• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,261 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Always had them

In Episode 4 when the ship is brought in on the tractor beams they even remark that the ship's logs show that they used the escape pods.

Rey also uses one in Episode 8 to make her way to Kylo Ren.

Oh, I don't remember that in ANH!

My MF toy  that I had as child didn't have it.... Did Kenner make those with subsequent MF's? I only have the original from  '79...

As for Ep 8, well you know how I feel about that movie :sick:, I'm sure I have tried to block that out along with the rest of that mess! 

45 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Falcon escape pod. 

Ship was released part of the Legacy / Vintage Collection back in 2010... it's a monstrosity... it's a must have. 

I just looked up a TRU exclusive MF  from 2012, is that the one you mean?

It looks the same & very cool!

I would have probably bought that if I knew about it then...

So sad that TRU is gone :(

4 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

Oh, I don't remember that in ANH!

My MF toy  that I had as child didn't have it.... Did Kenner make those with subsequent MF's? I only have the original from  '79...

As for Ep 8, well you know how I feel about that movie :sick:, I'm sure I have tried to block that out along with the rest of that mess! 

No... when they redesigned the Falcon ten years ago they actually brought in the guy that designed the Kenner original... They basically said, “Make the ship you wish you could have.”

I already the first release with Han and Chewbacca with the original electronics.  However if I didn’t, I would be all over this. 

Just now, Buzzetta said:

No... when they redesigned the Falcon ten years ago they actually brought in the guy that designed the Kenner original... They basically said, “Make the ship you wish you could have.”

I already the first release with Han and Chewbacca with the original electronics.  However if I didn’t, I would be all over this. 

It is nice! 

but not $399 nice! lol

if it was $149-$199 I would be all over it like :jaws:

2 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

I just looked up a TRU exclusive MF  from 2012, is that the one you mean?

It looks the same & very cool!

I would have probably bought that if I knew about it then...

So sad that TRU is gone :(

I think it was released twice... The first time was in the Legacy version and then there was the reissue in a vintage box a short time later.

I have mine in the closet with the BMF At-AT - check that thing out.  Maybe I will take the falcon out later.  

1 minute ago, Comics4All said:

It is nice! 

but not $399 nice! lol

if it was $149-$199 I would be all over it like :jaws:

I think it was $150 ten years ago... back then figured we’re still $7.99? 

so the price kind of makes sense... 

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

I think it was released twice... The first time was in the Legacy version and then there was the reissue in a vintage box a short time later.

I have mine in the closet with the BMF At-AT - check that thing out.  Maybe I will take the falcon out later.  

Yeah,  Let's see some pics of the AT-AT & your MF! 

5 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

A few new Joe items I was able to complete over the weekend. The PAC rats actually took a couple years to come across all the pieces in lots. I’m glad I didn’t just get rid of the odds & ends initially. I only had to buy one piece online for $2.... I still need the remotes though, but I can live without them.

945B61A6-51B0-4841-A548-521188800187.jpeg

E4D9DEC4-5C4A-4B78-A15D-721D4954E2D3.jpeg

22B1BB71-7909-4ED9-AE7F-E40528C828DF.jpeg

Love it. The little playsets and battle stations are some of the coolest things they ever did, IMO. I have the checkpoint and I love it, right down to the clipboard!

I dont own very many modern toys.  But the MF and AT-AT legacy versions were must haves.  In fact, they may be the only moderns I have.  So well done and gigantic.  Come kn, a speeder bike in the butt end of an AT-AT.  That's a long drop!

Patrick

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Love it. The little playsets and battle stations are some of the coolest things they ever did, IMO. I have the checkpoint and I love it, right down to the clipboard!

I still need the surveillance center.  Its a cool piece.  One of the pac rats was my 1st Joe toy as a kid. Those remotes are tough.

Patrick

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Okay... it shocks me how white these came out. 

So I could be buying cheap yellowed figures and bring them back... that's what you are telling me. 

IMG_9810.HEIC.jpeg

Congrats! You're doing God's work restoring these figures. They just need a little love

3 hours ago, F For Fake said:

Thanks. I really dig all the little sets especially since I don't have a terror drome lol I'm working on some displays to have them all set up.

It’s all there... all if it -  so what did you want to see?  I can show you a gallery on rebelscum or something and then I can take close ups of anything you want.

luckily I recognized early on that certain pieces could be easily lost like the chess board pieces so I’ve never removed them from their baggie and kept them under the smuggling panel. 

cockpit comfortably seats four 

I also never applied the stickers - they are still clean and filed away 

I just put in batteries 

A2768956-CA43-421D-9D6A-EBF17F2BDD2C.jpeg

F9D5F24C-DEBA-4B9C-A762-6F37C37A5315.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

It’s all there... all if it -  so what did you want to see?  I can show you a gallery on rebelscum or something and then I can take close ups of anything you want.

luckily I recognized early on that certain pieces could be easily lost like the chess board pieces so I’ve never removed them from their baggie and kept them under the smuggling panel. 

cockpit comfortably seats four 

A2768956-CA43-421D-9D6A-EBF17F2BDD2C.jpeg

F9D5F24C-DEBA-4B9C-A762-6F37C37A5315.jpeg

Thanks

looks really cool!

On 8/30/2020 at 6:41 PM, Buzzetta said:

We should have a contest to see how the rest of the country can pronounce the Long Island towns named after Native American words and tribes. 

Wantagh 

Copiague 

Patchague 

You should hear phone people try to pronounce where I live in setauket. 

9 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

Thanks. I really dig all the little sets especially since I don't have a terror drome lol I'm working on some displays to have them all set up.

How is that possible ? ! ? ! 

I feel like everyone here has to help you find a terror drome... I mean the Flagg is space consuming but we all need to find you a terror drome. 

Edited by Buzzetta

17 hours ago, Comics4All said:
17 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I struck out at one Target this morning but found a couple more Baronesses at another store on my break. It's not easy. Typically you have to check up until 10 am

got it. I usually go in the afternoons or evenings.

I love the artwork on the Baroness with the motorcycle toy packaging, looks like a Nagel print! 

I check Popfindr, see which stores got them overnight, call at 8 AM, ask them to hold them at customer service, and go pick them up.  My success rate is about 1 score per 4 stores I call.  The strikeouts are a split between they're still on the truck and I don't call back at the right time they unload them or the individual I'm talking to thinks it's unfair to hold anything based upon a phone call.

So far I've gotten Baroness and two troopers like this.  If you go in your success rate tends to be higher because it both eliminates the people who won't hold for phone callers and also puts more pressure on people to find things for you, but it takes more time.  If I was trying to build an army of Cobra troopers I'd definitely be going in more than calling, but I just want three and I'm almost there.

10 hours ago, jason4 said:

You should hear phone people try to pronounce where I live in setauket. 

The fun ones... 

We should see if we could get other board members to record themselves trying to pronounce these names. 

Long Island Towns

• Amagansett
  • Aquebogue
  • Commack
  • Nissequogue
  • Mattituck
  • Massapequa
  • Mineola
  • Quogue
  • Quiogue (And it's right next to Quogue so careful if you send packages that way)
  • Sagaponack
  • Wyandanch
  • Asharoken
  • Ronkonkoma
  • Syosset
  • Yaphank
  • Wantagh
  • Patchogue 
  • Copiague
  • Speonk
  • Napeague
  • Montauk 

Here is the full list of everything... I've lived here all my life and I had never heard of a couple of these, like Fisher's Island which I had assumed belonged to CT or RI like Block Island. 

https://www.longislandhub.com/long-island-town-names