• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

On 5/31/2020 at 9:10 AM, Turnando said:

Another poster suggested you may be able to remove those stickers.  If you go for it try Un-Du sticker and label remover

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TZQPTS/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_Nl90EbBH2C1D3

I collect vintage SW cardbacks and have had some success with it.  You drip the solvent on top of the sticker, let it soak for 5 or 10 seconds, not too long or it will evaporate.  Then gently take the sticker off: slide it off with a toothpick or if you can grab a piece with tweezers without touching the cardback that is best.

Lessons learned: stickers that are in good condition or reasonably located should be left alone: not worth the risk and decent stickers are cool.  Do NOT rub, touch the card back, etc.  Some stickers come off super easy some don't.  If it is not coming off easy then let the Un-Du evaporate and give up.

If you have a similar cardback that is somewhat worthless practice on that to make sure the cardback color doesn't run.  If it is a typical gloss cardback it is probably safe.

Maybe start shopping for a cheap cardback to practice on... to be confident that the yellow color won't smear or run. With the practice I've had I'd go for it on those 2.  I suspect those stickers will be easy because someone peeled the tops of the stickers off and the solvent will go straight to the glue.  Because the stickers are torn you can grab onto fibers with very sharp tweezers without touching the cardback.  Pull it straight off.

Thanks for the info but been collecting a long time have removed tags in the past on both comics and toys packages. I come from having owned art and frame shops where we were involved some art restoration, Naptha is your friend. Now its really a part of the history of the toy and would rather just leave it. I don't care about the values anymore. 

6 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Also, I had to have this once I realize it existed! I know I keep saying I done with modern toys, but I couldn't pass up a walking talking Robby the Robot for $20! Who would have thought you'd be able to find something like this on the shelves at Wal-Mart in 2020?!

IMG_1047.JPG

IMG_1048.JPG

The box is pretty killer art too lol

15 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

The box is pretty killer art too lol

I know! Can’t believe they used that classic poster art on a toy directed at kids instead of adult collectors. Not that I’m complaining!

On 6/2/2020 at 2:54 PM, F For Fake said:

$6 pickup from Craigslist, I had to have that wallet! It's so clean! And the good news is that when I picked it up from the nice grandmother, she told me that she had a "tub of GI Joes" that her grandkids had been playing with that she'd probably be selling soon. She said they'd "pulled some of them apart" and some were "missing their helmets and stuff" but I told her I'd still be interested. So she said she'd give me dibs on them whenever she sells. Cross yr fingers!

IMG_1049.JPG

Great score! I would have been all over that. That wallet looks unused. I hope there is great things to come with the tub of joes (thumbsu

Another project done for my toy collection.

This is my XM Studios Carnage statue.  It looks great, but I thought the base needed some more color and highlights so I tried to make it better. hm

I've just done the Kraven Statue base and it came out ok, so I was hoping to make this one look even nicer. 

If you are not familiar with this Carnage, I've included some Before vs. After pictures in the video that show the change a little better. 

Great one for any Carnage or Spider-man fan :bigsmile:

:popcorn:

1 hour ago, BOLORINO said:

Another project done for my toy collection.

This is my XM Studios Carnage statue.  It looks great, but I thought the base needed some more color and highlights so I tried to make it better. hm

I've just done the Kraven Statue base and it came out ok, so I was hoping to make this one look even nicer. 

If you are not familiar with this Carnage, I've included some Before vs. After pictures in the video that show the change a little better. 

Great one for any Carnage or Spider-man fan :bigsmile:

:popcorn:

For the price paid, I'm glad that you feel comfortable to "make it your own!" :tink: 

I like both before and after, and while that is true, I do agree the beginning does look a "little plain" (on the base!)

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

12 hours ago, bane said:

Newest addition 

7BF65995-5435-4DDE-8040-22FF50DBAEF8.thumb.jpeg.65d8cd69778a8a6cb649b7fe336218ab.jpeg

It looks like he has a mullet a la Supes of the 90's and I love it!

There's a plastic Batman in here,does that count?I know,I need to dust it.I have a similar loose Bats like above I'll need to snap a pic.I've oodles of cracktic stuff just never think any are good enough to share really.Now they've been sitting on shelves for almost two decades maybe I have a few goodies!

101261093_562059857817803_45823383007353101310895_683437535551428_60025759413252

Bonus seventies stp car and mini Coke micro since the images were beside each other.

On 6/6/2020 at 12:20 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

For the price paid, I'm glad that you feel comfortable to "make it your own!" :tink: 

I like both before and after, and while that is true, I do agree the beginning does look a "little plain" (on the base!)

Thanks !  :bigsmile:

All the paint can be easily removed if I decide to change it back to the original look....  It was actually a fun project. 

That Carnage portrait is just awesome too... This is a great statue for any Carnage fan.

The next project will be much more complex... :idea:   It is one of my favorite Spider-Man villains... 

The Lizard !  :tink:

On 6/6/2020 at 11:54 PM, porcupine48 said:

It looks like he has a mullet a la Supes of the 90's and I love it!

There's a plastic Batman in here,does that count?I know,I need to dust it.I have a similar loose Bats like above I'll need to snap a pic.I've oodles of cracktic stuff just never think any are good enough to share really.Now they've been sitting on shelves for almost two decades maybe I have a few goodies!

101261093_562059857817803_45823383007353101310895_683437535551428_60025759413252

Bonus seventies stp car and mini Coke micro since the images were beside each other.

Lol now you point it out it does look like a mullet!

On 6/7/2020 at 5:06 PM, srezvan said:

Any suggestions on where to trade Joe parts? This was a big purchase from months ago that I'm slowly going through. Would love to trade parts.

20200607_134551.jpg

Facebook groups.  However, you are usually better off selling parts off and buying what you need.  Most of the 'trades" I have seen usually end in butthurt.