• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,261 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

How is that possible ? ! ? ! 

I feel like everyone here has to help you find a terror drome... I mean the Flagg is space consuming but we all need to find you a terror drome. 

I need a Terrordrome too! 

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

I check Popfindr, see which stores got them overnight, call at 8 AM, ask them to hold them at customer service, and go pick them up.  My success rate is about 1 score per 4 stores I call.  The strikeouts are a split between they're still on the truck and I don't call back at the right time they unload them or the individual I'm talking to thinks it's unfair to hold anything based upon a phone call.

So far I've gotten Baroness and two troopers like this.  If you go in your success rate tends to be higher because it both eliminates the people who won't hold for phone callers and also puts more pressure on people to find things for you, but it takes more time.  If I was trying to build an army of Cobra troopers I'd definitely be going in more than calling, but I just want three and I'm almost there.

Thanks, I will try this!

I have my Terror Drome, and it is JUST HUGE ENOUGH. No idea what I'd ever do with a Flagg. When I lived with my folks I had it set up on an old pool table we never used! When it came time to move out, I sold it to my best friend for about $50. I think I paid about $25 for it myself, so, hey, I doubled my money! 25 years or whatever later, he still has it, except he cleaned it up and completed it. He moved to California and was there for about 11 years, but came back home about three or four years ago,and now he lives about 3 minutes away, just a few streets over. So, I can just go visit my (former) Flagg whenever I want, and don't have to worry about storing it. Perfect situation!

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

I have my Terror Drome, and it is JUST HUGE ENOUGH. No idea what I'd ever do with a Flagg. When I lived with my folks I had it set up on an old pool table we never used! When it came time to move out, I sold it to my best friend for about $50. I think I paid about $25 for it myself, so, hey, I doubled my money! 25 years or whatever later, he still has it, except he cleaned it up and completed it. He moved to California and was there for about 11 years, but came back home about three or four years ago,and now he lives about 3 minutes away, just a few streets over. So, I can just go visit my (former) Flagg whenever I want, and don't have to worry about storing it. Perfect situation!

I want/need a Flagg too, but my wife would kill me if I brought that home! lol

It is something I would want to own someday,  along with the Space shuttle complex! 

3 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I check Popfindr, see which stores got them overnight, call at 8 AM, ask them to hold them at customer service, and go pick them up.  My success rate is about 1 score per 4 stores I call.  The strikeouts are a split between they're still on the truck and I don't call back at the right time they unload them or the individual I'm talking to thinks it's unfair to hold anything based upon a phone call.

So far I've gotten Baroness and two troopers like this.  If you go in your success rate tends to be higher because it both eliminates the people who won't hold for phone callers and also puts more pressure on people to find things for you, but it takes more time.  If I was trying to build an army of Cobra troopers I'd definitely be going in more than calling, but I just want three and I'm almost there.

This 100% all of the above. I've gotten lucky a few times just calling when I wasn't close enough. Sometimes though its hard to even get someone on the line at 8. I've ran into a few times at stores I have to wait around for their toy guy to come in at 9 or 10 to pull out a figure. Now the game has gotten a little trickier since the figures aren't coming in full cases of 6 anymore so they are in a random box somewhere. I think they call that their repacks.

1 minute ago, Comics4All said:

I want/need a Flagg too, but my wife would kill me if I brought that home! lol

It is something I would want to own someday,  along with the Space shuttle complex! 

I'm not going to lie. My wife was none too happen when i brought home my flagg. But it was a local deal that i knew I wouldn't be able to find again. I made a lower deck and have a table just big enough to put it on so it doesn't take up as much room. The lower deck makes it less wide to sit on.

I'd love to get a Defiant as well (thumbsu

20 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

This 100% all of the above. I've gotten lucky a few times just calling when I wasn't close enough. Sometimes though its hard to even get someone on the line at 8. I've ran into a few times at stores I have to wait around for their toy guy to come in at 9 or 10 to pull out a figure. Now the game has gotten a little trickier since the figures aren't coming in full cases of 6 anymore so they are in a random box somewhere. I think they call that their repacks.

I just went on Popfindr but I kept getting all these google ads blocking my lookup after the first one!

How do you guys get that to stop?

15 minutes ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I'm not going to lie. My wife was none too happen when i brought home my flagg. But it was a local deal that i knew I wouldn't be able to find again. I made a lower deck and have a table just big enough to put it on so it doesn't take up as much room. The lower deck makes it less wide to sit on.

I'd love to get a Defiant as well (thumbsu

I had a local chance to pick up a Flagg recently, I forget the exact price, but it was decent.

But I just had no idea where I was gonna put it! Also, I am not up to speed on how incomplete it would have been....

The defiant looks like a lot of fun! 

18 hours ago, Comics4All said:

Me too!

How great would it be if Hasbro would ever be able to do a reissue on G1 Jetfire! 

Not sure why Macross won't co license it? 

It would be like printing money....

If Sony and Marvel can come together for Spider-man I am sure Hasbro and Harmony Gold (or Bandai, or Sony, or whoever has the rights...) can come to an agreement...

However, 

... "Hasbro"

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

If Sony and Marvel can come together for Spider-man I am sure Hasbro and Harmony Gold (or Bandai, or Sony, or whoever has the rights...) can come to an agreement...

However, 

... "Hasbro"

"Hasbro" does account for a lot of mishaps ! lol

However I'm holding out hope it may happen one day! 

1 minute ago, Comics4All said:

"Hasbro" does account for a lot of mishaps ! lol

However I'm holding out hope it may happen one day! 

The problem with the rights is that the Macross / Robotech rights have been leased out to so many different entities over the years that it is still confusing as to who owns what in so far as production and distribution of toys and in what area of the world those license agreements apply.  

9 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

The problem with the rights is that the Macross / Robotech rights have been leased out to so many different entities over the years that it is still confusing as to who owns what in so far as production and distribution of toys and in what area of the world those license agreements apply.  

I know it will probably never happen, but it would be very cool if it did! 

Anybody know what the status is on this?

07BC31C2-D559-480C-8B96-BC3CF2AFA832.jpeg.de5277c1dc7101b4756e0e44e8ec497b.jpeg

Amazon had listed for pre-order for months, the on the day of release it immediately went to our-of-print/unavailable status.  Since there’s none available from Amazon sellers I’m assuming it never went to print. 

Know if it will ever go to print and when?

6 hours ago, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I would probably pay up for a masterpiece version of a G1 Jetfire. Probably the only figure I would do that for. The new MP44s, etc are just too much

They have been making the last two waves like 'mini' masterpieces.  I was stunned at how well Optimus Prime came out and regretted not buying this on Amazon when it was available on sale. 

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/133865

Reviews seem to approve of it.  There are no real gaps and the transformation was pretty solid.