• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,313 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Yorick said:

@BOLORINO so you split the figures and then repositioned for Kraven to be in front?  You are handy.

Thanks ! 

That's a really cool statue, but I always thought Kraven should in front of the lion so I a made a custom base to fix that.

I'm going to start working on one for the Lizard...  I'm a big Spider-man fan :bigsmile:

On 5/22/2020 at 4:31 PM, SpeedforceKJ said:

Just added this flash vinimate to my flash collection. I only have a small portion set out but this was for sure being set out 

C0A19563-4A42-4AC1-8BF9-7750A4B7F499.thumb.jpeg.5ec1a98c39fb0088e1c94e1d299e19be.jpegA43C4E22-9DA0-498F-B828-EB286CCD6092.thumb.jpeg.7dbaee8be4e8672f045594dbea11d37f.jpeg

Sweet collection! Love the Flash, such a classic character and costume, great visual makes for terrific toys/statues. Simple perfection.

One of the few purchases since COVID hit. 

Picked it up from the same party as the Red Ninjas I posted some time back.

Another of the later Joes that sells quite well.  But definitely not consistently as much as Red Ninjas.

Figure is named T'Gin-zu. 

Like Red Ninjas, he was released with a terrible vehicle. 

No elbow cracks, nice white. 

Patrick

20200517_164859.jpg

Hey everyone, 

I usually don’t make these types of posts, but before I hit the bay and take that risk, I’d like to see if there is anyone here who might have what I’m looking for.  

Looking for a MOC Kenner ROTLA Indiana Jones.  Card doesn’t have to be mint.  This was always a line I wanted to collect and never did.  I think it’s time.  Thanks everyone! 

5 hours ago, Shadow Images said:

I haven't purchased anything since my wife was diagnosed with PKD/PLD but did a trade this weekend with a friend who wanted one of my Glocks. Got these and some cash.

IMG_9016.thumb.JPG.a8ceab45926dcdfbc2d13747c1fe14bd.JPG

NICE Batman!  You might even be able to get that remnant sticker off (carefully).  Robin on the slim card even has a variant (two sizes of "bubble" - this one being the larger).

13 hours ago, Shadow Images said:

I haven't purchased anything since my wife was diagnosed with PKD/PLD but did a trade this weekend with a friend who wanted one of my Glocks. Got these and some cash.

Sorry to hear about your wife's condition. 

Congrats on the trade.  I enjoy the smaller cards better than the larger ones. 

Patrick

Edited by followtheleader

18 minutes ago, bane said:

I didn't realise there were some variants with those DC comics toy biz line, i've seen Green Lantern with black arms as well as green.

Yup, it's a fun line to collect, because there are a lot of different little things to track down, but none of them are too pricey (yet!)  I've got all four variants of the Penguin and his umbrella, long missile, short missile, no missile, etc. 

Green Lantern is one of the best figures in the line, I love it. I remember getting him and Hawkman for Christmas. I was really "too old" for toys at that point (what does that make me now??) but I still thought they were very cool. I still have the figures, though I lost all of the accessories.  Haven't gotten around to buying complete ones for the collection yet.

21 minutes ago, bane said:

I didn't realise there were some variants with those DC comics toy biz line, i've seen Green Lantern with black arms as well as green.

There's also Aquaman with green arms vs Orange arms, and some other neat little variants.

23 hours ago, Shadow Images said:

Yes, G2 Megatron. Well past when I cared about TF but I wanted the G1 Trypticon.

Nice!  I remember getting that for Christmas one year when I was young.  It was my big gift from my grandparents that year.

On 5/26/2020 at 10:00 AM, Shadow Images said:

Another poster suggested you may be able to remove those stickers.  If you go for it try Un-Du sticker and label remover

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TZQPTS/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_Nl90EbBH2C1D3

I collect vintage SW cardbacks and have had some success with it.  You drip the solvent on top of the sticker, let it soak for 5 or 10 seconds, not too long or it will evaporate.  Then gently take the sticker off: slide it off with a toothpick or if you can grab a piece with tweezers without touching the cardback that is best.

Lessons learned: stickers that are in good condition or reasonably located should be left alone: not worth the risk and decent stickers are cool.  Do NOT rub, touch the card back, etc.  Some stickers come off super easy some don't.  If it is not coming off easy then let the Un-Du evaporate and give up.

If you have a similar cardback that is somewhat worthless practice on that to make sure the cardback color doesn't run.  If it is a typical gloss cardback it is probably safe.

Maybe start shopping for a cheap cardback to practice on... to be confident that the yellow color won't smear or run. With the practice I've had I'd go for it on those 2.  I suspect those stickers will be easy because someone peeled the tops of the stickers off and the solvent will go straight to the glue.  Because the stickers are torn you can grab onto fibers with very sharp tweezers without touching the cardback.  Pull it straight off.

Edited by Turnando