• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Also, while I'm here, I guess it couldn't hurt to ask:

If any of you Joe collectors have a spare original Viper crotch for sale, hit me up. I haven't broken a Joe crotch since I was a kid, I am always SO careful. But a couple of weeks ago I was rearranging some shelves, and I guess I pushed down a little too hard putting a Viper into the seat of a Ferret, and suddenly SCHWING!, his wang popped off and went flying across to room. I cursed up a blue streak, I'll tell you what. Anyway, none of my usual sources have a spare, and I can't find one on eBay either, so I thought I'd try here. I'll probably end up having to part him out and just buy a whole new one figure, and it's not like I don't have a few other Vipers already, but man it burns me up to have a brokedick Joe sitting on the shelf!

It's a toughie... When I was collecting for myself I noticed a few people selling the 2006 mass market TRU reissue as either the 1986 original through malfeasance or ignorance. 

Be careful if you try to replace it if you want the authentic 1986 Viper with the Viper parts.  Not only was the 2006 made up of some different parts like the Bat waist but supposedly it is made up of more brittle plastic... and that is in comparison to the already brittle plastic of 1986

https://www.yojoe.com/action/06/viper15a.shtml

2006 Reissue

viper15a_s.jpg

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Also, while I'm here, I guess it couldn't hurt to ask:

If any of you Joe collectors have a spare original Viper crotch for sale, hit me up. I haven't broken a Joe crotch since I was a kid, I am always SO careful. But a couple of weeks ago I was rearranging some shelves, and I guess I pushed down a little too hard putting a Viper into the seat of a Ferret, and suddenly SCHWING!, his wang popped off and went flying across to room. I cursed up a blue streak, I'll tell you what. Anyway, none of my usual sources have a spare, and I can't find one on eBay either, so I thought I'd try here. I'll probably end up having to part him out and just buy a whole new one figure, and it's not like I don't have a few other Vipers already, but man it burns me up to have a brokedick Joe sitting on the shelf!

I feel horrible for this loss, but your post is so darn funny.  Lol.

2 hours ago, StingerMcK said:

Darkseid's Super Powers crew arrived today

93292163_581281755828755_1322142490219773952_n.thumb.jpg.f2beb43bce8dceb3c717c01c9fa213b1.jpg

Current loose collection: Series 1 & 2 complete, all vehicles complete. Now on to series 3 & Clark Kent!

92986557_844441406059182_4701039965457350656_n.thumb.jpg.e15174071efd5eccaded24fdc15a54fc.jpg

Nice! I see that you also have the hard-to-find Wonder Woman's invisible jet.

18 hours ago, F For Fake said:

If any of you Joe collectors have a spare original Viper crotch for sale, hit me up.

It amuses me so much that this is a question that can be asked, and somehow seems like a totally normal thing...

My most anticipated figure of the year was just released this week, the Mafex Cyclops.  Reviews are VERY mixed, and I'm not sure what to think so far.  Here's a good review that's positive:

19 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

It's a toughie... When I was collecting for myself I noticed a few people selling the 2006 mass market TRU reissue as either the 1986 original through malfeasance or ignorance. 

Be careful if you try to replace it if you want the authentic 1986 Viper with the Viper parts.  Not only was the 2006 made up of some different parts like the Bat waist but supposedly it is made up of more brittle plastic... and that is in comparison to the already brittle plastic of 1986

https://www.yojoe.com/action/06/viper15a.shtml

2006 Reissue

viper15a_s.jpg

I have a couple of the 2006 guys working in the motor pit of my Terror Drome, I had the "real" Vipers in the Stun and Ferrets. Yeah, I'm a little antsy about replacing parts at all these days, these things get so brittle. I had a Storm Shadow crumble in my hands when I was replacing an o-ring a couple of years ago. There was cursing then too!

18 hours ago, Yorick said:

I feel horrible for this loss, but your post is so darn funny.  Lol.

Thanks, I tried to make the best of a bad situation!

15 hours ago, StingerMcK said:

Darkseid's Super Powers crew arrived today

93292163_581281755828755_1322142490219773952_n.thumb.jpg.f2beb43bce8dceb3c717c01c9fa213b1.jpg

Current loose collection: Series 1 & 2 complete, all vehicles complete. Now on to series 3 & Clark Kent!

92986557_844441406059182_4701039965457350656_n.thumb.jpg.e15174071efd5eccaded24fdc15a54fc.jpg

Beautiful collection, love it. You can't beat the colors on the Super Powers toys, they make for such a brilliant display. 

Over two years I finally opened up my SDCC prototype ronin Boba Fett. He goes nice with the stands I did. Figure looks great. Articulation could be better. Scale is a bit imposing next to Snake Eyes. They should have made a longer sword for him. 

...PS I need a V1.5 Scarlett torso. Mine cracked and back shoulder broke off from moving her arm last time I had her out :frown:

PSS My appointment for Joes is canceled for a bit due to Covid (shrug)

93C131A7-2BB9-4B73-BB7D-42482BB3ED1F.jpeg

91242C6D-E524-4542-80A9-FE6E384FB655.jpeg

7223B33D-64B7-48E1-83E3-000A1A5915AC.jpeg

Edited by STORMSHADOW_80

44 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Over two years I finally opened up my SDCC prototype ronin Boba Fett. He goes nice with the stands I did. Figure looks great. Articulation could be better. Scale is a bit imposing next to Snake Eyes. They should have made a longer sword for him. 

...PS I need a V1.5 Scarlett torso. Mine cracked and back shoulder broke off from moving her arm last time I had her out :frown:

PSS My appointment for Joes is canceled for a bit due to Covid (shrug)

93C131A7-2BB9-4B73-BB7D-42482BB3ED1F.jpeg

91242C6D-E524-4542-80A9-FE6E384FB655.jpeg

7223B33D-64B7-48E1-83E3-000A1A5915AC.jpeg

That looks like a whole lot of FUN!! ^^ 

PS the wolf is a nice touch!

PSS, hope that meeting happens and everyone stays safe :whee: 

9 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That looks like a whole lot of FUN!! ^^ 

PS the wolf is a nice touch!

PSS, hope that meeting happens and everyone stays safe :whee: 

Thank you sir! I’m glad I set him free. 

PS Thanks. I appreciate it. It was a little challenging finding a wolf that fit right for Snake Eyes 6”.

PSS I’m stoked. I ended up going with Plan B. My buddy and I went out of town (Best LA traffic ever) and we split a lot of Joes. Here is my share.

D8888437-D1C9-4862-97FF-9D0E82FDF895.jpeg

Edited by STORMSHADOW_80

1 hour ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I went back for the Rattler, more file cards, FLAGG deck pins, and a hydro sled. It ended up working out that I went later because he found the gunner canopy that was missing. Lots of Joes to clean up over the weekend  :smile:

I'll ask... Rattler with or without front landing gear? 

1 hour ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I went back for the Rattler, more file cards, FLAGG deck pins, and a hydro sled. It ended up working out that I went later because he found the gunner canopy that was missing. Lots of Joes to clean up over the weekend  :smile:

1D0D9AF7-17FC-430F-AEC4-778FEDEE9FA0.jpeg

COngrats! Rattler was my first GI Joe vehicle and is still my favorite plane. Great pickup!

I'm supposed to go pick up a box of Joe stuff from a friend this afternoon, if the rain holds off. Stay tuned!

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I'll ask... Rattler with or without front landing gear? 

It's got the front land gear :banana: The landing gear is pretty stiff, which i think is a good thing. I have a 2008 Tiger Rat reissue and the landing gear is always falling in. I'm just going to leave this Rattler landing gear down so i don't mess anything up.

3 hours ago, F For Fake said:

COngrats! Rattler was my first GI Joe vehicle and is still my favorite plane. Great pickup!

I'm supposed to go pick up a box of Joe stuff from a friend this afternoon, if the rain holds off. Stay tuned!

Thank you! I love the Rattler. Very iconic plane for Cobra.

Awesome! I can't wait to see what you get. Keep the hunt alive!

11 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

1D0D9AF7-17FC-430F-AEC4-778FEDEE9FA0.jpeg

Rattler is a beautiful toy. 

That's a LOT of file cards.  I'd love to fall into an FC pile. 

Patrick