• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

Found a pic of it online. 

I think I know which box mine is in.  I'll get a pic later in the week. 

Even though they weren't as finely crafted as some other 80s toys, they have some great points.   The artwork is fantastic, great colors, great concepts, and it's D&D related!

Patrick

advanced-dungeons---dragons---ljn---warduke---evil-nightmare-gift-set--usa-box--p-image-250647-grande.jpg

Now that’s pretty awesome, I’ll have to be on the lookout for that 

16 hours ago, mr_highgrade said:

I cannot emphasize this enough when it comes to MP transformers...

Do your research. 

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/new-to-the-mp-line-some-questions-if-these-issues-are-normal.1165791/

https://tfsource.com/blog/2018/01/19/sunstreaker2/

I like the Sunstreaker mold to be honest... I have not bought a new MP in awhile and he tempted me.  However, I hope they fixed the mold as a few were reporting cracks and breaks in the windshield and backpack rotation.   What's interesting is that sometimes, some of the knock off companies fixed some of the mold issues when they stole the design.  I find that pretty fricken amusing.  Just watch a ton of reviews on each one before you buy.  YouTube is actually pretty good with that. 

MP_Sunstreaker_19.jpg

On 5/4/2020 at 1:22 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Woah you went all in @F For Fake Congrats on the Joes! It's funny you mentioned the DIC series as i just started watching it too. Not quite the same as the first series but fun to see some familiar characters and vehicles. Gridiron is in a lot of episodes. I also saw range viper you got as well. I want to get one to go with my Piranha. I still need depth charges for that thing.

My buddy hooked me up with a Skyhawk the other day. I love it. Very iconic. I also got a few parts in the mail for other vehicles. My Phantom has all the outside pieces now. I just need a couple actuators and wheel covers, along with the Ghost Rider pilot. I'll post some pics once I get the stand in.

0FE23093-340C-4728-B51E-B648D058A518.JPG

Thanks bud! Yeah, the DIC series seems to be directed at younger kids, so there's a lot of goofiness, but I do enjoy seeing the wide rang of characters. Range Viper has always been a favorite, such a funky design.

You can never go wrong with the Skyhawk, it's an all time classic, and that one looks super clean!

13 hours ago, JoeRock said:

Picked this up today from a friend, I’ll admit I don’t know much about D&D, but this figure looks awesome, the art on the back is great, might try to grab a few of the others now

6040C73E-9D6E-4D5A-A3A3-4C5E69164637.jpeg

D6808C9F-9092-4630-9B1B-75C1DAED68E5.jpeg

Ooooh yeah, LJN AD&D figs, that's the stuff! Never collected the line but it's very tempting.

13 hours ago, JoeRock said:

Picked this up today from a friend, I’ll admit I don’t know much about D&D, but this figure looks awesome, the art on the back is great, might try to grab a few of the others now

6040C73E-9D6E-4D5A-A3A3-4C5E69164637.jpeg

D6808C9F-9092-4630-9B1B-75C1DAED68E5.jpeg

Nice! I remember having that guy and the silver knight growing up.

Many an epic battle was had between those two!

Mail call! This stuff showed up today, part of a really nice original owner collection that hit eBay a couple of weeks ago. Everything is in very nice shape. I think it's all there except for the antenna for the checkpoint (if anyone has an extra, i'm looking for one!) 

The Wolverine was a classic eBay blunder. It's very clean and nice, but it's missing the tow cable (which is a pretty common issue.) However, they were also selling a huge parts lot, and I could see the tow cable was in there. So, I intended to win this (which ended first) and then the parts lot. Well, I got the Wolverine at a decent price, but the parts lot shot up to around $180, and I just couldn't do it. I asked my buddy what I was missing in the pics that made the lot go so high, and he pointed out some antennae for the Mauler and some other pricey bits. Oh well, I'll probably never find an original tow cable for less than an arm and a leg, guess I should have gone all in, but I didn't want to have to deal with selling off the stuff I didn't personally need.

Love the box art on this stuff. I"m going to have to complete the set of battle stations, they're just too neat.

IMG_4703.JPG

IMG_4704.JPG

IMG_4705.JPG

IMG_4706.JPG

IMG_4708.JPG

IMG_4709.JPG

IMG_4710.JPG

IMG_4711.JPG

IMG_4712.JPG

IMG_4713.JPG

IMG_4714.JPG

3 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Ended up paying through the nose for it, but it's cherry and it is in its permanent home now. Really love this.

You love it and you are stoked so you got a good deal.  That is an amazing piece.  

6 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Which leads us to this bad boy. The rest were just appetizers, I had to have this thing. They're always pretty pricey, but I hadn't seen a nice box in a long time, maybe ever. Ended up paying through the nose for it, but it's cherry and it is in its permanent home now. Really love this. Probably going to need the rest of the Sears stuff eventually, but this one was the real prize for me.

IMG_4716.JPG

IMG_4717.JPG

IMG_4718.JPG

IMG_4719.JPG

IMG_4720.JPG

IMG_4721.JPG

Man, the CAT box.  That is seriously cool. 

I have a couple tanks, but no packaging.  And you got the label sheet too. 

Patrick

11 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Man, the CAT box.  That is seriously cool. 

I have a couple tanks, but no packaging.  And you got the label sheet too. 

Patrick

Thanks everyone, I'm stoked! And Patrick, yeah, I couldn't believe they had the box and it was so nice. I was trying to explain to the wife, I could get the tank for $300-$400 any day of the week, but with a box, much less a nice one? I had to take my shot. Very happy to have it home.

After doing a few puzzles with my wife (and still in the middle of a nice 2,000-piece space-themed one), I have my next shelter-in-place project lined up! Took advantage of the Star Wars day sales/offers over the weekend to get the Death Star II Battle set for free...

lego.thumb.jpg.94c8b323cf767422f8cb37da4202a0f7.jpg

20 hours ago, Talapas1 said:

Love seeing the Joe stuff.   Snagged this little lot yesterday.  I think Claymore completes my Special Mission Brazil set.  I’ll have to check though.  I don’t remember if I have Leatherneck or not.  

70026DD5-F6A3-44E9-9CB6-CD740DEA372D.jpeg

Awesome on the Claymore.  One of the tougher Joes.

I would faint if I ever had the chance to buy a sealed Brazil set. 

I'm a HUUUUGGGGE Shockwave fan.  Love the coloring book with him on it. 

I'd have a tough time picking between Shockwave, Hit & Run, Croc Master, and BATS.

Patrick

Boooooo

All Lego projects and hovercraft put on hold for two reasons. 

1 - A friend sent me a picture of a guy who did the hovercraft justice and put everyone else's online to shame.  Everyone else was using the standard lego hovercraft hull.  This guy went all beast mode and built his own using a lot of SNOT (Studs not on top) techniques.   I will link you to his flicker folder here.  You have to see what he does.

2 - FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY - I was notified by the bath remodel company I contracted to redo my bathroom. They said my village hall finally responded.  I was JUST about to have the paperwork completed by village hall when everything shut down. This means that a building inspector will be coming to my house and will need access to the basement for the water lines.  So what does that mean?  Well... most everything has to be concealed or tucked away since officially in my town a basement is for storage unless you have a direct egress from the main area.  Guest bed alcove had to be overturned and I keep my shipping boxes that I use down there also. 

I would much rather finally get my bathroom done.  I've been waiting now over a year to get this together due to false starts, a contractor that disappeared, and multiple quotes.