• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,312 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

* A handful of 25th carded figures. I was surprised to see that prices on some of these have started to bump up. They used to all be in the $10-$20 range, but now there are several (like Snake and Matt Trakker here) that are bumping up to the $30-$50 range. I will probably go back for a few more of these as well.

IMG_4032.JPG

I occasionally look for this guy on feebay.  I love that they brought some MASK into the Joe "world".  Wish they would do a few more...  If you got one that has some dings or dents that you might sell on the cheap side - I may be your buyer!

35 minutes ago, Yorick said:

I occasionally look for this guy on feebay.  I love that they brought some MASK into the Joe "world".  Wish they would do a few more...  If you got one that has some dings or dents that you might sell on the cheap side - I may be your buyer!

Yeah, I love this figure! I particularly love details, like how they used the Condor vehicle as an inspiration for his helicopter pack, such a cool thing to do. Wish they'd gone further along these lines. This is the only one I have now, but if I run across another I'll keep you in mind!

15 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Someone post 80s toys in the VCC so I can buy them. 
Patrick

I get more for them on eBay than here. lol 

@F For Fake

The Matt Trakker figure... I had it... sold it... once I bought one back, I opened it... it's going nowhere.  

It's an amazing figure and something that could have been explored a bit more.  It's funny, I have enjoyed the 25th vehicles more than the vintage ones.  In many cases they were reimagined from the ground up and built with sturdier with a better design.  For example, the 25th Water Moccasin is superior to the vintage one in every way, from sturdier steering vanes, to a dedicated gunport where things won't get trapped inside, to a larger boat overall where no is too crammed in. 

I am listing books online... but I will dig out one of my recent "Corona Purchases" and take a picture later. 

unnamed.jpg

Just now, Buzzetta said:

@F For Fake

The Matt Trakker figure... I had it... sold it... once I bought one back, I opened it... it's going nowhere.  

It's an amazing figure and something that could have been explored a bit more.  It's funny, I have enjoyed the 25th vehicles more than the vintage ones.  In many cases they were reimagined from the ground up and built with sturdier with a better design.  For example, the 25th Water Moccasin is superior to the vintage one in every way, from sturdier steering vanes, to a dedicated gunport where things won't get trapped inside, to a larger boat overall where no is too crammed in. 

I am listing books online... but I will dig out one of my recent "Corona Purchases" and take a picture later. 

unnamed.jpg

I have a similar history with the Matt Trakker figure. Bought him new on the shelves, one of the few 25th figs I picked up at the time. Thought he was cool but when the price crept up a bit and I decided I wasn't going to pursue "new Joes", I sold him. Regretted it, as the price climbed. Was happy to get this one at a very fair price, and he's a keeper for sure. Wish they'd gone further down these rabbit holes, so many cool things they could have done!

As for the 25th figures overall, I just never got over the o-rings. I know every reason why they can't and shouldn't use them anymore, but without them, the figures just look...off...to me. The torsos too long and skinny, something just not quite right. BUT, I have warmed to them in the last couple of years, particularly on these vintage style cards, they look swell.

Of course, around the Pursuit of Cobra line, they started really nailing the sculpts, and those figures look super. Wish I'd bought more of those, prices have gotten ridiculous on that stuff.

On 4/17/2020 at 8:18 PM, followtheleader said:

Rattler is a beautiful toy. 

That's a LOT of file cards.  I'd love to fall into an FC pile. 

Patrick

Thank you! I’m almost done cleaning it. I treated the Sharc to make it whiter. Worked right away with one treatment. (thumbsu 

Also picked up some more Joes from another local dealer that lives close by. We did a partial trade in with extra parts I have. The firebat without the stickers is the original and is super clean. The other is the 25th. Lots of Joes to work on :smile:  #blessed

40014E6E-AFF2-4F1A-84E4-F4625CCC6134.jpeg

8326F6C9-1604-4203-98FF-CC0248A71282.jpeg

B452DFF1-5DD5-48CB-8A9F-250C1725D978.jpeg

I mentioned I would post something that I received in the mail.  As much as I have been selling off a lot of Joes there were a couple of things I still wanted to save... 

I did the FSS Series 3 wave and saved the Frostbite figure in the hopes of one day getting a Snow Cat.  I meant what I said that the 25th vehicles are by far better designed than their vintage brethren.   The modern Snow Cat (Wolf Hound) sports Snow Cat stickers regardless of what they want to call it.  Here are the upgrades.

• Missile rack is finally sturdy - the clips will not easily break
  • Missile rack has a sliding firing mechanism
  • the overall feel of this piece is more sturdy.
  • Smokey black canopy
  • weathered look 
  • Rear wheel wells are finally a matching white to the front wheel wells. 

The vehicle did not come with Frostbite so I will put him aside for now and let Frostbite have his wheels back. 

The Snake Eyes figure came from the Greatest Battles five pack which was pretty tricky to track down.  I was not paying the premium for the set as Snake Eyes was the only one I wanted.  The sculpt borrows from few other molds with a few new parts but has the nice black finish with highlights that pop in an almost homage to the Golden cover of GI Joe Yearbook 2. 

These might be the last Joe toys I purchase for a very long time... but glad to finally have them for now. 

IMG_7518.jpeg

IMG_7519.jpeg

IMG_7520.jpeg

IMG_7521.jpeg

On 4/18/2020 at 11:55 PM, Masochism said:

Venom fanatic here.

20200201_162504.jpg

Same, and I love Mafex's aesthetic and articulation.  My only issue with that figure is he's too small.  LOVE the Mafex Spidey though, and I'll be getting the Mafex Cyclops soon.  Still on the fence about their Wolverine, I don't like the way his claws look.

On 4/18/2020 at 2:44 PM, Buzzetta said:

unnamed.jpg

Thanks for the comparison info for the two moccasins.  I never had the original, but always wanted one.  Now I'm thinking of picking up the newer version and putting my original 80s Copperhead figure with it.

Can anyone recommend simple peg stands for Marvel Legends figures from 2018-2019? I recently opened a few to display on a shelf, and they keep falling over. These are some of my only new figures, and none of my Star Wars and G.I. Joe stands work. I see some generic ones from China on eBay, but I'm not sure if they work well. Thanks.