• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,308 posts in this topic

I am going through at least 50,000 files as I finally organize my digital life going through a few hundred at a time.

Found this which may be of interest... it was the concept for a Voltron castle.    Don't know if it ever made it beyond an artistic design... 

This was for the more recent lines.

original_299138_kj0GNdKF5jctw0e5meJxl9qgx.thumb.jpg.b99ede8806735d2887e4f549165b657c.jpg

20 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I am going through at least 50,000 files as I finally organize my digital life going through a few hundred at a time.

Found this which may be of interest... it was the concept for a Voltron castle.    Don't know if it ever made it beyond an artistic design... 

This was for the more recent lines.

original_299138_kj0GNdKF5jctw0e5meJxl9qgx.thumb.jpg.b99ede8806735d2887e4f549165b657c.jpg

Panosh Place had taken this concept at least to the stages of prototype for photography, as is shown in these photos on Greg Tyler's website taken from the 1986 Toy Fair catalogue. The castle from the '86 PP line was not as developed as the conceptual drawing you have for this later line.

rantrant

The figures on Greg's site were unproduced and a FB friend found them while picking in a warehouse of prototypes in a box marked "crash test dummies." He contacted me knowing I was fond of Voltron, and I ID'd pretty much all the molds and hardcopy parts for him. What happened from that point is a bit of a sore spot for me because he had asked me to help him find someone to sell them to, I put him in contact with two people (Greg being one of them). The other person who expressed the most interest (not Greg) was keen on them, but my friend was asking top, top, top market on these, and basing them on other toy line values, which didn't in my estimation climatize well to the Voltron market. So while I was asked by my friend to keep this on the down low, and I did want a few pieces for myself, what ended-up happening is that this individual I introduced him to went around me, got a group of people to help him acquire the whole collection, and then I ended-up finding out about this when they began sharing pictures of their acquisitions.

I have helped by putting buyers into contact with frriends more times than I could count, never once taking a cent from any of those deals (and there is a member on these boards who can attest to this when I helped him sell a set of Sears ESB shrinkwrapped MOC's) but this was one of the only time I was brushed to the sidelines in this manner. To say I wasn't a fan of how it all went down would be an understatement, and I'm not posting this for sour grapes, but because I had warned my friend that one of the suggestions made to me early on by this individual was that he was thinking of using the molds to recast some of these figures for the collector market as a possible way to offset the acquisition costs of the prototypes and molds, and I told him that was a bad idea. Which is very likely why he went around me. I also warned my friend about this, but you know how things go, money always seems to cloud people's judgment. In the last month, I've caught this person now twice promoting in Volton FB groups that he's releasing one of the recasts, and I let my FB friend know.

It is what it is, and I sometimes wonder if I had just hibernated my helpful nature more, perhaps I wouldn't let things like this bite me in butt like they do sometimes.

Edited by comicwiz

43 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

Panosh Place had taken this concept at least to the stages of prototype for photography, as is shown in these photos on Greg Tyler's website taken from the 1986 Toy Fair catalogue. The castle from the '86 PP line was not as developed as the conceptual drawing you have for this later line.

rantrant

The figures on Greg's site were unproduced and a FB friend found them while picking in a warehouse of prototypes in a box marked "crash test dummies." He contacted me knowing I was fond of Voltron, and I ID'd pretty much all the molds and hardcopy parts for him. What happened from that point is a bit of a sore spot for me because he had asked me to help him find someone to sell them to, I put him in contact with two people (Greg being one of them). The other person who expressed the most interest (not Greg) was keen on them, but my friend was asking top, top, top market on these, and basing them on other toy line values, which didn't in my estimation climatize well to the Voltron market. So while I was asked by my friend to keep this on the down low, and I did want a few pieces for myself, what ended-up happening is that this individual I introduced him to went around me, got a group of people to help him acquire the whole collection, and then I ended-up finding out about this when they began sharing pictures of their acquisitions.

I have helped by putting buyers into contact with frriends more times than I could count, never once taking a cent from any of those deals (and there is a member on these boards who can attest to this when I helped him sell a set of Sears ESB shrinkwrapped MOC's) but this was one of the only time I was brushed to the sidelines in this manner. To say I wasn't a fan of how it all went down would be an understatement, and I'm not posting this for sour grapes, but because I had warned my friend that one of the suggestions made to me early on by this individual was that he was thinking of using the molds to recast some of these figures for the collection market as a possible way to offset the acquisition costs of the acquisition, and I told him that was a bad idea. Which is very likely why he went around me. I also warned my friend about this, but you know how things go, money always seems to cloud people's judgment. In the last month, I've caught this person now twice promoting in Volton FB groups that he's releasing one of the recasts, and I let my FB friend know.

It is what it is, and I sometimes wonder if I had just hibernated my helpful nature more, perhaps I wouldn't let things like this bite me in the like they do sometimes.

You can easily be jaded by something like that... however there are many more people that you have helped where it turned out the right way.  In return I am sure that they have also directed things your way or notified you about things that became available.   Everyone gets theirs though. 

I sold a page of art a few years ago and the guy wrote me a note that "he loved the artist and loved the character and was hoping I would lower the price as it was all he could afford blah blah blah ... the usual."  Even though my price was high, I would not really relent.  He kept asking and asking and still I said no.  Finally he asked me to let him know if I received any other pages from that artist and character in the future.  Another board member knew about the sale and was trolling around a comiclink auction when he saw it TWO MONTHS LATER.

I made sure I won the piece back... at about 3/5 or 1/2 the price I originally sold it to him. 

So I did what needed to be done.  I contacted him again to let him know I had another page and wanted to know if he was interested.  

I don't believe I ever heard back from him. 

:D 

Already have the BMF Millennium Falcon and don't want to spend $400 to 'update' it?

I was debating whether I should sell my BMF Legacy Falcon and rebuy the Disney theme park version with better paint apps... the thing is... It's $400.  $434 with tax... 

Hasbro had my back on this... They put Hondo up for preorder yesterday.  By the time I realized it they were sold out but I ordered one for $2 more through BBTS. 

The new Falcon eliminates Chewbacca and Han with their head pieces and adds in Hondo from the Clone Wars, a swappable radar dish, the crates from the Imperial Hover Tank, and a handful of Porgs.   The main attraction here was fan favorite Hondo... going by the pics it looks to be the same exact figure.  For once... they listened. 

image.thumb.png.c8eeea274a7dccfd2eef1b8f73bbef00.png

21 hours ago, jason4 said:

Where there is a will there is a way. Baroness is very hard to find even more so than the cobra troopers pr beach head because she is only 3 per store for now. 

1 for me in the box, one for the kids to open and play...and an apocalypse just because I guess

20200821_084553.jpg

Baroness comes with a taser?

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Already have the BMF Millennium Falcon and don't want to spend $400 to 'update' it?

I was debating whether I should sell my BMF Legacy Falcon and rebuy the Disney theme park version with better paint apps... the thing is... It's $400.  $434 with tax... 

Hasbro had my back on this... They put Hondo up for preorder yesterday.  By the time I realized it they were sold out but I ordered one for $2 more through BBTS. 

The new Falcon eliminates Chewbacca and Han with their head pieces and adds in Hondo from the Clone Wars, a swappable radar dish, the crates from the Imperial Hover Tank, and a handful of Porgs.   The main attraction here was fan favorite Hondo... going by the pics it looks to be the same exact figure.  For once... they listened. 

image.thumb.png.c8eeea274a7dccfd2eef1b8f73bbef00.png

I love when they make a holster on the figure for the gun accessories.  Cool figure.

BOOM!        BANG BANG!

Pew pew!          Swoosh!

Beep boop beep!   Wookiee roars and lots of lightsaber sound effects!!

445A058C-EBF4-44DB-B1D5-8B881CABB686.thumb.jpeg.11e9d2d4a1131c886b719c20aff35e56.jpeg

49764048-EE71-4530-BD41-FAE7D371DC3B.thumb.jpeg.a294b4af5136a67ab2173aacb68fbed4.jpeg
38FC618F-EC67-4FBD-BBAD-238E93A6E764.thumb.jpeg.de7b93d0a05a1c9418e2d7e44e9e6bb2.jpeg

38FC618F-EC67-4FBD-BBAD-238E93A6E764.thumb.jpeg.de7b93d0a05a1c9418e2d7e44e9e6bb2.jpeg

ECA3D046-AC80-432E-A595-AB402F6DFE90.thumb.jpeg.24f633eb5095c1c5e255578d9d99f058.jpeg

264ED43D-D7C9-4AC8-9A2D-259250850C34.thumb.jpeg.04f99856630b8fb0e2c30166a198be87.jpeg

D5040FDE-2EF2-4A38-A8A1-437D3FE63087.thumb.jpeg.a15264c662ed59f0f32282f456f96231.jpeg

2C0F269A-897F-4CF1-B7DC-5D3AE78C8160.thumb.jpeg.74e63fcf369bab170fafb754bd7d72aa.jpeg

4F8D554E-A064-4346-9E55-17522686EBAC.thumb.jpeg.7e5c89cbda2eac7e68ac96f237234198.jpeg

The minifigures are not “this week” but the white and grey base plates they are on are brand new, today, and are therefore “This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection”. :grin:

Edited by Brandon Shepherd

Garage sale pickups from this morning. Nice box of plastic junk. Nothing is complete or particularly valuable, but this is the sort of stuff I just can't leave behind. The Batmobile was most expensive at $15, the rest were $2-$5. Batmobile needs windshields, but is otherwise in working order. The rest are missing stuff, but are easy enough to sell. For now they head to the laundry room, awaiting their chance to find a forever home. Looks like Cap sacrificed himself jumping on a grenade. Yeesh!

IMG_1314.JPG

IMG_1315.JPG

IMG_1316.JPG

IMG_1317.JPG

IMG_1319.JPG

Anyone need roadblock ? Let me know before I leave.  Cost plus shipping... if you want it shipped cheaper I will put it in an envelope and ship it loose.   Lmk in the next 30.

Leaving and currently hidden in the store muhahahhahaa

image.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

19 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Garage sale pickups from this morning. Nice box of plastic junk. Nothing is complete or particularly valuable, but this is the sort of stuff I just can't leave behind. The Batmobile was most expensive at $15, the rest were $2-$5. Batmobile needs windshields, but is otherwise in working order. The rest are missing stuff, but are easy enough to sell. For now they head to the laundry room, awaiting their chance to find a forever home. Looks like Cap sacrificed himself jumping on a grenade. Yeesh!

IMG_1315.JPG

I've always liked the Lex-soar 7.  One vehicle from that line I'd still like to own...

On 8/22/2020 at 4:11 PM, Yorick said:

Baroness comes with a taser?

Its more of a laser looking snake thing. Just an additional weapon they added besides the 2 pistols and 2 rifles and snake knife. Overall it's a really well done figure and 2nd best in the line imo behind the deluxe snake eyes.