• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,314 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Yorick said:

I've always liked the Lex-soar 7.  One vehicle from that line I'd still like to own...

Yeah, it's a pretty sleek little vehicle with a cool silhouette! I was happy that the kryptonite rock was still in there.

On 8/21/2020 at 3:52 PM, jason4 said:

Where there is a will there is a way. Baroness is very hard to find even more so than the cobra troopers pr beach head because she is only 3 per store for now. 

1 for me in the box, one for the kids to open and play...and an apocalypse just because I guess

20200821_084553.jpg

Congrats on the find. She is harder to get then the troopers or beachhead. I struck out on day 1 in my area due to shenanigans of target employees not putting all of them out and doing inside jobs. In one instance the manager promised me he was going to set 1 aside for me only to have them slip through somehow. He said he owes me one for the mistake. If anyone has any plastic crack suggestions I'm all ears. rantrant

Day 2 I did a lot better. I managed to get a sealed case of Baroness. I'm thinking of getting it AFA graded but don't know all the ends and outs of doing that. It should get an uncirculated grade since the box hasn't been opened.

Baroness isn't anywhere within 500 miles of me according to the Target web site and Popfindr.

Not really sure I want her.  I'm not going to collect Joes, and I don't see her fitting in all that well as a Marvel Hydra or AIM goon.

Edited by fantastic_four

3 hours ago, jason4 said:

I just put in to get one of these behemoths. Anyone else going to get one? Tomorrow by midnight is your last chance before they close the deal.

Screenshot_20200823-105442_Chrome.jpg

Going to get somewhere from 3 to 5...going to be a last-hour decision for me, probably.  If I get 5 I absolutely HAVE to get rid of some of my comic longboxes.  Which I can totally do, just been avoiding doing the work of getting rid of a few thousand comics.

If I get five, I'll start by opening one or two.  I'll do some displays, figure out how well it works in my space, and go from there.  If I find I want more, at least I'll have them.  If I don't, I'll just sell a few.  But I'd rather have the option to use them by jumping in now at $350 when in 2022 they're more likely to be anywhere from $500 to $1500 on the aftermarket.  But storing 3 or 4 is why I need to clear some comic boxes out between now and a year from now.  Tomorrow I'm going to estimate how big the box is likely to be...maybe something like 4 feet by 3 feet by 2 feet including packing materials.  Storing a few of those isn't at all trivial.  :juggle:

Edited by fantastic_four

12 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Baroness isn't anywhere within 500 miles of me according to the Target web site and Popfindr.

Not really sure I want her.  I'm not going to collect Joes, and I don't see her fitting in all that well as a Marvel Hydra or AIM goon.

Not sure what happened to Target's website. It worked for Beach Head but not now for Baroness. Best bet is to check Popfindr between 7 - 9 in the morning while it's being checked in from the truck.

Finally pulled the trigger on all of the Mafex figures I had been mulling over for most of the last year.  Got all of them from Amazon Japan except the Batman Begins and Batpod figures.  REALLY happy with all of them!  Love those Thor lightning effects, the Batman Hush cape, and the overall look and optic blast effect for Cyclops.

I also have their Spider-Man figure, and I REALLY want the Superman coming out next month if the reviews are good.  I'll probably also get their Joker figure from two years ago, and possibly their Dark Knight figure featuring the upgraded suit from the second Nolan film.

IxjTTiL7dQdHYyWVujsYWvxvld5O3lNmyuAJRk8s

53 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Going to get somewhere from 3 to 5...going to be a last-hour decision for me, probably.  If I get 5 I absolutely HAVE to get rid of some of my comic longboxes.  Which I can totally do, just been avoiding doing the work of getting rid of a few thousand comics.

If I get five, I'll start by opening one or two.  I'll do some displays, figure out how well it works in my space, and go from there.  If I find I want more, at least I'll have them.  If I don't, I'll just sell a few.  But I'd rather have the option to use them by jumping in now at $350 when in 2022 they're more likely to be anywhere from $500 to $1500 on the aftermarket.  But storing 3 or 4 is why I need to clear some comic boxes out between now and a year from now.  Tomorrow I'm going to estimate how big the box is likely to be...maybe something like 4 feet by 3 feet by 2 feet including packing materials.  Storing a few of those isn't at all trivial.  :juggle:

This is why I am not buying one... 

I think the Sentinel is amazing and definitely better than Unicron in terms of bang for your buck.    I have been been flip flopping whether or not to get one to keep or to hold and flip and then I notice that the Barge still remains unopened on the guest bed in the alcove of the basement.  I have go to start making some cuts. 

I look forward to seeing your pictures though... 

Open 3 lol 

7 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I have been been flip flopping whether or not to get one to keep or to hold and flip and then I notice that the Barge still remains unopened on the guest bed in the alcove of the basement.  I have go to start making some cuts.

I don't recall, is that your only Barge, or did you buy two and that one is your extra?  Either way yea, if you haven't opened it yet it's probably time to unload.  Unless you're thinking the market will increase.  I haven't followed pricing closely enough to know what it'll do in the next year or ten.

7 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I don't recall, is that your only Barge, or did you buy two and that one is your extra?  Either way yea, if you haven't opened it yet it's probably time to unload.  Unless you're thinking the market will increase.  I haven't followed pricing closely enough to know what it'll do in the next year or ten.

I only bought one.   If I were to sell it, I would also sell the Skiff and all associated figures in one giant lot.   Instant Sarlacc Battle... 

There are other things I would prefer to sell though first so it's weird... like you say, common sense suggests that I should just be done with it.

However, let us be realistic... when has common sense and toy collecting ever gone hand in hand?  lol   I mean do we really 'need' any of this? 

Gentlemen... and I suspect that @STORMSHADOW_80 might have the knowledge due to the GI Joe background... 

How do I turn this Wampa white again? 

He has bungee cord innards for the arms. 

61998413841__0329198C-B522-4792-B336-D34C19394A75.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

However, let us be realistic... when has common sense and toy collecting ever gone hand in hand?  lol   I mean do we really 'need' any of this? 

If you don't need the money or space don't worry about it, that's my approach to hobbies.  I'm currently hogging up roughly three pallets in our basement, so that's the limit I'll work within.  I'll be shooting for freeing up at least enough space on those for Sentinel boxes.  I think all I have to do to make room for four 18" deep by 20" wide by 30" tall Sentinel boxes--which is my estimate for the size of the box based upon the box they put Jabba's barge in--is sell most of my statues.  Which I've been wanting to do since I started buying action figures anyway, so it's all good.

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Gentlemen... and I suspect that @STORMSHADOW_80 might have the knowledge do the GI Joe background... 

How do I turn this Wampa white again? 

He has bungee cord innards for the arms. 

Easier way- Put them in a jar with hydrogen peroxide, cover the top with clear wrap, and leave it out in the sun for a few hours. Repeat as needed - wash the figure thoroughly after you're done. 

Other way- Carefully brush retrobrite (40 volume salon developer) on the yellow parts, wrap the figure tightly in clear wrap, leave it out in the sun for a few hours. Repeat as needed - wash the figure thoroughly after you're done. 

Hydrogen peroxide is my favorite method. Retrobrite gives you more control, but you have to be careful to wrap it tightly to not let it dry out or else it supposedly can leave spots.

2 minutes ago, eee91 said:

Easier way- Put them in a jar with hydrogen peroxide, cover the top with clear wrap, and leave it out in the sun for a few hours. Repeat as needed - wash the figure thoroughly after you're done. 

Other way- Carefully brush retrobrite (40 volume salon developer) on the yellow parts, wrap the figure tightly in clear wrap, leave it out in the sun for a few hours. Repeat as needed - wash the figure thoroughly after you're done. 

Hydrogen peroxide is my favorite method. Retrobrite gives you more control, but you have to be careful to wrap it tightly to not let it dry out or else it supposedly can leave spots.

I will give the peroxide a try... thanks !

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I will give the peroxide a try... thanks !

Hopefully you haven't put him in a jar of peroxide just yet. The best stuff to use is called salon 40. It's a hair developer and be purchased at beauty supply store. It's in a cream type form. You just paint on the spots you want whitened and put it in a zip lock bag in the direct sun. The fumes start activating and it will get a little foggy in the bag. Check on it after a few hours. I'm actually doing this right now with a Joe vehicle.

This stuff works way better than the 3% brown bottle peroxide and costs less. One bottle will last you quite some time.

My bad, I didn't see salon 40 mentioned earlier. I just saw jar of peroxide and remembered my friend had some joe parts crumble on him for being in there too long. I haven't tried clear wrapping salon 40 yet, but I will soon when i find the time to take my Flagg apart. I just use bags on the small stuff.

After cleaning i like to use armor all to help condition the plastic.

10 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

When both of you finish with your salon products (Zoolander), post some pics. 

Interested to see the outcome.  

That Wampa is ALWAYS off-white.  Such a pain to get a mint white version. 

Patrick

But how many Abadiginals do you know that are male models? :wink:lol

I did a Storm Shadow for a friend the other day. I can never get him bright white once its really yellow, but looks a lot better.I'll have to see if i have some before and after pics. Currently I just finished getting the yellow out of the Hammer vehicle.

I’ve been blessed to find some good toy hauls lately. Here is a pic of a garage sale I went to. We left at 4 am for the drive and it was worth it! Vehicles were mostly complete with the small parts bagged up. A couple days ago I did a toy swap and was able to get some more vehicles and figs I didn’t have yet as well as parts I needed. Completed The Ferret with seat cover and hose. Also got most of the parts I needed for the Hammer. I’ll have to take some pics soon. 

Also found Beach Head & Baroness. So much Target shenanigans but I’m glad it’s over. I can finally stop waking up extra early in case I have to go to a Target somewhere.

3A7E9007-DE71-4304-8D57-E00D7743CF73.jpeg

103A0D67-430C-4075-B651-4AC4BBD3020B.jpeg

A99584D5-1BDA-45B1-AFCC-8748CEB09C38.jpeg

BA205FDF-444B-42B1-987B-DAF8352371F5.jpeg

72BB4A34-3EC7-4839-ABEC-F53FBE224407.jpeg

C1A65910-322E-462E-80CB-12B5287D1A60.jpeg

784BA061-DA2A-4B6C-AE6A-8C7AE3E9EDFC.jpeg

6 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

My bad, I didn't see salon 40 mentioned earlier. I just saw jar of peroxide and remembered my friend had some joe parts crumble on him for being in there too long. I haven't tried clear wrapping salon 40 yet, but I will soon when i find the time to take my Flagg apart. I just use bags on the small stuff.

After cleaning i like to use armor all to help condition the plastic.

Crumble? YIKES. Didn't know that could happen.

But both processes work - I just prefer peroxide since it doesn't require gloves to prevent skin burns. 

The clear wrap technique was something I found online when reading about guys using salon 40 to whiten their old SNES systems. They would apply the stuff, then wrap in clear wrap. 

7 hours ago, eee91 said:

Crumble? YIKES. Didn't know that could happen.

But both processes work - I just prefer peroxide since it doesn't require gloves to prevent skin burns. 

The clear wrap technique was something I found online when reading about guys using salon 40 to whiten their old SNES systems. They would apply the stuff, then wrap in clear wrap. 

I really should wear gloves but always forget. Lol. It’s not that bad. Just wash afterwards. Last time I used peroxide it took a whole week to get results that I can get in a few hours with salon 40. Here is the Hammer I just treated. Back to original color. 

CA21B9A0-2900-4064-86F2-D7A545C010FE.jpeg

Edited by STORMSHADOW_80