta

25 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Duke Version 8 

Even though the figure was released in the year 2000 it is based off of parts molded in 1991 when the original figure was released in 92'.

https://www.yojoe.com/action/00/duke8.shtml

This was the time period sometimes referred to as GI Joe: The Lost Years. 

Thanks. I was looking at yojoe, thinking I'm going crazy not seeing it in that TM year or close to it.

On 3/14/2020 at 11:05 PM, followtheleader said:

Found a GI Joe collection today. 

Has nearly every figure, vehicle, and playset from 1982 thru 1987. 

All look very nice and largely complete.  

For clarity, I haven't purchased items yet.  Not sure how much I will get. 

But a real spectacle to behold. 

Patrick

Glad to see my peeps are happily posting about toys.  

Concerning my story above, I ended up meeting the family before this world got crazy. 

Turns out, it's an older husband and wife selling the collection for their son who is the same age as I.  On a side note, that has been a pretty common theme for the collections I've found in the recent past. 

When I pulled up to the house, I was quite impressed.  They are quite well off.  Ornate house, huge property where horses roam like a dog would in a yard, boats, multiple 60s vettes, his/her garage, etc.  This really explained the size of the collection. 

The guy is unbelievably nice.  Decided pretty early in the discussion that I was more interested in helping him maximize money than getting deals.  It was also apparent that he wasn't looking to individually versus as a collection.  

They did a phenomenal job determining where accessories/weapons went.  For those of us in Joes and having purchased large collections, this is daunting.   But they probably had 90% identified/segregated.  We spent a good chunk of that 1st meeting going over unidentified parts, years produced, etc.  Coolest part is that the husband was assigned to work on the vehicles/playsets while the wife was the resident figure expert.  

My guess that they had nearly everything from 1982 thru 1987 was pretty accurate.  Literally not one piece from 1988 and beyond.  Had to be one of the single most complete childhood collections I've ever seen.  It's almost easier to identify what they didn't have.  The Defiant was the biggest piece that wasn't present.  Of the few remaining not present, they were all VERY common pieces (which makes me think the son may have wanted to keep a few).  Examples were the RAM and Mobat (we've all seen these countless times).  The couple decided to dedicate an entire garage bay to segregate and sell the toys.  Tons and tons of tables with them spreadout on white sheets.  

Condition had to be nearly as impressive as the sheer completeness of the collection.  The vast majority were in unbelievable condition.  Many looked like they'd never been played with.  He explained that they decided to storage them in huge bins and put above their garage 30+ years ago.  They'd not seen the light of day in all of that time. 

Some examples displayed: USS Flagg, Mauler, Moray, Killer Whale, Headquarters, Terror Drome, Tactical Battle Platform, Tomahawk, and the Skystriker.  In the end, I didn't end up taking a single one of those.  Instead, went out and researched current pricing for the gentlemen.  Sent over a bunch of evidence for the pricing.  In the end, he listened to some of what offered and not on others.  Killed me not to take the Terror Drome as it was really, really nice. 

In the end, I purchased some cheaper items that I don't have in my collection.  IMO, a win-win as I get some things I want and he's selling the items that can get passed over when someone has those prime selections. If people would like to see some, let me know.  

Turned out being a pretty fun experience.  

Patrick