• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

Didn't find any of these around here... but keep an eye out.

For the first time in a long time, a Lego set was recalled and will not be released.  A few sets were already shipped around the nation and have been put out. 

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-technic-bell-boeing-v-22-osprey-42113-release-potentially-cancelled/

Long story short, the v22 Osprey is primarily a real modern world military vehicle which is something they never do... They reconsidered and pulled it after some sets already shipped. 

Be on the lookout at Target, Walmart and the like.   You will NOT find this at your Lego store. 

LEGO 42113 

The is already hitting up to $1600 on the secondary market. 

They can be sold... but competition is fierce... If someone in the stockroom knows that a box containing these $150 items are worth ten x that each... they might never hit the floor. 

https://www.brickfanatics.com/some-lego-technic-42113-bell-boeing-v-22-osprey-helicopter-sets-will-be-sold/

Edited by Buzzetta

13 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Didn't find any of these around here... but keep an eye out.

For the first time in a long time, a Lego set was recalled and will not be released.  A few sets were already shipped around the nation and have been put out. 

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-technic-bell-boeing-v-22-osprey-42113-release-potentially-cancelled/

Long story short, the v22 Osprey is primarily a real modern world military vehicle which is something they never do... They reconsidered and pulled it after some sets already shipped. 

Be on the lookout at Target, Walmart and the like.   You will NOT find this at your Lego store. 

LEGO 42113 

The is already hitting up to $1600 on the secondary market. 

They can be sold... but competition is fierce... If someone in the stockroom knows that a box containing these $150 items are worth ten x that each... they might never hit the floor. 

https://www.brickfanatics.com/some-lego-technic-42113-bell-boeing-v-22-osprey-helicopter-sets-will-be-sold/

I thought they cancelled it before the Aug 1 release?

5 hours ago, bobotski said:

I thought they cancelled it before the Aug 1 release?

They did but some were already shipped to retailers. 

2 hours ago, jason4 said:

Added steeler, scrap iron, colonel hawk with mms, grunt, barbeque, gas guy? , brazil wet suit, chuckles, jinx, alpine, 2nd bats, 2nd cobra officer, 6th cobra soldier, hooded cobra commander instead of older one, 3rd snow serpent, 2nd crimson guard, lampreys, and Tomas and xanot

Also a gi joe 1 and 100. Will be adding the mayhew baroness variant behind cobra. 

20200727_090343.thumb.jpg.a2c801060b31ced1bd442a4515c02d8d.jpg

20200727_090356.jpg

20200727_090756.thumb.jpg.398752a32d72e00aff02b8c0cb8eb729.jpg

Sweet! I still need a Steeler for my MOBAT. I've got the helmet and visor, just need the figure. Great set up!

1 hour ago, jason4 said:

Btw very disappointed with the target gi joe fiasco. The exclusive gi Joe's sold out in 15 or less seconds to bots. Was hoping to get the amazing baroness figure. Will have to wait because I refuse to pay scalpers the triple asking price. 

Definitely don't pay scalper prices, these are probably going to be plentiful in store. Street date is 8/14, but some folks are already finding them. There are several pics in the FB groups of peg after peg of the figures. Some have been able to purchase, some say their Targets are sticking to the street dates. But I don't think supply is going to be an issue with these. Good luck!

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Definitely don't pay scalper prices, these are probably going to be plentiful in store. Street date is 8/14, but some folks are already finding them. There are several pics in the FB groups of peg after peg of the figures. Some have been able to purchase, some say their Targets are sticking to the street dates. But I don't think supply is going to be an issue with these. Good luck!

Yes I actually went to target today and they said another guy asked about them this morning but they are sticking with 8/14. Guess I'll have to get up super early that day to be sure. I did find the scarlett figure and wow what a headsculpt I had to pick her up. 

Also still waiting for my hasbro pulse snake eyes pre- order. Not sure how comic stores have him but I dont? 

20200727_131420.jpg

1 hour ago, jason4 said:

Yes I actually went to target today and they said another guy asked about them this morning but they are sticking with 8/14. Guess I'll have to get up super early that day to be sure. I did find the scarlett figure and wow what a headsculpt I had to pick her up. 

Also still waiting for my hasbro pulse snake eyes pre- order. Not sure how comic stores have him but I dont? 

20200727_131420.jpg

Nice! I was set up at a Joe show this weekend and saw the Classified figures out in force. They're definitely neat, but I'm staying strong (so far) and sticking to my "I only collect vintage 3 3/4" guys.

We'll see how long I last before I cave. Beach Head looks pretty friggin' awesome.

Edited by F For Fake

12 hours ago, jason4 said:

Added steeler, scrap iron, colonel hawk with mms, grunt, barbeque, gas guy? , brazil wet suit, chuckles, jinx, alpine, 2nd bats, 2nd cobra officer, 6th cobra soldier, hooded cobra commander instead of older one, 3rd snow serpent, 2nd crimson guard, lampreys, and Tomas and xanot

Also a gi joe 1 and 100. Will be adding the mayhew baroness variant behind cobra. 

20200727_090343.thumb.jpg.a2c801060b31ced1bd442a4515c02d8d.jpg

20200727_090356.jpg

20200727_090756.thumb.jpg.398752a32d72e00aff02b8c0cb8eb729.jpg

Love the Joe collection.  

Sure a lot of Cobra Officers/Enemies. 

You should get rid of that terrible black tank.  As a friend, I can help you out. 

Aren't full file cards just beautiful?  Especially that Baroness.  

On a side note, I was thinking of a fun challenge.  Anyone else ever look at a figure and think of someone famous?  To keep this fair, the figure can't be intentionally based on someone famous (like Nick Fury "looks" like Samuel L Jackson, DUH!).  

Two I'm currently thinking of to start this.  Thrasher (Dreadnok) always makes me think of Jay Leno. 

This one is kind of silly, but the vintage Baroness figure is the female Harry Potter.  Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Patrick

Edited by followtheleader

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

On a side note, I was thinking of a fun challenge.  Anyone else ever look at a figure and think of someone famous?  To keep this fair, the figure can't be intentionally based on someone famous (like Nick Fury "looks" like Samuel L Jackson, DUH!).  

Two I'm currently thinking of to start this.  Thrasher (Dreadnok) always makes me think of Jay Leno. 

This one is kind of silly, but the vintage Baroness figure is the female Harry Potter.  Whhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Patrick

The twins look like Patrick Swayze in drag. You're welcome.

Tomax_Xamot.jpg

2ef3fee2802ec57d97dde5bda0bbf36a.jpg

2eca231f8b685e73ceb1e79bc55c3b19.jpg

Edited by DTM700

Epic haul from the KY GI Joe Fest this weekend. Haven't had a chance to sort through the stack yet (been too busy packing/shipping all of the things I sold to pay for this stuff) but there are lots of goodies hiding in there. Will share my typical long winded posts breaking it all down the next couple of days. In the meantime, enjoy playing Where's Waldo with this mountain of plastic!

IMG_1133.JPG

16 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Epic haul from the KY GI Joe Fest this weekend. Haven't had a chance to sort through the stack yet (been too busy packing/shipping all of the things I sold to pay for this stuff) but there are lots of goodies hiding in there. Will share my typical long winded posts breaking it all down the next couple of days. In the meantime, enjoy playing Where's Waldo with this mountain of plastic!

IMG_1133.JPG

I see a MOC 25th Anniversary Duke and a SDCC Cobra Basilisk (Snow Cat Repaint) on the right. 

What is the big Omega Supreme looking arm thing in the center? 

Edited by Buzzetta

8 hours ago, F For Fake said:

IMG_1133.JPG

To Mountains of Plastic! :tink: :roflmao: sounds like a dream! Where I would end up more like :ohnoez: than :whee: 

You Da Man!

8 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I see a MOC 25th Anniversary Duke and a SDCC Cobra Basilisk (Snow Cat Repaint) on the right. 

What is the big Omega Supreme looking arm thing in the center? 

You definitely see Duke! And yes, good eye, that's the Basilisk, although he's an innocent bystander, I didn't pick that up at the show. He's a victim of relocation as I prepare a new spot for my vehicles.

That is the Justice League Watchtower, and its acquisition is a pretty good story! Details as soon as my boss stops giving me work to do. The nerve!

7 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

To Mountains of Plastic! :tink: :roflmao: sounds like a dream! Where I would end up more like :ohnoez: than :whee: 

You Da Man!

To Mountains of Plastic! That's just how everything sorta came to rest as I got it into the house, and I haven't had a chance to dig back into it yet. Tonight is the night!

In case anyone else was looking for one.

6" Madalorian  in Beskar Armor is back up on preorder at BBTS

$22.99

It was sold out on Hasbro Pulse and sold out on Amazon. 

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/125910

I broke down and bought a 6" Scale SW figure. 

image.png.909cb0c5b9a076f2cf5be86b0620b18f.png