• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Brandon Shepherd said:

Are you able to get the roofing to connect with the porch support beams? Mine don’t connect all the way, it’s driving me crazy.

yes but everything has to be perfect. it's very persnickety. When we moved ours that was the exact part/connection that came apart and we had to do a major teardown/rebuild to get it to line up. 

On 7/1/2020 at 6:27 PM, Brandon Shepherd said:

I now have all the Rise of Skywalker LEGO sets! Excluding any polybags or BrickHeadz and that giant D-O.

F8C41190-898D-423E-A006-BFA05713EAD2.thumb.jpeg.207cca141c77a9df8ee2dee3fe70fb5b.jpeg

I’ve been waiting for over three months for this baby to come back on the shelves.

:cloud9:

I finished the X-Wing last night. Now I can finally take a picture of all my Rise of Skywalker sets together. I started buying these sets last April, due to the COVID-19 crisis, it took a lot patience to get all of these. I was lucky to find some of them on sale, I was also lucky to get the Millennium Falcon on Amazon before it sold out.

F3C33BDA-22A5-4A48-AE39-619AA023DBBE.thumb.jpeg.f32e7acb3bd2d5c272090f52386ca37e.jpeg

DAF1987F-AA5A-4F1E-A1D9-52B17321EFC9.thumb.jpeg.e3b02ed8641e3be405aae85b2a2f097d.jpeg

9E07A203-7D9C-47A8-940C-8F38CB3E6887.thumb.jpeg.c9cd4815477862126cf1fa17db9ff84a.jpeg

A125AD80-699D-4B9B-AA88-D74D92C8D4B7.thumb.jpeg.c184270fcd499bbd661640d640238ffd.jpeg

B15076B7-ECD1-45AA-BA27-697DFAA4EB08.thumb.jpeg.bd78b398d79268bf039e515788f32d69.jpeg

EC5F2B10-F083-4DD1-9A5C-B383083B78BE.jpeg.f3666532c2f9284722bfa44b009f809e.jpeg

:cloud9:

Edited by Brandon Shepherd

Finally done !

CUSTOM LIZARD STATUE BASE (Original XM Studios Lizard Statue).  In this Final Part 3 I show how it was painted :bigsmile:

I'm a big Spider-Man fan and the Lizard is one of my favorite characters so all the work was worth it !

You can also see how it looks next to other statues in my statue display  I'm sure not everyone will like it (shrug), but I hope you enjoy watching the Epic Conclusion of this project ! 

:popcorn:

This is how it looked before (picture)... It was already a pretty cool statue :)

It looks even more awesome now :bigsmile:

LIZARD-OG.JPG

On 6/29/2020 at 9:22 PM, followtheleader said:

Couple not-so-exciting Joe pieces. 

Snow Cat - Beautiful piece.

Super white, I've passed countless others as they are easily yellow. 

Though it's simple, I love the windshield wiper.  Such a simple concept. 

Constantly missing.  Worse, the glass knob is broken. 

Devilfish - One of the 1st pieces I bought as an adult.  

Saw it at a garage sale with Transformers.  Was totally trashed.  

The missile holders are constantly broken, the engines off or broken, and the missiles are always missing. 

Wonderful part about both?  They are dirt cheap in this environment.

More to come in the near future. 

Patrick

20200629_141848.jpg

20200629_141956.jpg

Two of my all time faves. I spent so much time in the pool with the Devil Fish, what a fun little boat!

3 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Last week my LCS got in a huge GI Joe collection. Unfortunately I was a couple hundred miles away, so I figured it would all be gone by the time I got back into town today. Swung by the shop and got a couple of the left overs. Man, it stung to miss that stuff, they had some great prices and it looks like all of it is in nice shape. My friend at the shop said that most of the stuff sold about 30 minutes after they posted it on Instagram. Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

As for what was left, this complete Stormy was really really nice, as was Alpine. Alpine is missing one of the climbing hooks, but that's ok, I have a spare. Was also all over the Shipwreck. Polly has broken feet and the gun is broken, but the boarding hooks and rope are in terrific shape and are worth more than I paid for the whole thing. Plus the figure is still a nice bright blue, no yellowing. I'm pleased with my consolation prize. Of course, the REAL sting is knowing that someone sold this whole collection to a comic shop, who paid pennies on the dollar, when I would have paid close to FMV for the whole collection if I'd had a shot at it! Oh well.

IMG_5711.JPG

IMG_5714.JPG

IMG_5715.JPG

The hooks for Alpine are pretty easy to find and replace even if you did not have a spare.  However, the grapple gun on Alpine is quite hard to find without a broken 'rope'  That plastic wire part has not aged well.  Good pickup. 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

The hooks for Alpine are pretty easy to find and replace even if you did not have a spare.  However, the grapple gun on Alpine is quite hard to find without a broken 'rope'  That plastic wire part has not aged well.  Good pickup. 

So true of so many of these pieces. Unfortunately those tiny, thin strips of plastic were barely sturdy 30+ years ago. It's a miracle when they've survived until now!

I'm sure someone posted some Robotech toys here. I just started this auction topic for sketches of Rick Hunter from the opening of Robotech / Macross.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/471674-robotech-macross-cartoon-rick-hunter-opening-sketches-auction/

I really want cels from G.I. Joe and a few other 80s cartoons. But someone showed this to me. Would be nice if I could get just one but they have a lot of 16 sketches in the auction.