• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,312 posts in this topic

On 6/7/2020 at 5:06 PM, srezvan said:

Any suggestions on where to trade Joe parts? This was a big purchase from months ago that I'm slowly going through. Would love to trade parts.

20200607_134551.jpg

Indeed, FB groups are where the action is these days. I'm in several, my favorite is probably GI Joe ARAH Vintage Toy Line 1982 to 1994. It's very active.

It's been a couple of years since I checked forums like Hisstank. They used to be hopping, not sure these days. Seems like everyone went to FB.

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Indeed, FB groups are where the action is these days. I'm in several, my favorite is probably GI Joe ARAH Vintage Toy Line 1982 to 1994. It's very active.

It's been a couple of years since I checked forums like Hisstank. They used to be hopping, not sure these days. Seems like everyone went to FB.

Thanks for the tips. I don't use facebook, so I may just end up selling online and buying what I want, as suggested. Shipping these just gets tough.

12 hours ago, F For Fake said:

It's sad, but Hisstank and YoJoe are shadows of their former selves for buying/selling/trading. 

I abhor Facebook so no-go for me. 

It's tough sledding these days.  I think we discussed it in earlier posts, but we're almost forced to buy complete versions anymore (though costs are out of the roof now). 

One thing I've done in the past is to buy and sit on partials for a long time.  Then another comes along and you put a complete one together. 

Can't tell you how many partials I sold in the past, got a second mint version that was also partial, and continue to miss a part that I could have had from the 1st partial.  DOHHHH

Patrick

My fun cheapy edition. 

Some Micromasters I've picked up in 2020. 

Can't really go wrong with those associated to the larger MM sets.  

Orange sports car does well.  I'm a huge Countdown fan, so the Rover is always a go for me.  Fluctuates in price - some times up, some times down. 

Fire Engine is usually missing the ladder.  

Center blue car is a mini spy (not MM). 

Patrick

20200609_192652.jpg

13 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Bought this recently.  

Bag makes it hard to take a decent pic. 

AVAC Mail-Away. 

A great Joe for a great playset. 

Patrick

20200609_192445.jpg

20200609_192454.jpg

That's great! It's a classic figure regardless, but I love the mailaways. Most Joes are fairly common and were produced in large numbers, but collecting sealed mailaways adds a difficulty wrinkle that makes it more challenging and fun to collect. 

I think I brought this up some time back. 

There's a docuseries called "A Toy Store Near You".  

Heard about it back in March but hadn't see anything.  

Noticed that 2 episodes have been posted to Youtube and thought people might enjoy watching.  Sorry, if there are a ton elsewhere, I'm just not aware. 

Kind of moving, very relevant look at small business being affected by COVID.  The animal component hits me too as an avid dog lover.  Oh yeah, there are toys. 

Involves people from the Toys that Made Us.  Of course Bellomo.  

NOTE: Is it me or are the ladies eyes in the 2nd episode just amazing? 

Episode 1:

Patrick

Right now I am openly mocking those that paid $100+ for an Lego Ahsoka Tano as an adult minifigure.  Lego is releasing the version from the last season of the Clone Wars in a $40 set that you know Amazon will mark down to $32.99.  The headpiece uses the same mold as the one everyone is paying $100+ for. Not only that I am sure there will be additional Ahsoka figures once Mando Season 2 arrives. 

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2020/06/17/lego-reveals-7-new-star-wars-sets-for-summer-2020-including-galaxys-edge-and-upcoming-2020-advent-calendar-news/

I am definitely digging the Lego Disney Star Wars Theme Park Transport and the Ahsoka set. 

Edited by Buzzetta

19 hours ago, JoeRock said:

How about some Turtle love. I used to have a good bit of these carded, traded and sold most of them over the years, but kept these two. As a kid, my parents didn’t have much money, but did the best they could. Donnie was my first TMNT figure, I played with it so much the rubber head broke off. I remember my mom super glued the head back. So it was important to me to get a carded rubber head Donatello, for memory sake years later. The Leather Head is just an error package upside down, which is awesome to me for some reason 

F5835276-5F4C-439C-8433-8F8816825F49.jpeg

The upside-down LH is pretty cool.  Looks so weird. 

Patrick

Anyone see this?

1308255323_InspectorGadgetBlitzway.thumb.jpg.5c2238fc7c1bee62b62eb03312ac0a39.jpg

It made me remember an Inspector Gadget figure I wanted when I was a kid. I never got it but remember seeing it in one of those holiday Toys R Us catalogs that would show up in the paper. Or perhaps it was a Kay Bee Toys catalog I can't remember. I just know after Thanksgiving or so, my Grandmother would have those catalogs out of I think the Sunday newspaper. I remember it was in plastic.

Anyway, I might get this set. As a kid, I thought Inspector Gadget was cool with the helicopter hat and that transforming car. But I watched the first episode a year or so ago and it was terrible. Gadget was really incompetent and buffoonish. I recognized the voice as Max from Get Smart. But Max is funny and I can still enjoy that show. As well as many of my favorite old cartoons. Maybe I just wanted to see if Gadget would catch Claw in the cartoon. And the opening was cool. But man that first episode was hard to watch. Perhaps I'll watch a few more to see if my opinion changes.

Edited by GeneticNinja

On 6/7/2020 at 1:17 AM, Buzzetta said:

It only took three months to get here... Lego had / has some severe supply chain problems.  Once things open up some more I am going to redo my office.  I wanted this on display and needed to get it before it was retired.

98D6F57B-2577-478C-8CF2-FC390D6CF43C.jpeg

Something i learned today from one of the Lego groups.  Do you see that white sticker on the box?  That is to cover up the European markings.  Apparently the supply chain for Lego had broken down so severely with local factories and distribution centers in NA that these were sourced from overseas to fulfill orders.    Many Long Island Target and Walmart stores have a very thinning Lego offering. 

I’ve been waiting several months for this special set to become available again. Worth the wait and every penny! Took most of the weekend to build. 
E0E40786-C830-4EB8-84CB-A96391A133F3.thumb.jpeg.65dbe1412ef643686051fe00b3d18ef4.jpeg8B150553-B823-4C7A-AE05-47C211C08928.thumb.jpeg.a25f2aaae2962c247f8cee3dbd97f31c.jpegF4110063-0836-4027-B7B5-9111AC5E5525.thumb.jpeg.a686331e6a2df4674b3514f3c956c505.jpeg16055419-67BF-4CA9-8DA5-8145F9933A64.thumb.jpeg.459c890e7f6a9542f4c46e32e8de4409.jpeg6850A3F8-9908-4E0B-A330-655F75C118CF.thumb.jpeg.d65a72ee3b4ebbe7a7f10865bd299caa.jpeg

I just finished rewatching the first season of Stranger Things and the references are still fresh in my mind.

Thanks to @Buzzetta I no longer have to wonder what’s up with the white sticker on the box.

586165FB-1A93-4D2E-B2CE-62F2E622CA72.jpeg

On 6/19/2020 at 1:50 PM, Buzzetta said:

Something i learned today from one of the Lego groups.  Do you see that white sticker on the box?  That is to cover up the European markings.  Apparently the supply chain for Lego had broken down so severely with local factories and distribution centers in NA that these were sourced from overseas to fulfill orders.    Many Long Island Target and Walmart stores have a very thinning Lego offering. 

That makes sense with all that is going on. When I got my Millennium Falcon a few months back, I had to order three missing pieces, it took four weeks for their Fulfillment to get them to me.

Edited by Brandon Shepherd
Autocorrect issues